collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:30:57 PM]

Re: Aston Villa Leisure Centre by Pete3206
[Today at 01:30:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Training Ground Bust Up  (Read 9481 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Training Ground Bust Up
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2020, 11:50:42 PM »
First in a series of players we should have signed instead of Drinky.

An Egyptian bidding to become the oldest professional footballer ever scored on his debut - at the age of 75.

Ezzeldin Bahader needs to play two full games to qualify as an entry in the Guinness World Records book.

He started in impressive fashion, playing a full 90 minutes despite injury on Saturday for the October 6 team in the third tier of Egyptian football.

The father of four and grandfather of six scored from the penalty spot, whereupon he was mobbed by team-mates, as October 6 drew 1-1 with rivals Genius.

"I became the oldest professional footballer scoring a goal in an official game," he said afterwards.

"This is something that was achieved in the last minute of the game that I thought I wouldn't achieve. I was injured and all what I hoped for was to continue for the full 90 minutes and play the next game."

After the match, the youthful-looking Bahader posed for pictures with members of the opposition.

He must now play another full 90 minutes in a second game, which is due to take place on 21 March, to be officially recognised as the world's oldest footballer by Guinness World Records.

The existing record is claimed by Israel's Isaak Hayik, who was 73 years and 95 days old when he played in goal last year for lower-tier Israeli side Ironi Or Yehuda.

The forward, who has recently been battling a knee injury, used to play amateur football while he conducted his career as a civil engineering consultant and then a land cultivation expert.

In January, the Egyptian FA announced the registration of a septuagenarian player who had never previously appeared in professional football.

Having first started playing football in the streets of the Egyptian capital Cairo as a six-year-old, it was only seven decades later that he started to write to teams in the unlikely dream of joining a club.

Cairo-based October 6 were the club that took him, with an eye on getting their place in the record books.

"It is very good for Egypt to have someone in the Guinness Book of Records and for us to have him in the October 6 club," said club coach Ahmed Abdel Ghany.

"Honestly, we won't benefit from him 100% on the technical side but we rehabilitated him in the previous period so that he would be able to play the required 90 or 180 minutes (to qualify for the Guinness World Records book)."

Bahader has recently been training both with the club and at home with a personal trainer in a bid to make his mark.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2020, 07:32:42 AM »
get him in the shirt now

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2020, 08:32:59 AM »
Looking on the Brightside :-

1. He's not eligible to play against his parent club on Saturday
2. Chelsea could take him home on the team coach and save us a bit of petrol

Chelsea probably insisted he did play against them as part of the loan deal.

The fucking waste of space prick.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2020, 08:46:22 AM »
How the useless twat ever came to wear a Villa shirt will be buried with the countless other monumental cock ups deep underground in B6.  We shall never be allowed to see the file marked "Drinkwater  How it happened" next to the big fat file "Tony Xia  Why did nobody notice somenody wearing Freeman Hardy and Willis trainers had no money?"
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 08:48:17 AM by brian green »

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2020, 08:56:19 AM »
I loved the ATM style bank balance thing he did - plus 500m or something. Priceless!

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2020, 09:20:15 AM »
Only the Villa Mr U.  Only the Villa.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2020, 09:34:25 AM »
Footballers in training ground dust up shock,horror. Que faux outrage on fans forum.

Yeah, I was messing around in the garden today with the lads, Jonesy was a bit late sliding in on Brownsy, so Brownsy got up, stuck the nut on Jonesy, smashed his nose into 20 pieces, blood everywhere, but it was all good harmless bantz and at the end of the day we all kicked each other in the bollocks, called everybody a slag, and went for a good old old jolly boys afternoon out in the facking pab!  Bish bash bosh, sorted as soon you could say Drinky is a fackin' twat.

Sounds like the sort of thing you'd expect from Boris and his Uni chums.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2020, 10:42:39 AM »
All this has got me thinking. Who has been our biggest waste of space signing over the last few years. I'm going for (in no particular order)
Drinkwater, Grant Holt, N'zogbia, McCormack.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2020, 10:56:37 AM »
none of them out Ireland Ireland.

Offline FranzBiberkopf

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2020, 11:07:46 AM »
[none of them out Ireland Ireland.]

Replacing Milliner with Ireland was when I knew the game was well and truly up.

McCormack pushes it.close though.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2020, 12:26:25 PM »

Villa player of the year under McLeish 😄

McCormack for me was the worst .

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2020, 12:32:00 PM »

Villa player of the year under McLeish 😄

McCormack for me was the worst .
Ireland was often our only decent player

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2020, 12:37:27 PM »
Ireland personified everything I hate about modern footballers. I never trust a man who runs a pink Range rover.

Offline supertom

« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2020, 12:56:08 PM »
First in a series of players we should have signed instead of Drinky.

An Egyptian bidding to become the oldest professional footballer ever scored on his debut - at the age of 75.

Ezzeldin Bahader needs to play two full games to qualify as an entry in the Guinness World Records book.

He started in impressive fashion, playing a full 90 minutes despite injury on Saturday for the October 6 team in the third tier of Egyptian football.

The father of four and grandfather of six scored from the penalty spot, whereupon he was mobbed by team-mates, as October 6 drew 1-1 with rivals Genius.

"I became the oldest professional footballer scoring a goal in an official game," he said afterwards.

"This is something that was achieved in the last minute of the game that I thought I wouldn't achieve. I was injured and all what I hoped for was to continue for the full 90 minutes and play the next game."

After the match, the youthful-looking Bahader posed for pictures with members of the opposition.

He must now play another full 90 minutes in a second game, which is due to take place on 21 March, to be officially recognised as the world's oldest footballer by Guinness World Records.

The existing record is claimed by Israel's Isaak Hayik, who was 73 years and 95 days old when he played in goal last year for lower-tier Israeli side Ironi Or Yehuda.

The forward, who has recently been battling a knee injury, used to play amateur football while he conducted his career as a civil engineering consultant and then a land cultivation expert.

In January, the Egyptian FA announced the registration of a septuagenarian player who had never previously appeared in professional football.

Having first started playing football in the streets of the Egyptian capital Cairo as a six-year-old, it was only seven decades later that he started to write to teams in the unlikely dream of joining a club.

Cairo-based October 6 were the club that took him, with an eye on getting their place in the record books.

"It is very good for Egypt to have someone in the Guinness Book of Records and for us to have him in the October 6 club," said club coach Ahmed Abdel Ghany.

"Honestly, we won't benefit from him 100% on the technical side but we rehabilitated him in the previous period so that he would be able to play the required 90 or 180 minutes (to qualify for the Guinness World Records book)."

Bahader has recently been training both with the club and at home with a personal trainer in a bid to make his mark.

Sign him up. He'd be quicker than most of our squad. We desperately need more pace in the side.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2020, 01:57:36 PM »
All this has got me thinking. Who has been our biggest waste of space signing over the last few years. I'm going for (in no particular order)
Drinkwater, Grant Holt, N'zogbia, McCormack.
Charles Nz did my head in: TSM's vanity purchase.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal