collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 746651 times)

Online Demitri_C

Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #5940 on: October 06, 2021, 09:29:20 PM »
Jürgen Klopp launched an attack on people who refuse coronavirus vaccinations by comparing them to drink-drivers and saying they are to blame if others catch Covid from them.

The Liverpool manager accused the anti-vaccination movement of ignoring the experts and endangering others while making disingenuous claims about a loss of freedom to justify their stance.

Comparing them to drink drivers is absolutely ridiculous.  What a imbecile klopp is.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #5941 on: October 06, 2021, 09:44:00 PM »
Jürgen Klopp launched an attack on people who refuse coronavirus vaccinations by comparing them to drink-drivers and saying they are to blame if others catch Covid from them.

The Liverpool manager accused the anti-vaccination movement of ignoring the experts and endangering others while making disingenuous claims about a loss of freedom to justify their stance.

Comparing them to drink drivers is absolutely ridiculous.  What a imbecile klopp is.

What's different in principle?

Anti-vaxxers do something for selfish reasons that puts others at greater risk. Just like drink drivers.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #5942 on: October 06, 2021, 09:52:11 PM »
It has to be your own choice and it should be respected.

It absolutely should NOT be respected if gullible idiots are putting the vulnerable at risk and delaying greater freedoms for others by their own selfish behaviour.

There is no excuse for those that can have the jab choosing not to do so. They're selfish wankers.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #5943 on: October 06, 2021, 10:43:07 PM »
It has to be your own choice and it should be respected.

It absolutely should NOT be respected if gullible idiots are putting the vulnerable at risk and delaying greater freedoms for others by their own selfish behaviour.

There is no excuse for those that can have the jab choosing not to do so. They're selfish wankers.

I totally agree.

"It's my choice to put your life at risk".

What bullshit.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #5944 on: October 06, 2021, 10:47:21 PM »
I'd also be impressed if West Brom made a stand and said they wouldn't be picking Robinson until he was vaccinated, and would like to see other clubs do the same with their arsehole players.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #5945 on: October 06, 2021, 11:06:46 PM »
If you’ve had the vaccine isn’t that your way of protect yourself?

There’s a huge proportion of people who will not have the vaccine because of their religious beliefs. That again has to be their choice. I’m not religious in any way and do not understand it and can’t think of any reason to have such faith in a higher being. But I can’t and won’t criticise those that choose to.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #5946 on: October 06, 2021, 11:14:00 PM »
Lots of people can't get a vaccine because of health reasons. It is them who are put at risk by the selfish twats. The idea of it being "their choice" is nonsense. They are inflicting their choice on the most vulnerable members of society who have a genuine reason for not having the jab.

As for using religion, I can guarantee that it doesn't say "do not have a Coronavirus vaccine" in the Bible, Torah, Quran or other holy books.

Even if they did, though, no excuse. Any more than it would be if someone discrimated against women or gay people because they stupidly believe that some thousand(s) year old book told them to. Total bollocks.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 11:15:36 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #5947 on: October 07, 2021, 12:26:42 AM »

There’s a huge proportion of people who will not have the vaccine because of their religious beliefs. That again has to be their choice. I’m not religious in any way and do not understand it and can’t think of any reason to have such faith in a higher being. But I can’t and won’t criticise those that choose to.

You're fundamentally missing the point of vaccines. As well as cdbw's point about those who can't have vaccines for medical reasons, vaccines aren't 100% effective so having one doesn't make you bulletproof.

Instead, it's a numbers game and the more people who have the vaccine the lower everyone's chance of catching covid is.

No matter how you try to argue it, choosing not to have the vaccine is a selfish choice which endangers others. It's unarguable and unforgivable.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #5948 on: October 07, 2021, 06:28:21 AM »

Anti-vaxxers do something for selfish reasons that puts others at greater risk. Just like drink drivers.

I dont agree. Drink driving is reckless irresponsible and dangerous. You could kill multiple  people. A non vaccinated person who be someone who works from home, doesnt interact with many, takes a LFT before they see people. That is not the same for me at all.

If the vaccine 100% stopped passing on the virus then i woukd say yes its massively reckless but it doesnt just protects you from getting seriously ill from covid

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #5949 on: October 07, 2021, 07:00:20 AM »

You're fundamentally missing the point of vaccines. As well as cdbw's point about those who can't have vaccines for medical reasons, vaccines aren't 100% effective so having one doesn't make you bulletproof.

Instead, it's a numbers game and the more people who have the vaccine the lower everyone's chance of catching covid is.

No matter how you try to argue it, choosing not to have the vaccine is a selfish choice which endangers others. It's unarguable and unforgivable.

I’m just trying to see it from the point of view from others and their reasons for not having it. As I’ve said it’s spread so far through so many people I know who we’re vaccinated. It didn’t stop the spread but it certainly stopped everyone becoming too ill.

Maybe we should as a nation, concentrate on the roll out of our vaccines to the third world countries and hep vaccinate everyone who wants and needs it throughout the world. As I agree, the more who have it the better. Even though we will never vaccinate everyone for some reason or another.

Offline Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
« Reply #5950 on: October 07, 2021, 07:14:16 AM »

I dont agree. Drink driving is reckless irresponsible and dangerous. You could kill multiple  people. A non vaccinated person who be someone who works from home, doesnt interact with many, takes a LFT before they see people. That is not the same for me at all.

If the vaccine 100% stopped passing on the virus then i woukd say yes its massively reckless but it doesnt just protects you from getting seriously ill from covid

This is very poor logic - you must see it, surely?

You say “if the vaccine 100% stopped passing on the virus then I would say yes it’s massively reckless”.

The vaccine is very effective at stopping transmission - people are 3 times less likely to catch it after being double vaccinated:
 https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.imperial.ac.uk/news/227713/coronavirus-infections-three-times-lower-double/amp/

(And of those who catch it, they are less likely to have serious symptoms and therefore less likely to spread it).

How can you argue that not being vaccinated if it stopped transmission by 100% is massively reckless, but choosing not to be vaccinated to stop transmission by about 70% is of no benefit (you said it “just stops you getting seriously ill”?

This is not rocket science, the evidence is in the public domain if you want to check, the entire medical profession worldwide has pretty much a single view here, and yet you are perfectly happy coming on to forums and spouting opinionated nonsense that endangers lives?

Offline wince

« Reply #5951 on: October 07, 2021, 07:56:20 AM »
Thing is folk love their choices until they backfire and it blows up in their face. There is s trend to be all conspiracies about vaccines and those folks are first in line at the docs when they have s sniffle (usually demanding anti biotics). Their choice but it also endangers the no choice as it’s cool to fear the man or worry about mind control. All the while posting shit off an iPhone that is more intrusive than a vaccine or test and trace. The whataboutery regarding those who choose not to comparing them selves to the can’t is plain wrong

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #5952 on: October 07, 2021, 08:54:16 AM »

You say “if the vaccine 100% stopped passing on the virus then I would say yes it’s massively reckless”.

The vaccine is very effective at stopping transmission - people are 3 times less likely to catch it after being double vaccinated:
 https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.imperial.ac.uk/news/227713/coronavirus-infections-three-times-lower-double/amp/

(And of those who catch it, they are less likely to have serious symptoms and therefore less likely to spread it).

How can you argue that not being vaccinated if it stopped transmission by 100% is massively reckless, but choosing not to be vaccinated to stop transmission by about 70% is of no benefit (you said it “just stops you getting seriously ill”?

This is not rocket science, the evidence is in the public domain if you want to check, the entire medical profession worldwide has pretty much a single view here, and yet you are perfectly happy coming on to forums and spouting opinionated nonsense that endangers lives?

Aye.

It's very simple, Demetri.

Whose rights are more important...

(i) vulnerable people who are unable to have the vaccine

or

(ii) idiots who believe nonsense that they read on Facebook and refuse to have the vaccine?

It should never be a "choice" for someone to increase the chances of someone else dying. That's why we have legislation to prevent drink driving and smoking in public.

Of course, not so high a percentage will die as would happen if everybody started drink driving. Nevertheless, if there is even one avoidable death which is caused by someone who refuses to have a vaccine, that's one too many, yeah?

No idea why you keep whiteknighting these arseholes. Selfishness is the most contemptible of human traits and there is no greater act of selfishness than feeling that your "freedom" is worth more than somebody else's life.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #5953 on: October 07, 2021, 09:40:01 AM »

I dont agree how is that a poor logic?

Comparing them to drink drivers is more poorer in my view. Its not the same at all.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #5954 on: October 07, 2021, 09:41:06 AM »

Aye.

It's very simple, Demetri.

Whose rights are more important...

(i) vulnerable people who are unable to have the vaccine

or

(ii) idiots who believe nonsense that they read on Facebook and refuse to have the vaccine?

It should never be a "choice" for someone to increase the chances of someone else dying. That's why we have legislation to prevent drink driving and smoking in public.

Of course, not so high a percentage will die as would happen if everybody started drink driving. Nevertheless, if there is even one avoidable death which is caused by someone who refuses to have a vaccine, that's one too many, yeah?

No idea why you keep whiteknighting these arseholes. Selfishness is the most contemptible of human traits and there is no greater act of selfishness than feeling that your "freedom" is worth more than somebody else's life.

Im not agrguing your points im arguing that comparing them to drink driving is ridiculous

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal