collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:35:05 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:35:05 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 11:19:56 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by AV82EC
[Today at 11:16:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 11:11:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 11:07:39 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 11:05:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nunkin1965
[Today at 11:01:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Richard E
[Today at 11:00:08 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City, a referee and two linesmen Post Match Thread  (Read 44845 times)

Offline LukeJames

Re: Aston Villa v Man City, a referee and two linesmen Post Match Thread
« Reply #330 on: March 03, 2020, 12:04:05 PM »
Personally I just don't get such levels of drinking before a game to the point where you have no idea what's actually happening on the pitch.

It helped me greatly in 2015.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #331 on: March 03, 2020, 12:22:23 PM »
Personally I just don't get such levels of drinking before a game to the point where you have no idea what's actually happening on the pitch.

4.30 kick off doesn't help either.

That was my view also, each of the trips to the White Elephant dome over last couple of years have been surrounded by people just completely smashed before kick off, some I would suspect were not just reliant on alcohol.

Guy behind who from the smell I would say had shat himself spent most of the game rolling fags and smoking them.

I think the big difference is for thousands it’s the only ‘away’ trip of season (my last 3 aways have all been to Wembley so I am one of those) so you aren’t sat with the same people as you are at VP week in week out - I know there were a number I tolerated Sunday but if I’d been sat by them at VP the stewards would have been alerted.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #332 on: March 03, 2020, 01:20:28 PM »
Richard, I was also in block 528. Had a chap about 5 seats away who was so legless, he fell head first into 2 women sat in front of him. He didn’t come back for the second half as had probably fell asleep somewhere. Also, right next to me was a big chap who was standing about every 30 seconds. He seemed more interested in turning his back to the match and using very industrial language to all and sundry as they weren’t singing when he wanted them too. Eventually, around 70 minutes an elderly chap sat just behind him asked if he could sit down so he could actually see what was going on in the game. Needless to say, that nearly ended up in fisticuffs. During the match, I also had to shield myself from his flag as he wasn’t in full control of his actions.
For a lot of people it’s a shame their day is spoilt by others who get themselves too oiled up. Don’t know what the answer is.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #333 on: March 03, 2020, 01:31:03 PM »
Treat people like grown ups, let them have a drink at their seat.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #334 on: March 03, 2020, 01:47:45 PM »
I see that it’s still the case that a trip to Wembley brings all the scum out.

Offline colin69

« Reply #335 on: March 03, 2020, 01:54:45 PM »
A group of lads on my train down were openly doing coke at 10.30 in the morning. God knows how they ended up later.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #336 on: March 03, 2020, 02:01:12 PM »
I had a group of half witted plebs, the ring leader of which was the biggest ****** I’ve ever had to sit near at VP for the Friday night game against Everton. They looked like how some coked up pissed up wankers look at 2AM outside some shit night club. That’s a pretty unusual occurrence for me at VP but I’ve always seemed to be surrounded by them on trips to Wembley.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #337 on: March 03, 2020, 02:07:46 PM »
It's not unusual behaviour at all amongst the away fans, unfortunately.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #338 on: March 03, 2020, 02:14:02 PM »
Some twats never get away from the Mrs unless we appear at a final so completely lose the plot.  When I arrived at the green man for the Fulham game at around 2.30pm there were blokes puking into their own pint pots.  Nothing wrong with a good few jars to lighten the mood just need to be able to handle your piss.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #339 on: March 03, 2020, 02:28:21 PM »
I was sat five rows behind where that fight took place I saw it it was bad watching Villa fan's fighting each other there were children nearby which made it even more disgusting.

Offline Ditton33

« Reply #340 on: March 03, 2020, 02:55:15 PM »
For some reason going to watch football seems to bring out the very worst in human nature. The consumption of huge amounts of alcohol and in some cases drugs just go hand in hand with 'going to the match' Never understood it myself. Its the people with young children I feel sorry for, it must be terrifying for them.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #341 on: March 03, 2020, 03:09:01 PM »
I do think that the Club should be alerted to this because it will stop decent  people from going, who wants to expose their kids to this sort of behavior? I have experienced some of this and its appalling. From reading this it seems like the situation is deteriorating
Maybe through the Consultation Group, passing on the seat numbers to the club may be an idea.
The Club sometimes sends its own stewards and this can certainly help.
Any ideas?

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #342 on: March 03, 2020, 03:17:20 PM »
With a lot of the younger element nowadays it is more drug related than booze. You can tell by their actions, angry faces and aggressive behaviour.

The drunks are bloody annoying but usually end up asleep or fell over. If you watch that video there is one guy (with the woolly hat) who has no actual beef with anyone but just randomly hits out at strangers - in most cases when their backs are turned

I really hope that Plod gets images of these morons and shops them

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #343 on: March 03, 2020, 03:38:14 PM »
When I arrived at the green man for the Fulham game at around 2.30pm there were blokes puking into their own pint pots. 

I am not in any way shape or form saying that kind of behaviour is acceptable, but if anyone had asked me before the match "Where do you think you're most likely to find Villa fans getting shitfaced and acting like absolute twats?" my answer would have been "The Green Man".

Offline mas54321

« Reply #344 on: March 03, 2020, 04:27:54 PM »
I went to the big street gathering down the road from the retail outlet (where the grassy area used to be, but was fenced off this time) from about 1pm.
There were a group of kids doing the "let's go fucking mental" whilst throwing beer up in the air. Few older villa fans (with kids) were telling them off, I had to laugh at the one ~14 year old kid that had to be held back from "fighting" the men.. he'd have got his head punched in (and I half wish he did, tbh). A few bottles thrown, one flare thrown into the police van. Just general shithead behaviour really.
There was a guy aged 65+ who picked up a 2L bottle of pop from the floor and launched it at the police. I wasn't expecting that one.

Anyway, let's not kid ourselves that we don't have plenty of shit head fans. I saw morons at both Fulham away and Southampton away this season, including another imbecile who spent the second half trying to break his chair so that he could throw it.  It's not just Wembley

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal