collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864274 times)

Offline jwarry

Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #8250 on: September 28, 2020, 04:34:45 PM »
Reading Chelski forums they seem to agree RLC is not the player he was since his injury and that he shouldn’t be anywhere near their team at the moment.  They clearly think he has talent but they are now losing faith so a Bid to take him off their hands might just work

His injury is a bit of a rabbit hole in itself. I've seen it mentioned that he has a pre-existing back problem that needs careful managing and means he has to be rested. If that's the case (and I can't see it confirmed officially anywhere) then steer well clear. #RichardsMK11

We just want to take him on loan don't we? Just make sure Chelsea don't screw us over with the terms like Spurs did with the jenas deal. Got season ending injury in the November of that season and we still had to pay all his wages for rest of the season.

Or it could be a McGrath like gamble

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #8251 on: September 28, 2020, 04:35:29 PM »
Reading Chelski forums they seem to agree RLC is not the player he was since his injury and that he shouldn’t be anywhere near their team at the moment.  They clearly think he has talent but they are now losing faith so a Bid to take him off their hands might just work

His injury is a bit of a rabbit hole in itself. I've seen it mentioned that he has a pre-existing back problem that needs careful managing and means he has to be rested. If that's the case (and I can't see it confirmed officially anywhere) then steer well clear. #RichardsMK11

We just want to take him on loan don't we? Just make sure Chelsea don't screw us over with the terms like Spurs did with the jenas deal. Got season ending injury in the November of that season and we still had to pay all his wages for rest of the season.

Well if its just a loan then yes less of a problem, but i'm not sure I'm happy with us trying to get a player upto speed who has to have miss a game every now and then because his back condition flares up. Anyway, I've not seen anything official about this, just mentioned in a few forums

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #8252 on: September 28, 2020, 04:35:38 PM »
There are 3 categories - 1. The one the manager wanted and never got (Muzzy Izzet, McCarthy, Juninho!) 2. The one the press are convinced you are going to sign every window for eternity (Defoe, Robbie Keane, Sturridge) and 3. The one tentatively linked once, and then speculated by fans forever more (Belhanda, Kiyotake, Rashica, Benrahma)

Blimey Muzzy Izzet. I remember  Gregory desperate to sign him for about 12m and he left two months later. Izzet was a decent player but he moved to SHA on a free a year later and got injured on his debut and had to retire so bullet dodged there.

Benni McCarthy did well for Blackburn for 18 months and then lost interest. Pretty sure West Ham signed him and his BMI was higher than mine at the time!

Edit:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/08/13/2069451/west-ham-united-order-benni-mccarthy-to-lose-weight-or-face

I remember McCarthy scoring a tap-in for Blackburn after a defensive Captain, and he said on MOTD something like, "those kinds of things don't happen often, but if you put a sweetie in my mouth, I'm gonna bite." West Ham can't say they weren't warned.

Offline frank black

« Reply #8253 on: September 28, 2020, 04:46:07 PM »
RLC loan to buy I guess?. If he’s not injured it’ll be an excellent signing

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #8254 on: September 28, 2020, 05:43:43 PM »

Or it could be a McGrath like gamble

How many injury gambles of that nature have worked for us or any other club.

God is the exception that proves the rule.

Hence why he is God.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #8255 on: September 28, 2020, 05:45:56 PM »
Alpay had a good first season, was injured for most of 2001-02 then had a miraculous recovery in time for the World Cup. He did well there, then when he came back decided he was too good for us.

We still (stupidly) let him go for free after he had a row with Beckham during an international game. He was a very good player for us when committed. 

Offline Skerra

« Reply #8256 on: September 28, 2020, 07:07:45 PM »
Need to make a couple of changes to freshen things up. Looking a bit sloppy just now.

Offline nigel

« Reply #8257 on: September 28, 2020, 07:44:50 PM »
Well, we’re in the Champions league places, at the moment!
Wonder if that will make Rashica hurry up? 😀

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #8258 on: September 28, 2020, 08:36:17 PM »
Rashica will be crawling all the way from Bremen over broken glass to join us after seeing that performance, begging us to let him pay us to sign.

Offline mike

« Reply #8259 on: September 28, 2020, 08:46:16 PM »
Alpay had a good first season, was injured for most of 2001-02 then had a miraculous recovery in time for the World Cup. He did well there, then when he came back decided he was too good for us.

Yeah pretty much. He stayed around for start of O'Leary season, scored and shushed the fans, got booed for it then had a scrap against Beckham playing for Turkey and we cancelled his contract.

One thing I would say is him and Mellberg were like rocks for first 3 months of 01/02 season when we were top going into November so that's a what if for me given he got injured a few weeks later and Staunton playing weekly was a clear downgrade from then on.

He really was hero to zero.

richtheholtender

« Reply #8260 on: September 28, 2020, 08:55:10 PM »
Now is the time to strengthen again

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #8261 on: September 28, 2020, 08:58:04 PM »
Something special this way comes.

I said it last week and I'll say it again! I'm convinced something big is happening.

I predict at least one sit up and take notice signing in the next 5 days.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #8262 on: September 28, 2020, 09:03:33 PM »
I saw RLC play for palace against Leicester the other year, playing very deep, and he was incredible. I hadn’t realised how good he was until I saw him in the flesh. Best player on the pitch by miles.

Offline frank black

« Reply #8263 on: September 28, 2020, 10:37:04 PM »
We require a left back IMO

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #8264 on: September 28, 2020, 10:40:30 PM »
We require a left back IMO

I fully agree with you. I like Matts attacking runs and involvement but and starting to see him as a liability in defence.
We can't buy everything this window and let be honest I dont think he will cost us that many points between now and Jan.

If he's still not working by then get someone in off the continent as a punt

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal