collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Spurs Post Match Thread  (Read 39634 times)

Offline RichardBatchelor

Re: Aston Villa v Spurs Post Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2020, 04:38:45 PM »
That is sickening. Have to say we showed great spirit and sure we give chances away not there is a team there and to lose that way is heartbreaking. Feel sorry for Bjorn as he had played well

With due respect I don’t think he did, the goal aside, but nor did any of the defence, which, Reina aside, was awful. Great going forward but what’s the point if you defend like that?

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2020, 04:38:48 PM »
Didn’t deserve that.

I'm sorry but we absolutely did. We didn't take our chances. We gifted them lots and lots before the winner. Reina stood on his fucking head all game to deny them. We were beaten for being precisely who and what we are and have been all season long.

I disagree we definitely didn't deserve it.

We were beaten by an individual mistake in the last seconds, nothing to do with how many chances we missed or spurs missed.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2020, 04:41:02 PM »
Speaking the truth. It hurts. We've conceded the most goals and lost the 2nd most games. How is it anything but the truth to say we are having a very poor season and are not very good. The manager has done poorly, the transfers have by and large been poor and the tactics have been poor.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2020, 04:42:28 PM »
I think we have to accept that we're still very much in the doldrums, despite the promotion. Villa have been very poor for about 7 or 8 full years now and the days of being consistently prem standard are long gone, we have to get used to this and be patient. We're going to be poor for the foreseeable and just have to hope that there is a plan to sign some decent footballers after Grealish is sold.

Online baddowvillans

« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2020, 04:42:54 PM »
Oh and how do we end up with two yellow cards for first offences and they have none for systematically fouling Jack.  The officials are inept..  VAR decides to look repeatedly at a potential handball that clearly hits the midriff but not one that equally clearly it's the hand.  Penalty for foul - for me yes BUT is it really clear and obvious if it takes three minutes.  What was clear and obvious was the goal kick and corner we should have had but that's not VAR is for.  I think we all know what VAR is for and it's achieving just that

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2020, 04:43:51 PM »
Didn’t deserve that.

I'm sorry but we absolutely did. We didn't take our chances. We gifted them lots and lots before the winner. Reina stood on his fucking head all game to deny them. We were beaten for being precisely who and what we are and have been all season long.

I disagree we definitely didn't deserve it.

We were beaten by an individual mistake in the last seconds, nothing to do with how many chances we missed or spurs missed.

I don't think we can defend like we did today and feel like we deserved anything from the game. We played some nice stuff going forward granted and Luiz missing the sitter when 1-0 was a big moment, but ultimately our defending was so shocking the result was a fair one.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2020, 04:44:32 PM »
I think we have to accept that we're still very much in the doldrums, despite the promotion. Villa have been very poor for about 7 or 8 full years now and the days of being consistently prem standard are long gone, we have to get used to this and be patient. We're going to be poor for the foreseeable and just have to hope that there is a plan to sign some decent footballers after Grealish is sold.

We have been poor for ten full years. I think the decline set in about this time ten years ago when we lost the League Cup final under O'Neill? I recall a 7-1 thrashing against Chelsea soon after and a dreadful couple of results to end that season.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2020, 04:44:50 PM »
Villa have really pissed me off and fucked up another weekend. I'm going the pub to get hammered. Bastards.

Online Stu

« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2020, 04:45:10 PM »
Speaking the truth. It hurts. We've conceded the most goals and lost the 2nd most games. How is it anything but the truth to say we are having a very poor season and are not very good. The manager has done poorly, the transfers have by and large been poor and the tactics have been poor.

Smith will be given until October/November next season and then be potted I reckon.

Online Stu

« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2020, 04:45:49 PM »

We have been poor for ten full years. I think the decline set in about this time ten years ago when we lost the League Cup final under O'Neill? I recall a 7-1 thrashing against Chelsea soon after and a dreadful couple of results to end that season.

We were still competitive under Houllier IMO.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2020, 04:47:01 PM »
That is sickening. Have to say we showed great spirit and sure we give chances away not there is a team there and to lose that way is heartbreaking. Feel sorry for Bjorn as he had played well
Agreed. There is typically a lot of hyperbole on here at the moment. Things like Engels is ‘an absolute dick’, an ‘absolute twat’ a ‘fucking thick twat’, and ‘shouldn’t play for us again’. I’m sorry but whilst I might have felt that vitriolic about Richards and Lescott four years ago, I can’t feel that way about any of the current team. Especially a guy who intervened when the police were heavy-handed at Selhurst Park.

Offline levico

« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2020, 04:47:26 PM »
Only a good thrashing at Wembley (nailed on) can make this season any worse.
Far more enjoyable in the Championship.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2020, 04:47:55 PM »
hated virtually every minute of this season - not just because we are pretty awful, but the the whole hyperbolic freak show that is the PL.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2020, 04:48:47 PM »
Only a good thrashing at Wembley (nailed on) can make this season any worse.
Far more enjoyable in the Championship.

Yeah finishing mid table, hardly winning for months, nearly going bust was great fun.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2020, 04:48:59 PM »
We might as well abandon the Rampant Lion and change the badge to a foot with a rifle pointed at it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal