collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 149115 times)

Offline Villan82

Re: Relegation Watch
« Reply #345 on: March 09, 2020, 11:46:48 PM »
crashing out the Prem and replaced with dirty Leeds and the boggies, Liverpool champions and dogheads flying. 2 trips to the Sty next season and having to play Cov. grealish at Manure. Jesus wept

Staying up was paramount. I am so angry with the club. I would have happily gone out in round two of the league cup just to prioritise survival. Staying up was everything-

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #346 on: March 09, 2020, 11:51:17 PM »
Anybody that watched our last 4 league games, Bournemouth, Spurs, Southampton and Leicester and still thinks we’ll stay up needs sectioning. 3 of arguably our worst performances of the season and the other we gifted a win. All of those teams were and are on terrible runs accept when they play us.

We are genuinely awful.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #347 on: March 10, 2020, 12:18:16 AM »
I really don't think getting to the league cup final has significantly hurt us.

Ultimately we've stopped trying in away games (not that the away form has been great all season) and that's pretty unforgivable in this situation.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #348 on: March 10, 2020, 12:47:25 AM »
Anybody that watched our last 4 league games, Bournemouth, Spurs, Southampton and Leicester and still thinks we’ll stay up needs sectioning. 3 of arguably our worst performances of the season and the other we gifted a win. All of those teams were and are on terrible runs accept when they play us.

We are genuinely awful.

My thoughts exactly. Some of the performances of late really have been down there with anything the class of 2015 could muster. Absolute dog shit.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #349 on: March 10, 2020, 12:53:12 AM »

We are genuinely awful.

My thoughts exactly. Some of the performances of late really have been down there with anything the class of 2015 could muster. Absolute dog shit.

We conceded exactly two goals a game on average that season, and so far we're on course to match that.  Well done Dean, it takes some going to be as crap as that.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #350 on: March 10, 2020, 06:33:52 AM »
We are consistently terrible. It is unacceptable.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #351 on: March 10, 2020, 06:45:02 AM »
The home matches are where it's at now.
That game in hand v Sheffield utd and a rousing performance ,some how , vs Chelsea and still fighting chance.
Leicester didn't even have to do so much to win the match tonight which was most frustrating.
Other than the first 10 minutes and a period before the 3rd goal Villa never in it.
However playing the 3rd best team and that was a match which was difficult to get something from.
Liverpool away will be the other perhaps
Apart from that the rest of the fixtures are down to villa and how they perform

Do you really, really think we are going to start winning games? Why should we beat Sheffield United? They are a good team. We are going down because of inept performances against teams around us, with the exception of Norwich away. Watford and Southampton should have sealed his fate. Dean should have been sacked then. Before the “keep the faith” brigade start, oh yes it’s my fault because I walked into the ground last night not believing we would win, because as fans we can mind control the game!!! Dean Smith (this season) is not a Premiership manager and at the end of the season Aston Villa will not be a premier league club.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #352 on: March 10, 2020, 06:53:33 AM »
We are consistently terrible. It is unacceptable.

I’ve watched Norwich more than I’m comfortable with this season and you get the impression that they are a little unlucky to be bottom, that they are one or two players away from being a reasonable side.

We have no shape, allow teams to completely dominate us, give space in the box and are completely one dimensional in attack.
I have zero belief in this side.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #353 on: March 10, 2020, 07:05:58 AM »
This is it, we’re disorganised in defence, passive in midfield, and don’t appear to have a plan in attack. Those are three pretty critical failings and it’s why we’ll get relegated.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #354 on: March 10, 2020, 07:13:24 AM »
crashing out the Prem and replaced with dirty Leeds and the boggies, Liverpool champions and dogheads flying. 2 trips to the Sty next season and having to play Cov. grealish at Manure. Jesus wept

Reading this has just ruined my day.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #355 on: March 10, 2020, 07:30:08 AM »
As poor as last night was, as poor as our season has been, I shall still be at Villa Park next season cheering us on albeit in the Championship

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #356 on: March 10, 2020, 07:32:22 AM »
When you give up goals and chances as easily as we do, you cannot hope to stay up;

Reina's utter stupidity for the first
Beaten at his near post twice
The shambles at corners in failing to mark
The 5 or 6 times in the first half alone we passed ourselves into trouble
The ease teams break beyond our midfield

Then you couple that with playing Championship players against teams with a lot of quality, what are you realistically expecting? Elmo and Hourihane, just why?

The absence of any attacking structure. Last night Leicester breezed back into form without being particularly good. They made the pitch big, with Barnes and Albrighton playing very high and very wide.

What was our method? What were we hoping to achieve?

That Reina mistake was so bad, it killed any hope. The absence of organisation has been there all season, but it's only getting worse.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 07:42:59 AM by Ads »

Offline WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #357 on: March 10, 2020, 07:38:57 AM »
The total lack of organisation is beyond me. We don't have a great squad, but I also don't think its the worst. But all season teams have been able to walk through and take free headers from corners, etc. This is totally down to the management, who unfortunately are being shown to be out of their depth.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #358 on: March 10, 2020, 07:40:41 AM »
I am still shell shocked after last night's debacle. We are sleep walking to relegation. We haven't conducted ourselves like a big club since MON left. We should have got Big Sam in weeks ago.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #359 on: March 10, 2020, 09:29:42 AM »

Then you couple that with playing Championship players against teams with a lot of quality, what are you realistically expecting? Elmo and Hourihane, just why?

Is there a viable alternative though? Not disagreeing but we have too many players/position where the limitations and weaknesses severely outweighs their strengths.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal