collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Everton 1-1 Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 16949 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Everton 1-1 Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #210 on: July 18, 2020, 03:35:17 PM »
How is it literally around the corner?
Maybe just around the corner.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #211 on: July 19, 2020, 12:24:23 AM »
That miss, that equaliser, have potentially condemned the club to years of football in the Championship. Win last night and I would have really believed we stay up.  Unfortunately it's going to be so difficult for the players to pick themselves up after that. Fine margins but somehow inevitable with the lack of character in the team. Still gutted..
Years of football in the championship? I don't see it that way at all. We are far better equipped to bounce back than the last time we were relegated. Of course we'll be losing players but I believe we'll in a much stronger position to bounce straight back. There isn't the utter stench around the club that there was in 2016. (that's if we go down of course)

Bit sobering tonight that Leeds have been out the top flight for 16 years.  I have to disagree with the above post that we are well equipped to bounce back if we go down this time. 

Just don't see anything in what will be left after the inevitable gutting of the side if we do go down being equipped for the Championship.  They won't have the stomach for it for one and think it more likely that we would be in for an extended stay again.

If these owners are as good as most say they are they'll make the correct decisions to get us back up first time just as Mike fecking Ashley did for Newcastle in 2016.

That year we came down in a right state  and then had Xia throwing money around recklessly yet we still made the play off final within two years (yes I know it nearly went to s*** straight after).

I don't even think the championship will be that strong next year and most clubs will be in financial issues. Some could well be starting next season with points deductions aswell (Wigan and Sheff Weds). I expect us to bounce back first time.

Season Newcastle went down they sold 87mil worth of players and spent 57mil ( inc 5 mil on Clark from us ) .22mil was spent on Matt Ritchie and Dwight Gayle who scored 35 goals between them both Prem league players who dropped down a league , which is interesting as in the same position we spent money on championship level players

What also interesting is that they really didn't keep the team that went down , they had to rebuild.I noticed today Fulham only have 4 players playing today who were in the relegation team.So I'm not sure the idea we can maybe only sell Jack and keep rest of the team is that feasible.

What Newcastle certainly had in their favour was an exp manager in Rafa still they won the league by 1 point from Houghton's Brighton who spent significantly less.The 2 things they had in common a strikers who got over 20 goals and a MF  in double figures for goals.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #212 on: July 20, 2020, 11:02:28 PM »
Does anyone on here know anything about one of our subs, Kane Hayden?

I know we've got a couple of centre-backs out, so I was expecting Mungo Bridge to get a place.

Kane Hayden? Never even heard of him!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal