collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 754987 times)

Offline walsall villain

Re: How much will the Corona Virus disrupt Aston Villa season ?
« Reply #165 on: March 12, 2020, 07:33:47 AM »
I can’t see this season being completed. If it spreads as predicted then squads will be affected too.

Offline frank black

« Reply #166 on: March 12, 2020, 07:48:14 AM »
PSG fans have effectively turned the closed doors scenario into a nonsense. I can see some fans turning up outside grounds which will forces the authorities to postpone the season.

Offline curlytailavfc

• www.friendsofakitas.co.uk
  • GM : 26.02.2019
« Reply #167 on: March 12, 2020, 07:56:14 AM »
Saw article that Tom Hanks has the virius

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #168 on: March 12, 2020, 07:59:08 AM »
i would not be surprised if there was an announcement today, that will mean games played behind closed doors this weekend.

I heard on the radio that the PSG fans turned up in there thousands last night and stood outside their ground, whilst the game was going on.

For me there is more to this virus than we are being told - my mother thinks that Chinese have dug something up from the ground that has started all this (bless her heart!)

Bless her, mate!

That sounds like something from an old B-movie, like the Blob.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #169 on: March 12, 2020, 08:06:23 AM »
I've got a season ticket, a trip to Marrakech booked as well as a trip to two Euros games (Spain/Poland and a QF in Munich), as well as Glastonbury inbetween. I imagine tickets are refunded but the rest of it - flights and accomodation etc. will be lost.

However, if it saves one life it's the right thing to do. Much bigger than football.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #170 on: March 12, 2020, 08:37:18 AM »
i would not be surprised if there was an announcement today, that will mean games played behind closed doors this weekend.

I heard on the radio that the PSG fans turned up in there thousands last night and stood outside their ground, whilst the game was going on.

For me there is more to this virus than we are being told - my mother thinks that Chinese have dug something up from the ground that has started all this (bless her heart!)

I'm expecting an announcement today.  I'm hoping that they allow fans there on Saturday but I'm not holding my breath.  I've got tickets for Liverpool and Newcastle as well so I'm expecting refunds on those.  I'll take the season ticket money on the chin provided I can watch the home AND away games on VTV.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #171 on: March 12, 2020, 09:30:43 AM »
I've got a season ticket, a trip to Marrakech booked as well as a trip to two Euros games (Spain/Poland and a QF in Munich), as well as Glastonbury inbetween. I imagine tickets are refunded but the rest of it - flights and accomodation etc. will be lost.

However, if it saves one life it's the right thing to do. Much bigger than football.

Well said. It's a monetary inconvenience, of course, but one has to look at the bigger picture.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2020, 09:37:20 AM »
Merge this season and next. 76 game season to ensure that those who've done well retain their advantages and vice versa. Job done.

That's the fairest idea I've heard.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2020, 09:45:03 AM »
A decision to make all games in the PL behind closed doors is imminent apparently.

The current season will not be postponed and instead matches in the Premier League and lower divisions will be moved behind closed doors

● All Premier League season-ticket holders and ticket holders for individual games will be able to stream coverage of matches into their homes

● No games will be shown in pubs so as to avoid congregation of people

● Season-ticket holders and ticket holders for individual games at Football League clubs will be allowed to watch matches on iFollow streams

● Premier League games will not be shown live in the 3pm slot on Saturday afternoons

● Broadcasters will be permitted to screen more than one Premier League game during both the lunchtime and tea-time television slots on Saturday, and the scheduled slots on Sundays and Mondays

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2020, 09:48:47 AM »
How much will Corona virus disrupt villa season ?
Very much.

"Broadcasters will be permitted to screen more than one Premier League game during both the lunchtime and tea-time television slots on Saturday, and the scheduled slots on Sundays and Mondays"

So sounds like possibly some of Villa fixtures will be rescheduled by kick off times. And the days they are to be played.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2020, 09:54:54 AM »
What would happen if one team has 4-5 first team players infected with the virus, will there games be postponed and played at a later date?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2020, 09:57:58 AM »
Juve have been playing behind closed doors, yet one of their players contracted it. Utterly nonsensical. Suspension is the only sensible option.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2020, 10:03:41 AM »
For me there is more to this virus than we are being told

It’s obviously very serious for those with respiratory weaknesses, I’ve read that 1 in 20 may need hospitalisation. Im thinking that the threat is more of overwhelming countries health systems meaning they can’t cope.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2020, 10:20:05 AM »
Juve have been playing behind closed doors, yet one of their players contracted it. Utterly nonsensical. Suspension is the only sensible option.

Suspension would lead to cancellation and would see us relegated. Behind closed doors is the best of all the bad possible options.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2020, 10:38:55 AM »

Suspension would lead to cancellation and would see us relegated. Behind closed doors is the best of all the bad possible options.

Could see us relegated.  Another option is to just void the season - Or as someone else suggested, combine it with next season to make a 76 game season.

Behind closed doors won't stop people going to the grounds as PSG demonstrated last night.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal