collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 875535 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #5970 on: September 09, 2020, 02:03:50 PM »
Never trust Greg Evans. Albion fan and gets more wrong than right about Villa. Awful "jounalist".

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #5971 on: September 09, 2020, 02:05:48 PM »

Good stuff that is, especially about Cantwell as I can now indulge the primal urge I have to dislike him for being a poncey little twat.

Halfway through TCR by Sleaford Mods there's a line 'pointy little tit' that's delivered in precisely the way I hear you saying that...

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #5972 on: September 09, 2020, 02:06:26 PM »
Interestingly he said when he joined Arsenal Martinez couldn't jump very well and was a calamity for the Argentina youth side, giving away almost a goal a game, and that Martinez and Arsenal have worked wonders to turn him into the keeper he has become.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #5973 on: September 09, 2020, 02:08:39 PM »
I agree that a blend of youth and experience is ideal but either way, the player has to have good ability first and foremost. Drinkwater offered experience and look how that turned out. Milner would be great but he's probably still wanted by Liverpool and his wages probably make it unfeasible right now. I wonder whether someone like Snodgrass could be re-purposed to an inside right position.

I was dead against Drinkwater. Hadn't played in years, barely played for Burnley in first half of the season (and they were only just above us after we beat them in January) and real problems off the pitch so exactly the wrong sort of profile, amazed DS went for him tbh although guess that's the desperation of January window.

We must've offered to pay much more % of wages than Burnley given how quickly Chelsea recalled him from his loan there.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #5974 on: September 09, 2020, 02:10:24 PM »
Thanks for the transfer whispers Holy Trinity. Poor Vinnie took a couple of sceptical posts on his claims to heart but I appreciate any "insider" info however caveat'd. It makes this thread great again.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #5975 on: September 09, 2020, 02:12:19 PM »
Interestingly he said when he joined Arsenal Martinez couldn't jump very well and was a calamity for the Argentina youth side, giving away almost a goal a game, and that Martinez and Arsenal have worked wonders to turn him into the keeper he has become.

He's got an excellent command of the six yard box, frequently comes for crosses and claims them. Miles better than someone like Butland who's done an excellent Shay Given impression of being statue-esque on the goalline when a cross is swung in.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #5976 on: September 09, 2020, 02:13:12 PM »
Never trust Greg Evans. Albion fan and gets more wrong than right about Villa. Awful "jounalist".
I don't know about that.  The Athletic hold themselves to higher standards and between them have a big network.  He may not be a Villa fan, but maybe that allows him to be a bit more objective in his appraisals.  I don't subscribe so haven't read his artciles this year, but he speaks pretty well and I think he's probably the best Villa journalist out there at the moment.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #5977 on: September 09, 2020, 02:17:32 PM »
Hold on. Let's just see what happens
That post also read "my friend knew nothing of Watkins and Wilson "
What levels of ITK are we talking
Seemingly Jon Percy and Gregg Evans provide accurate & specific info.

Let's have some names shall we on this wing foward thats coming in.
We all know the GK

So samatta is off then you're saying ?
Well that gives further credence to the culling of Suso bought players.

I'll keep eyes on these moves comings and goings as some claims have now been made!

Don't do this, the guy is just passing on some info, he's not claiming to be some hotshot journalist.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #5978 on: September 09, 2020, 02:18:44 PM »

Good stuff that is, especially about Cantwell as I can now indulge the primal urge I have to dislike him for being a poncey little twat.

Halfway through TCR by Sleaford Mods there's a line 'pointy little tit' that's delivered in precisely the way I hear you saying that...

I haven't noticed and I love that track.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #5979 on: September 09, 2020, 02:19:33 PM »
Good post Soccer HQ regarding experience, we were crying out for some sensible heads last season.

Most of our team have at least 1 years worth of Premiership experience now, not sure its an issue to be honest.

Time will tell. Could make the same argument after 12/13 but likes of Bennett, Baker, Clark all just became alright championship players. Weimann was excellent in that season and that was the best it got for him.

I'd be amazed if any of Trez, Hause, Nakamba or Wesley ever were regulars for us when hopefully we're back to being a top half team again in near future. They all however played parts in us staying up and we should be thankful for that.

When I mean experience I mean players with the confidence and ability to tell others around them when to push up or sit back during a game, 1 nil up v Chelsea and us frightened to death of even going over the halfway line to try to score another goal. That was a major reason why we threw away so many leads against top half teams, lack of experience and belief at key moments.
In a decent side, Wesley will come good.

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #5980 on: September 09, 2020, 02:22:48 PM »
Thanks for the transfer whispers Holy Trinity. Poor Vinnie took a couple of sceptical posts on his claims to heart but I appreciate any "insider" info however caveat'd. It makes this thread great again.

Hes generally reliable. The only person who really put me off posting on here is footyskillz aka vill I an. He boils my p**s so I tend to not post much.
My friend is a coach who did work with the kids but now works with both the firat and youth teams.
As skills is advocating some press no nothings who copy and paste off thatcherlovers twitter feed.
My friend knew watkins was our number 1 target but knew nothing of the rapid events that happened yesterday and I have no name to give for a winger as we have several targets and it is our number 1 priority.

I dont mind taking flak when it goes wrong because he wouldn't tell me if he didn't believe it himself. Edited for redaction.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 02:33:00 PM by Holy Trinity »

Online simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #5981 on: September 09, 2020, 02:26:50 PM »
Has the hopes of getting Origi gone? Appreciate he's injured at the minute but if i was looking for a player to play through the centre, with Watkins playing a wider attacking role on the right and Jack on the left, I think that might get us a few goals ... 

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5982 on: September 09, 2020, 02:29:45 PM »
I’d be surprised if Watkins wasn’t earmarked for the central role. You don’t score 26 in a season and then move for £28m to play on the wing.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #5983 on: September 09, 2020, 02:30:38 PM »
Don't give too  much info about your contact Holy, it can't be that hard for someone to work it out who knows the personnel at the club.  Maybe edit the above down a bit?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #5984 on: September 09, 2020, 02:32:45 PM »
Just sounded a bit unfair to a player that's could be coming to villa that's all.

Could be coming to villa? Based on what, a few people on a forum saying he'd be a decent signing which you triggered?

On the attitude thing I've seen comments before about him saying he's a arrogant tit so it wouldn't surprise me if he thought he was too good for anyone outside the top 6.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal