collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by chrisw1
[Today at 12:06:24 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:05:38 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:01:43 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Martyn Smith
[Today at 11:59:21 AM]

150 celebrations by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:41:56 AM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 11:32:10 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:24:30 AM]

Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 11:01:23 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Crystal Palace Post Match Thread  (Read 11020 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Crystal Palace Post Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2020, 06:43:10 PM »
Great result and an excellent performance. The quality really flowed through us second half and we should and could have won by more.

Pleasing to see how poor Palace were too and the potential for all our opponents to be miles off the pace.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2020, 06:43:11 PM »
If Leicester win tonight and ManU tomorrow then Arsenal will have nothing to play for  - like Everton.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2020, 06:43:42 PM »
I agree on Elmo, I think he struggles to play every game now (and he was fucked with about 15-20 to go) but having a right back who can get forward and whip dangerous balls in is so important, with him and Guilbert I'm pretty happy with the right back options. On the other side I'd like to see Taylor replaced, he's not a terrible defensive player but he's just awful in the opposition half.

I do like Konsa though, I'd like to see him in the holding role in midfield, I think he's a good tidy player.
Agree with all of that, Paul. I'd add that with so many free kicks being won by us we need someone to deliver them and someone to finish them. Hourihane can do the first but we've often lacked someone to benefit: today we saw an unlucky hero utilising the free kick in the first half.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2020, 06:52:26 PM »
Momentum counts for an awful lot in football. We’ve never really been able to build up any this season..I don’t think we’ve had two wins on the bounce? If we can just get an early goal at Everton......

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2020, 06:53:30 PM »
If Leicester win tonight and ManU tomorrow then Arsenal will have nothing to play for  - like Everton.

Indeed.  And Arsenal play Watford on the last day of the season.  And Everton still have to play Bournemouth!

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2020, 07:00:04 PM »
Jack seemed much higher up the pitch today which was a bonus

It's where he needs to be. Winning free kicks 60 or 70 yards from their goal is a bit pointless, get in and around the box kiddo, get kicked up in the air where we can do some damage.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2020, 07:10:33 PM »

Realistically with their GD one more point for manu and arsenal are done for the season.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2020, 07:15:35 PM »

Realistically with their GD one more point for manu and arsenal are done for the season.

that's still on great as we might want them to beat Wayford on the last day

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2020, 07:24:16 PM »
True but better than a scenario where they have something to play for against us then nothing to play for against Watford.

I think arsenal are a big wild card in all this. They are so unpredictable they could win or lose against any of the teams in danger. They haven’t really been in contention at the top for a long time but don’t really look like they are on their holidays either.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2020, 07:33:16 PM »
VAR reversing our penalty decision was correct but what fucks me off about it is how long they took scrutinising over it from every angle before reversing it compared to how quick the Man Utd one was given the other night for an almost identical incident, it is a fucking farce.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2020, 07:54:59 PM »
We have to go to Everton and win the game. Puts immense pressure on those two teams above us to fight out a result. A West Ham win and suddenly Watford’s run in looks difficult and it at least takes it to the last day, something we’d have all taken this time yesterday.

Online The Edge

« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2020, 07:55:48 PM »
Three points and a clean sheet. We'll lose at Everton.
That's the spirit

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2020, 07:58:08 PM »
True but better than a scenario where they have something to play for against us then nothing to play for against Watford.

I think arsenal are a big wild card in all this. They are so unpredictable they could win or lose against any of the teams in danger. They haven’t really been in contention at the top for a long time but don’t really look like they are on their holidays either.

Your right we can over think stuff
I was telling my kids today instead of thinking we’ve got to win 3 out of 4 just think we’ve got to win against Palace that’s all that matters right now
then it’s a Everton all the scenarios can wait let’s just concentrate on beating Everton then suddenly it’s not 3 out of 4 it might be 1 out of 2 which seems a lot more doable even for us

so we go again

Online The Edge

« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2020, 08:08:43 PM »
I made the decision not to watch it today. Sat in the garden with a beer and chilled. Heard some cheering from the houses at the back and assumed it was blue noses cheering a Palace goal. It was amazing to go in the house after the game and see the score. Also nice to know the people who live in the houses opposite are Villa!! A very rare good day. Thanks Trez. Thanks Villa.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2020, 08:13:00 PM »
I also missed it. I'd promised to go on a bike ride with the other half. I'm going to try to miss Everton but I can't promise!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal