collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 864780 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #7785 on: September 24, 2020, 08:32:55 AM »
If Spurs really are willing to release Ryan Sessignon surely he’d be well worth a season loan with option to buy. Covers left back or left midfield. Scores goals too.

Yeah, I'd be all over that one.

And me. I wonder whether he's anchored to London like Eze though. Lots of young people from London genuinely think that it's a wilderness out there beyond the orbital.

Offline Villatillidie25

« Reply #7786 on: September 24, 2020, 08:38:33 AM »
Not sure it’s nothing to see. Losing Jota and Doherty is a blow for them, yes. But they’d already got podence and neto in last season, both who look decent.
They’ve then gone and bought one of the most highly rated youngsters in Europe in silva and Barcelona’s right back. Irrespective of whether they think he’s surplus to requirements, he played 30-40 games last year for one of the biggest clubs on the planet.
Now I don’t think we’re q there yet and they have the Mendes factor but they are definitely statement signings.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #7787 on: September 24, 2020, 08:40:56 AM »
I'd be very happy with Loftus-Cheek, not so much Barkley, I've never rated him. He has talent, but his decision making is woeful.

Agree on both counts, Barkley never lived up to the early hype.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #7788 on: September 24, 2020, 08:41:39 AM »
If Spurs really are willing to release Ryan Sessignon surely he’d be well worth a season loan with option to buy. Covers left back or left midfield. Scores goals too.

Definitely, but will they loan him or insist on a ridiculous fee?

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #7789 on: September 24, 2020, 08:45:40 AM »

Definitely, but will they loan him or insist on a ridiculous fee?

Probably, given what they've shelled out for Bale.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #7790 on: September 24, 2020, 08:48:20 AM »
Don't want loans where we just help Chelsea and pay for the privilege to do so. Fail to see what we gain from it.
Survival in the premier league?  A good season where we have been seen to kick on and can attract even better players next season?  A team better equipped for a good cup run?  A chance for Luiz and McGinn to develop alongside an equally quality player?  More squad depth at minimal costs?  A higher placed PL finish with more prize money?

Other than this I can't think of much either.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #7791 on: September 24, 2020, 08:53:32 AM »
I know this is not the place for it but I cannot help seeing in that withering riposte the way one has been forced to resist Brexit.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #7792 on: September 24, 2020, 08:54:01 AM »
Not sure it’s nothing to see. Losing Jota and Doherty is a blow for them, yes. But they’d already got podence and neto in last season, both who look decent.
They’ve then gone and bought one of the most highly rated youngsters in Europe in silva and Barcelona’s right back. Irrespective of whether they think he’s surplus to requirements, he played 30-40 games last year for one of the biggest clubs on the planet.
Now I don’t think we’re q there yet and they have the Mendes factor but they are definitely statement signings.

But why then are one of the biggest clubs on the planet getting shot of him and replacing him with a promising kid that has had one season of top flight football?

Teams like Barcelona don't generally give up players they rate, they don't get their arms twisted by the likes of Wulvz. The deal suits them and suits Mendes, and may well suit Wulvz, but the priorities are in that order.

And the boy wonder may well be that, but 18 is very young to adapt to another culture and style of play. Good luck to him, if it doesn't work out for him he could make a career as a Harpo Marx-a-like.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #7793 on: September 24, 2020, 08:56:07 AM »
Don't want loans where we just help Chelsea and pay for the privilege to do so. Fail to see what we gain from it.
Survival in the premier league?  A good season where we have been seen to kick on and can attract even better players next season?  A team better equipped for a good cup run?  A chance for Luiz and McGinn to develop alongside an equally quality player?  More squad depth at minimal costs?  A higher placed PL finish with more prize money?

“All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health..........."

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #7794 on: September 24, 2020, 08:56:45 AM »

And, Chris? What have the Romans ever done for us???  ;D  Well put!

Ideally, we'd buy L-Cheek and also get a deal on Sessegnon. The latter would sort out LB and give us another winger-option.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #7795 on: September 24, 2020, 08:58:54 AM »
I'd be very happy with Loftus-Cheek, not so much Barkley, I've never rated him. He has talent, but his decision making is woeful.

I'd prefer Loftus-Cheek, but would be happy with Barkley as well.  Both are much better than McGinn and Hourihane.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #7796 on: September 24, 2020, 09:03:41 AM »

I'd prefer Loftus-Cheek, but would be happy with Barkley as well.  Both are much better than McGinn and Hourihane.

The latter yes, the former no. McGinn may be struggling for a bit of form but it will come.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #7797 on: September 24, 2020, 09:06:36 AM »

Anyone remember the heady days when we thought John McGinn was a £50 million footballer?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #7798 on: September 24, 2020, 09:07:14 AM »
McGinn at his best isn't as good as Barkley.  Let's be realistic, he's only shown it in the Championship.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #7799 on: September 24, 2020, 09:08:16 AM »
my worry with Loftus-cheek is he basically missed a year with injury so how long will it take for him to get back to speed? I can't see them letting him go yet so would we just be getting him fit for them? Barkley at 26 is up and running now, and if he cuts the mustard I reckon a deal could be done next summer rather than having the problem of again looking for a replacement.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal