collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Spurs Post Match Thread  (Read 39594 times)

Offline simon ward 50

Re: Aston Villa v Spurs Post Match Thread
« Reply #330 on: February 17, 2020, 02:04:30 PM »
Can we all agree we missed Mings?

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #331 on: February 17, 2020, 02:21:33 PM »
You may well be right about me being one of the worst offenders. I like a rant and Hourihane bore the brunt of my anger. I remember saying that, and was wrong to do so. It was an over the top reaction to a player that I thought wasnt playing well, and looked like he couldn't give a shit. He duly rammed that down my throat, and I was happy to eat humble pie.

As for abusing Smith, you'll have to be more specific. I think he's been a bit crap this season on more than one occasion, despite the great achievement of promotion. If he was doing well, he wouldn't be receiving the so called abuse you speak of.

But thank you for reminding me of the abuse I dish out. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for anything negative that you say from now on. I'll send you a report later.

It's a football forum 'Marlon From Bearwood'. I'm afraid you're going to come across ranting and negativity. Apologies if it's made you feel uncomfortable.

Fair enough. Maybe I was wrong to use the F word, I’ll put it down to the frustration of yesterday followed by some of the over the top comments on here.

Onwards and upwards (hopefully).

Yes mate. Onwards and upwards!

We all hurt when we lose, of course. I still think we will stay up, and reckon we'll beat Southampton this weekend.

Up the Villa.
I was guilty of an ott rant straight after the game yesterday. I aimed my abuse straight at Engels. It's heat of the moment stuff but sometimes you just need to have a rant. Better on here i suppose than at the game!

Offline Luffbralion

« Reply #332 on: February 17, 2020, 02:41:19 PM »
I don't know why there is so much moaning. I saw some really good stuff yesterday at Villa Park; great technique, consistent quality and composure under pressure.

Well done to all the "Prize where it lies" contestants.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #333 on: February 17, 2020, 02:47:09 PM »
Laughable on some other sites seeing Spuds fans saying they are pleased that they didn't sign Grealish and what a poor game he had.  They really are total cnuts aren't they?

Grealish was the best player on the park by God knows how much. Especially first half. A lovely player to watch. Even if I wasn't Villa through and through, I'd pay money to go and watch Grealish play.

Spurs fans are just laughable in general.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #334 on: February 17, 2020, 02:51:53 PM »

I think this has been underplayed.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #335 on: February 17, 2020, 03:04:23 PM »
I don't know why there is so much moaning. I saw some really good stuff yesterday at Villa Park; great technique, consistent quality and composure under pressure.

Well done to all the "Prize where it lies" contestants.

Forgot about that! I think it took the collective will of those still watching to get that one to stop in time.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #336 on: February 17, 2020, 03:08:11 PM »
Laughable on some other sites seeing Spuds fans saying they are pleased that they didn't sign Grealish and what a poor game he had.  They really are total cnuts aren't they?

Grealish was the best player on the park by God knows how much. Especially first half. A lovely player to watch. Even if I wasn't Villa through and through, I'd pay money to go and watch Grealish play.

Spurs fans are just laughable in general.

If newcastle are the worst side down villa this season (imo) then spurs have the worst fans, completely silent apart from a couple of minutes celebrations after each goal, ‘we forgot that you were here’ had never been more aptly sang.

I winced again re the Engels mistake when watching motd2 on catch up this morning, but it’s gone now. Someone else posted it’s probably too late in the season to start cutting out the things that have been going wrong, mistakes etc, not to say we shouldn’t try...but I think that’s probably right, and we’re going to have to hope our attacking flair pays dividends in 3 or 4 games out of the 12 to go. We need to start on Saturday like we did yesterday and a bit like Southampton did against us at VP

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #337 on: February 17, 2020, 03:32:27 PM »

Depends which Mings you mean, the class one or the one that's been playing as he did against Bournemouth?

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #338 on: February 17, 2020, 04:05:16 PM »
We do miss Mings but the 3 man defence has issues ...other teams playing it have 3 solid CB's generally good on the ball.What we do is have Mings play as a cover for when the other 2 fuck up.

Another issue is we have Jack on the left ahead of Hause who is clearly the weakest passer of the three , so many times he lofted a ball up to Jack which was a nothing ball and easy to defend against.This situation however comes from the man deficit  in MF , when we have 2 in there in this case DD and DL the Spurs 3 can get tight on them leaving the cbs with only long punts up field.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #339 on: February 17, 2020, 04:08:58 PM »
Must have missed it but what was wrong with Mings

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #340 on: February 17, 2020, 04:10:39 PM »
Must have missed it but what was wrong with Mings

Ill apparently.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #341 on: February 17, 2020, 04:12:38 PM »
They think it's tonsillitis and that he should be back for the Saints game. So out for the season then with our track record.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #342 on: February 17, 2020, 04:14:05 PM »
A lot of people saying we played well and didn't deserve to lose. What I saw, we played well, very well,  for the first 30 minutes, and maybe for 5-10 minutes or so at the start of the second half.  But we allowed an away team 23 shots at goal, 10 of which were on target.  That's not a one-off either.  We, the home side, had 18 shots, 4 on target.  That's not playing well in my book, and it's not indicating we deserved anything from the game except what we got.   Sickening as it was coming in the dying seconds, they were getting chance after chance the last 15 minutes, and a fair few before that. It would have happened much sooner if not for Reina's saves and Deli Alli not being able to finish.  The way we "defended" I reckon if Kane had been playing they'd have put 6 past us like Citeh did.     

As for Smith instead of whingeing about VAR getting the penalty decision right he should focus on teaching the team how to defend and not make stupid errors and challenges.   

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #343 on: February 17, 2020, 04:40:22 PM »
A lot of people saying we played well and didn't deserve to lose. What I saw, we played well, very well,  for the first 30 minutes, and maybe for 5-10 minutes or so at the start of the second half.  But we allowed an away team 23 shots at goal, 10 of which were on target.  That's not a one-off either.  We, the home side, had 18 shots, 4 on target.  That's not playing well in my book, and it's not indicating we deserved anything from the game except what we got.   Sickening as it was coming in the dying seconds, they were getting chance after chance the last 15 minutes, and a fair few before that. It would have happened much sooner if not for Reina's saves and Deli Alli not being able to finish.  The way we "defended" I reckon if Kane had been playing they'd have put 6 past us like Citeh did.     

As for Smith instead of whingeing about VAR getting the penalty decision right he should focus on teaching the team how to defend and not make stupid errors and challenges.   
Exactly this and it is no surprise that you get a defensive error under the pressure we had been under.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #344 on: February 17, 2020, 05:49:35 PM »
Why is Smith blaming VAR? Ok, he might be a bit pissed off but the blame is on a Premier League footballer who can't trap a ball he's watched coming at him for half the pitch.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal