collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 755690 times)

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
Re: How much will the Corona Virus disrupt Aston Villa season ?
« Reply #180 on: March 12, 2020, 10:43:19 AM »
Woman on SKY just said that she “understands that they deep cleaned Nadine Dorries’s corridor”.

Yikes

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #181 on: March 12, 2020, 10:46:46 AM »
Juve have been playing behind closed doors, yet one of their players contracted it. Utterly nonsensical. Suspension is the only sensible option.

Suspension would lead to cancellation and would see us relegated. Behind closed doors is the best of all the bad possible options.

Could see us relegated.  Another option is to just void the season - Or as someone else suggested, combine it with next season to make a 76 game season.

Behind closed doors won't stop people going to the grounds as PSG demonstrated last night.

I don't think people would turn up to stand outside empty grounds here. Just doesn't seem like the sort of thing people will do.

They can't go for a 76 game season as would mess up next season's European competitions. And in any case, if playing 38 games this season has the likes of Klopp and Guardiola moaning their head off, how do you think they would cope with 48 next term? That's never going to happen.

They aren't going to void the season three-quarters of the way through. They won't inconvenience Liverpool to benefit Aston Villa and Norwich. That would annoy millions of glory-hunting twats customers all over the world.

Behind closed doors or season finishing as it is are the only options.

I prefer the first option that gives us a chance of avoiding relegation.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 10:52:49 AM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #182 on: March 12, 2020, 10:48:10 AM »
People might turn up at the first game but the novelty would soon wear off.  Blues have already enforced this months ago.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #183 on: March 12, 2020, 10:52:40 AM »
And still you get some going on about the flu while we're seeing stuff that's pretty much unprecedented to most of us. Major countries on shut down, travel restrictions, seasons being suspended, games behind closed doors and so on.

Are they hiding then potential impacts of it?  I’ve never known anything like it in my lifetime?!

It's been said testing  between 1,000 and 2,000 people a day in the UK is delaying things when other countries have capabilities to test 10,000 .
Though now the NHS has confirmed they will increase Coronavirus testing to 10,000 a day to get a handle on things.
In UK they take too long to get things done! So I'm so pleased step up in action has been taken

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #184 on: March 12, 2020, 10:52:52 AM »
They couldn’t finish the season by relegating a club that had played less games than the others which was 2 points behind. I don’t know what will happen but I’m 100% certain that won’t be it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #185 on: March 12, 2020, 10:54:18 AM »
They could base it on average points. In which case we would still go down. Another alternative is just cancel relegation this season and have 23 clubs in the Premier League next year. Maybe have a Scottish-style "split" at some point to keep the matches down.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #186 on: March 12, 2020, 10:55:52 AM »
You couldn't void the season and relegate anybody. The league could not afford the litigation, to which they would not be insured, for loss of chance and the league's members would have to vote for it.

If they suspend the league, then it ought to be for a month, then review and roll over depending on the present situation of what the spread of the virus is.

If that means we kick future seasons down the track, so be it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #187 on: March 12, 2020, 10:59:07 AM »
It would probably be easier if they just announced now that all the Euros qualifiers are delayed until a later date and the finals are postponed until next Summer. Would give teams a bit more leeway to play postponed games if the situation improves in the meantime. I can't see this getting better by June, though.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #188 on: March 12, 2020, 10:59:18 AM »
Juve have been playing behind closed doors, yet one of their players contracted it. Utterly nonsensical. Suspension is the only sensible option.

Suspension would lead to cancellation and would see us relegated. Behind closed doors is the best of all the bad possible options.

Could see us relegated.  Another option is to just void the season - Or as someone else suggested, combine it with next season to make a 76 game season.

Behind closed doors won't stop people going to the grounds as PSG demonstrated last night.

I don't think people would turn up to stand outside empty grounds here. Just doesn't seem like the sort of thing people will do.

They can't go for a 76 game season as would mess up next season's European competitions. And in any case, if playing 38 games this season has the likes of Klopp and Guardiola moaning their head off, how do you think they would cope with 48 next term? That's never going to happen.

They aren't going to void the season three-quarters of the way through. They won't inconvenience Liverpool to benefit Aston Villa and Norwich. That would annoy millions of glory-hunting twats customers all over the world.

Behind closed doors or season finishing as it is are the only options.

I prefer the first option that gives us a chance of avoiding relegation.

We can enter who we like for Europe so as it stands currently could determine European spots - We aren't the only country that is being affected - UEFA would support any sensible suggestions.

It could even be just 38 games, with what has been played this season added on.  That said, Klopp etc would have to accept the exceptional circumstances.  The League cup could be suspended for one season.  There are loads of different options.

Some would win, some would lose by the emergency measures but as others have said, there are more important things than football.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #189 on: March 12, 2020, 11:02:17 AM »
In our situation playing behind closed doors would definitely see us down. I can see lots of potential litigation ahead .

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #190 on: March 12, 2020, 11:04:05 AM »
It’s supposed to be a sport, a spectator sport. Without the fans attending what’s the point. Just suspend it.

I get your frustrations and if you mean spectator as in attendance then yes that is annoying .
However football wise could be some merits to no crowd . So as much as the support and backing players get there can be some who much prefer the training ground time and though eerry atmosphere players who don't thrive or at least get affected in front of a crowd may play better.

There's an argument that players can be more focused though most professional players are use to the crowd noise but those who aren't so affiliated to villa or the non UK players then going out to play football with or without strangers watching them is no big deal.
One thing it can separate is the real players who can step up and adapt .who can self motivate
It's a test psychologically as much as it is playing in front of an audience.
I think certainly some players s thrive more off a crowd or get affected by them in negative way.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 11:07:25 AM by Vill I An »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #191 on: March 12, 2020, 11:04:45 AM »
I don't see why we would be any more or less likely to go down if it was behind closed doors. Being realistic, clubs are going to get players displaying symptoms who have to self-isolate. The teams that go down will probably be the ones that are worst affected. And Norwich.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #192 on: March 12, 2020, 11:05:50 AM »
UEFA are nuts, they still think euros are going to be fine in June. Think that's what is messing things up with leagues still think they have to get all fixtures done by end of May by any means possible.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #193 on: March 12, 2020, 11:15:42 AM »
I can see things being awry until the next World Cup. Given that it's in the winter of 2022, perhaps we'll see a complete reshuffle and season ending Autumn 2022....

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #194 on: March 12, 2020, 11:20:27 AM »
There is not a chance this season will run it's course.
Crowd or no crowd.

It is only a game.

Don't relegate us though!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal