collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City, a referee and two linesmen Post Match Thread  (Read 44786 times)

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Man City, a referee and two linesmen Post Match Thread
« Reply #345 on: March 03, 2020, 04:34:23 PM »
I didn't see one instance of poor behaviour and am therefore both shocked and appalled to hear that some Villa fans were involved in racist and aggressive behaviour.

I just hope that young Villa fan didn't have his day tarnished by these morons. They may be a small minority, and every club has idiots who can't hold their beer, but they have no place in the Villa family that I saw the best of this Sunday.

There were some absolute buffoons on Wembley way and that video of those cretins having a punch up inside the ground was embarrassing. A pathetic sight.

Thankfully, the vast majority of the support was outstanding.

Surely these buffoons can be identified at this stage and banned from the club?

Are the club actively barring supporters does anyone know, given this crap appears to be nearly a weekly occurance particularly on away days.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #346 on: March 03, 2020, 05:41:03 PM »
Just for a bit of balance here, I had a great day and didn't see any over the top behaviour, racism or fighting.  I know there's was isolated pockets of idiots and I've no doubt lots of smashed people around the Green Man, but my encounters were generally positive outside the ground and in.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #347 on: March 03, 2020, 05:52:34 PM »
Just for a bit of balance here, I had a great day and didn't see any over the top behaviour, racism or fighting.  I know there's was isolated pockets of idiots and I've no doubt lots of smashed people around the Green Man, but my encounters were generally positive outside the ground and in.

I think that's worth bearing in mind. In 33,000 people, many of whom aren't used to the situation they're in, there will always be a couple of isolated idiots but I don't honestly think any other club would be significantly better. 

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #348 on: March 03, 2020, 05:55:11 PM »
The only things I saw and heard were the bloke 2 seats along puking after 5 minutes, disappearing never to return and a few blokes a few rows back having an argument about tactics which soon calmed down. Other than that, fantastic time in Boxpark and all in all a good day and most Villa fans in good spirits despite the result.

Offline steamer

« Reply #349 on: March 03, 2020, 06:51:26 PM »
Go with Woodhall on this
I was not there, but I guess if you were to go into any major city centre on a Friday or Saturday night there would be a load of twats either legless or doped up being idiots but they would probably be in a minority of people out for the night.
Not excusing Moronic or twatish behaviour and it seems from posts on other threads that Drugs are an issue. But lets not beat ourselves  up we are probably no worse and maybe better than other sets of fans.
I was guilty many times  of being pissed at games as I am sure many others were too.
The only Angels are in Heaven
Onwards and upwards

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #350 on: March 03, 2020, 06:52:01 PM »
we went to the Green Man for a bit

loads of pissed up lads kicking balls around and falling over in the sloppy mud whilst the crowd jeered and sang songs

I asked my 12 year old on the way back what was his favourite bit of the day he said ‘Green Man’

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #351 on: March 03, 2020, 07:22:53 PM »

Same here. On the train down, in Kilburn pre game and during and after the match didn’t see or hear anything untoward. Suppose it’s fine lines isn’t it, as you can be only a stones throw away from a bellend that could put a dampener on the day.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 07:28:05 PM by Bent Neilsens Screamer »

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #352 on: March 03, 2020, 07:39:27 PM »
I wonder if the Manchester Evening News website carried anything about City fans playing up?

Offline exigo

« Reply #353 on: March 03, 2020, 07:59:32 PM »
Some twats never get away from the Mrs unless we appear at a final so completely lose the plot.  When I arrived at the green man for the Fulham game at around 2.30pm there were blokes puking into their own pint pots.  Nothing wrong with a good few jars to lighten the mood just need to be able to handle your piss.

There was a bloke puking in the beer garden there at just after 11 in the morning.

Offline colin69

« Reply #354 on: March 03, 2020, 08:58:40 PM »
I’ve spent the last 3 Wembley trips in the Green Man and had a great time. The organisation at Wembley train station going home was rubbish and there were a few villa fans and Man City fans throwing a few punches at each other over the barriers. BTP nicked one Villa fan for something (not sure what) but he was dragged away minus a shoe to a chorus of boos. I did feel that the few BTP officers that were there when my son and I were in the queue were certainly concentrating more on our fans than the Man City fans who apart from the odd few were as quiet as they had been inside Wembley. You would never have guessed they’d just secured another trophy.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #355 on: March 03, 2020, 10:07:08 PM »

Agree with this. We were in the box park from 1ish till about 3.30, absolutely mobbed and lots of alcohol being consumed, but felt completely safe and my kids who are only 9 and 13 had a great time along with loads of their friends. They were up the front when Ian Taylor was leading the Allez Allez sing along.

Too much alcohol can be a problem especially with lots of 16/17 year olds caning it, although plenty of older gobshites as well, but most people are fine even if they’ve had a bit to drink. Wembley apart as I drive to most games at VP I’ll generally have maybe a pint, but there are lots of people I know who go and have a fair bit to drink as it’s a major part of their social life and life in general, they love the villa and football, but the social aspect is really important to them as well, football is not just about football is it, it’s about your friendships.

Saying all that some plank nearly vomited on me and my son at half time at the Fulham okay off final!!

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #356 on: March 03, 2020, 10:36:23 PM »
There were 4 of us in block 527 near the halfway line - upper tier and the last seats before the neutral zone and stewards.

Support was generally excellent but a number of people were very focused on baiting their fans - plastics, cockneys, part timers etc. We were standing for the first 10 minutes, which I am ok with but not great for those who are not so youthful. Stewards came and tried to calm everybody but tempers frayed. At one point a man with a 60ish year old woman 2-3 rows behind had a go at some blokes in front to our left as his wife could not see. He was met with all sorts of threats and abuse because he had been pointing at them. The fact that he was pointing because they were standing was lost on them. The cops eventually came and sorted it but it was all unnecessary and escalated to 15-20 people getting heated. I don’t see this at Villa Park. A copper after the game told me a lot of Villa fans had been pissed idiots.

There were a fair few barbs down Wembley way. Villa fans having a go at them for not being ecstatic, city fans informing us we are heading downwards and living in the past. Nothing major, but some eejits on both sides.

Earlier in the Black Lion in Kilburn all was fine - boozy but good natured. I think I only saw 4-5 City fans on the street. Fewer drunks than the last few visits and generally a more subdued atmosphere on the street and in the tube. Nowhere near as intense as the last 4 visits.

I’ve seen a lot of comments about City being plastic fans because they were struggling to offload their tickets. I think this game shows they still have a very local fanbase  in Manchester for whom another league cup is a low priority, so unable to draw on the global glory hunters of Liverpool, Manyoo etc. They are nowhere near the scale of their neighbours in the NW, not even Everton.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #357 on: March 03, 2020, 10:40:39 PM »
Walking back to station, Villa singing 'Champions of Europe, you'll never sing that'
Man City fan sparks up 'Champions of England, you'll never sing that'
I turned and asked him if he was sure?
I actually think he was serious as he kept singing it! Not the sharpest tool

I was walking up Wembley Way yesterday with my son and Pat McMahon when a Man City fan thought he was being helpful/clever/funny by telling me which way the stadium was. I thanked him and told him it was my 11th visit with Villa.   

Ha Ha, nice one

I can’t recall the exact  comment but I remember giving him some advice about winning European trophies too.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #358 on: March 03, 2020, 11:18:26 PM »
Like many, it was my 5th trip to Wembley in 5 years. Obviously, people will have had different experiences, but unfortunately some of the behaviour amongst our fans was the worst I had seen in all those visits. Whilst a lot of our fans were fine, there were more than an isolated few who weren't.

It mostly centred on picking on opposition  fans for no other reason than they followed the opposition.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #359 on: March 03, 2020, 11:33:36 PM »
Treat people like grown ups, let them have a drink at their seat.

I’m all for sticking up for the rights of football fans, however I think that would be a terrible idea. Imagine all the examples of poor behaviour in this thread and then add also getting soaked with beer several times a game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal