collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 11:01:38 PM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Rory
[Today at 10:58:33 PM]

Who should create the Atmosphere? by john e
[Today at 10:50:22 PM]

Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:39:14 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by AV84
[Today at 10:33:34 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:31:35 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:07:52 PM]

150 celebrations by curiousorange
[Today at 10:05:45 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 874582 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Summer transfer, gossip and speculation thread
« Reply #930 on: July 28, 2020, 09:17:33 PM »
Meh. Eze come, Eze go.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #931 on: July 28, 2020, 10:03:05 PM »
Joining a few of other people’s comments together; if Jack is likely to go in January (corona-crisis drying up other clubs’ cash) then it would make sense to buy the replacement now so 1) we are not paying a premium 2) gives the guy a chance to settle 3) weirdly he won’t seem like a replacement so less pressure.

No idea who that guy is or indeed if losing jack should equal a tactical switch.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #932 on: July 28, 2020, 10:10:57 PM »
Doubt he would go in January.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #933 on: July 28, 2020, 10:49:17 PM »
Was watching Inter-Napoli tonight and Alexis Sanchez actually had a really good game. I know people think he's semi retired now but he's started reguarly in Serie A and I reckon he's got one good season left in him and Man. United will obviously be loaning him out again next year so.....

More realistically some good players on the Napoli bench who might be available on loan.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #934 on: July 28, 2020, 11:41:28 PM »
Isn't Sanchez on insane in the membrane money ? ie £350k a week? I imagine Yanited would happily take a haircut on the transfer fee they paid just to get him off the books but there's no way we would be in for him.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #935 on: July 28, 2020, 11:41:44 PM »
Was watching Inter-Napoli tonight and Alexis Sanchez actually had a really good game. I know people think he's semi retired now but he's started reguarly in Serie A and I reckon he's got one good season left in him and Man. United will obviously be loaning him out again next year so.....

More realistically some good players on the Napoli bench who might be available on loan.

Sanchez is currently picking up £350k a week at Old Trafford.......

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021

Sanchez is currently picking up £350k a week at Old Trafford.......

We get Man. United to commit to paying 80% of his wages of course like any sensible club would.

We must be only club out there that get rinsed on loan deals, having to pay full wages of Jenas for full season even when he got injured in the November and went back to Spurs. Even a rumour we were paying most of Drinkwater's wages which I really hope isn't true as he was on about 70k a week at Chelsea.

Offline edgysatsuma89

I don't understand the Fraser at Bournemouth situation, why would he not extend his contract for a couple of months? What does he gain from not doing it? I read that 3 Charlton players also refused (one of which sounded like he was their best player) and I just don't get the mentality of that decision.

Offline stevo_st

• GM : 27.07.21
I don't understand the Fraser at Bournemouth situation, why would he not extend his contract for a couple of months? What does he gain from not doing it? I read that 3 Charlton players also refused (one of which sounded like he was their best player) and I just don't get the mentality of that decision.

The argument generally given is that they don’t want to risk getting injured and jeopardise a potential move.

No doubt agents are involved someway as well

Offline sid1964

I should imagine that due to the financial impact of Covid-19 we will have to sell to buy, even our owners have been hit by the financial crisis.

Therefore it will be interesting to see who we are prepared to sell (no one will want Lansbury or any of squad players), so we may have to sacrifice selling a Mings for example to get in Abraham or a top class forward?

Offline jwarry

2 days into the window and no signings, come on Villa sort it out 😁

Offline mr underhill

completely unpardonable Villa, sort it out.

Offline frank black

Snaps leg in second game, no income after 2 months. That’s the fear

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
I should imagine that due to the financial impact of Covid-19 we will have to sell to buy, even our owners have been hit by the financial crisis.

Therefore it will be interesting to see who we are prepared to sell (no one will want Lansbury or any of squad players), so we may have to sacrifice selling a Mings for example to get in Abraham or a top class forward?
Of course someone will want them: it's the price and their wages that will be the sticking issues.

Offline mr underhill

Bree did reasonably well at Luton, so I can see us getting a small fee for him, but players like Ange and Hogan are the real issue - maybe have to pay off their last year to see the back of them?. Hogan looked like he was playing himself into a move and then reverted to type on resumption just to spite us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal