collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 149124 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Relegation Watch
« Reply #495 on: June 23, 2020, 12:10:32 AM »
The difference in GD isn't as bad as I thought it was (between us and Bournemouth/West Ham). We can actually do this without miracles.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #496 on: June 23, 2020, 12:21:49 AM »
Will we cobble together 3 more points than Watford and 2 more points than Wet Spam in the remaining games? It doesn't look promising if we don't start showing some mettle.

We don't necessarily need to finish above both of them.

Apologies. I used 'and' instead of 'or'.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #497 on: June 23, 2020, 12:23:40 AM »
The difference in GD isn't as bad as I thought it was (between us and Bournemouth/West Ham). We can actually do this without miracles.

One point from the last 18. We need a minimum 10 (I am being very generous) from the next 24.

That my friend would count as a miracle!

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #498 on: June 23, 2020, 12:43:39 AM »

One point from the last 18. We need a minimum 10 (I am being very generous) from the next 24.

That my friend would count as a miracle!

I can't imagine that the other two's record is much better.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #499 on: June 23, 2020, 01:50:05 AM »
Bournemouth 4 points from last 6 games, thanks to beating us
West Ham have 5 points from their last 10 league games

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #500 on: June 23, 2020, 06:54:55 AM »
Bournemouth 4 points from last 6 games, thanks to beating us
West Ham have 5 points from their last 10 league games
Bournemouth have an awful run in.
West Ham has the easiest out of the the 3 of us.
It could be a very weird final game at an empty Tax payer stadium.
That’s if we get enough points to stay in touch.

Online Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #501 on: June 23, 2020, 08:07:38 AM »
I’ve had a go at forecasting the final results (assuming Norwich are already down and Brighton are safe) for the 4 teams and it ends like this;

Watford 38 points
West Ham 36
Bournemouth 35
Villa 35

So, us and Bournemouth relegated. However, I predicted a draw in our final game at West Ham so if we’d won that, we’d be safe. We are on course for a final day, winner takes all shootout.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #502 on: June 23, 2020, 09:17:41 AM »
What has pissed me off about this season is the defeats that should have been draws. Every damn point is so important in our position. Those early season games where we were naive have really cost us.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #503 on: June 23, 2020, 09:19:10 AM »
I just think West Ham have more quality than us throughout their team and have more chance of it 'clicking' on a few games than we do.  Don't get me wrong, they look shit, but with their individulal quality I think they'll survive.

If Bowen makes the difference I'll just want to punch Suso repeatedly.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #504 on: June 23, 2020, 11:04:26 AM »
Well however you see the individuals - I don't rate most of them -West ham aren't a team . They actually lack any cohesion , are disjointed and the midfield and defence is pretty awful.
Attack wise there isn't much threat at all.
Snodgrass has been decent for them and Lanzini is a player when he's not injured or diving around. But snoddy is injured now. And apart from those 2 and a inconsistent Haller and Injury prone Yarmolenko their isn't much else.
Declan Rice will move on whatever happens but he doesn't offer any attack so they must worry where goals will come from. Antonio is a brute , a trier but lacks any quality.

It won't surprise me if they ship 3+ goals v spurs as they really don't have any togetherness. Midfield will be overrun and Son and Moura if they start should take advantage

Worryingly I thought the same on team spirit with Villa.  Due to lockdown the players have to build up a team spirit again as both squads are a mishmash of individuals. West ham even worse than ourselves

I don't see many outstanding players at West Ham Felipe Anderson hasn't been bothered for a long while and I don't think he'll start trying in a relegation battle.

And despite having some winnable fixtures their lack of any real abilities to won matches and poor manager could well mean they fall behind us if we manage a few points.

They are fortunate it's behind closed door to rest of season as both on the road and at home they would struggle with the crowds

Really hope they go down

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #505 on: June 23, 2020, 11:52:44 AM »
Like I said theyve been shit, but in Antonio, Fornals, Anderson, Bowen, Lanzini, Yarmalenko, Wilshere, Rice & Fabianski I think they have a lot more quality to call on than we do.  I'd also take their fullbacks over ours.

They are struggling and whether they can make it click remains to be seen, but I think they have a better chance than us.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #506 on: June 23, 2020, 12:05:17 PM »
Like I said theyve been shit, but in Antonio, Fornals, Anderson, Bowen, Lanzini, Yarmalenko, Wilshere, Rice & Fabianski I think they have a lot more quality to call on than we do.  I'd also take their fullbacks over ours.

They are struggling and whether they can make it click remains to be seen, but I think they have a better chance than us.

I agree, but only because they are above us in the table, just.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #507 on: June 23, 2020, 01:40:01 PM »
Watford will certainly be excited to play Burnley who looked a shambles tonight and are short of players due to issues with contracts ..

Yep big chance for them. We'd be happy playing Burnley in the run in.

I'd be up for Watford pulling well clear if it meant they went to West Ham and won near end of the season.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #508 on: June 23, 2020, 01:43:21 PM »
What has pissed me off about this season is the defeats that should have been draws. Every damn point is so important in our position. Those early season games where we were naive have really cost us.

If we'd held on in injury time v Spurs and Liverpool we'd be out of the bottom 3 now. Shows the small margins.

Can't help feeling we wasted too much of the early part of the season when we were still on a high after promotion. After the euphoria of beating Everton on that friday night, we were robbed of a point at Palace, had 30 minutes to score v 10 men West Ham, lead twice at Arsenal (also v 10 men) and lead twice at home to Burnley.

Easily another 6-7 points we should've got from that period and that would've put us on 32 points now so we'd have had a buffer over 17th.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #509 on: June 23, 2020, 02:08:12 PM »
I accepted relegation following the Chelsea game.

Not because we are in a much worse position than the others, but because we are such a poor team, poorly managed with poor tactics. The stats don't lie.

If we survive somehow, it will be a bonus, but I'm thinking about how we will bounce back stronger with the Jack transfer money and the parachute cash under new management.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal