collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 872097 times)

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
Clicked on an article about Villa wanting to sign a forward for 16M, that was keen on joining, only to be disappointed.

It was an article from July 2019 about Benrahma.

Offline mr underhill

i suspect they'll want double that now if they don't go up.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
I should imagine that due to the financial impact of Covid-19 we will have to sell to buy, even our owners have been hit by the financial crisis.

Therefore it will be interesting to see who we are prepared to sell (no one will want Lansbury or any of squad players), so we may have to sacrifice selling a Mings for example to get in Abraham or a top class forward?
Of course someone will want them: it's the price and their wages that will be the sticking issues.
Quite right.  We should know by now that we always find it difficult to get players we don't want off our books.  I doubt we'll be any getting any significant fees for the likes of Lansbury, Jota or Bree.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
I should imagine that due to the financial impact of Covid-19 we will have to sell to buy, even our owners have been hit by the financial crisis.

Therefore it will be interesting to see who we are prepared to sell (no one will want Lansbury or any of squad players), so we may have to sacrifice selling a Mings for example to get in Abraham or a top class forward?
Of course someone will want them: it's the price and their wages that will be the sticking issues.
Quite right.  We should know by now that we always find it difficult to get players we don't want off our books.  I doubt we'll be any getting any significant fees for the likes of Lansbury, Jota or Bree.

It's a bit concerning that Smith didn't rate any of our youth players better prospects than the first two last season. Are the likes of Ramsey nowhere near ready? To be honest I never saw anything in Bree, came with a biggish reputation but couldn't defend to save himself.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
I know we may let a junior player go and regret it afterwards but for me we hold on to young reserve players for far too long. If after two or the odd exception possibly three years in the reserves they can't break through they should be let go.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20

I'm sure there will be an impact - across all clubs. 

Whether that's in the form of lower transfer fees, less movement or clubs leaving the bulk of their business up until the the very last moment remains to be seen.

If, even after the season we've just endured, owners scupper recruitment before we get rid of Lansbury, Bree and co we'll rightfully be at the arse end of the table again next year.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
The young players need to be getting game time at 17/18 in League 1 and 2. By the time they're going on loan they've missed out on too much development.

Offline mamuu

• GM : 27.02.2022
if the club are replacing Suso then presumably he will come in with his own plans/ideas. Doubt much will happen before then.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024

The market and the economics are same for every club. It has been adjusted so we will not be in any adverse position than  any other Club.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
New bollocks/rumours: Jerome Roussillon - LB from Wolfsburg and the Brazilian striker Everton.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
New bollocks/rumours: Jerome Roussillon - LB from Wolfsburg and the Brazilian striker Everton.

That's the more like the kind of level we should be shopping at now.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Looking at  Germany for signings is a good idea, there's a lot of very good players in the price range we're talking about.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Looking at  Germany for signings is a good idea, there's a lot of very good players in the price range we're talking about.

And it's not far from Belgium.

Offline Rudy65

I don't understand the Fraser at Bournemouth situation, why would he not extend his contract for a couple of months? What does he gain from not doing it? I read that 3 Charlton players also refused (one of which sounded like he was their best player) and I just don't get the mentality of that decision.

I completely understand their stance.

What happens If under the short term contract they get seriously injured?

They have no loyalty to the club anymore than we do to our employers

Offline luke:lamf

It all seems a bit Football-Manager-simplistic, but the French and German leagues must abound with fairly cheap-and-cheerful, technically (and, more importantly, tactically) competent players, especially full-backs. Look how Pavard came through from nowhere to WC winner, Guilbert is clearly the best FB at the club, Kanté was a steal from Caen too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal