collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 150229 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Relegation Watch
« Reply #330 on: March 09, 2020, 09:32:12 PM »
We're going aren't we. We're laughably poor.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #331 on: March 09, 2020, 09:35:57 PM »
Given the last decade I had the feeling the Son Heung Min goal would really impact on us and well it's not looking good, two awful away performances since in the league. That goal effectively relegated us.

Probably be huff and puff v Chelsea on Saturday but it's a stretch to see us even winning two more games this season and we won't be close to staying up if we even manage that.

I still think DS will be here in August but going down with a real whimper will put a serious question mark on that.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #332 on: March 09, 2020, 09:38:39 PM »
First time i've thought we're fucked. We look a team that's already done.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #333 on: March 09, 2020, 09:38:52 PM »
We're going aren't we. We're laughably poor.
We have all those traits,
We give up winning positions, we make huge errors and throw points away like confetti.
We don’t challenge the refs when we are on the end of poor decisions. Don’t score from or defend corners.
Lack leadership, we have no real shape or system.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #334 on: March 09, 2020, 09:39:30 PM »
Yep, no desire, no belief, no bravery. This side stinks of relegation.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #335 on: March 09, 2020, 09:44:39 PM »
If we don't even reach 30 points (which looks a very strong possibility now) I think he'll be sacked.

We were on 25 points after beating Watford on January 21st ffs. And have winnable games straight after.

Poor poor poor.

richtheholtender

« Reply #336 on: March 09, 2020, 09:53:06 PM »
Not only do I think we’ll drop but I also think this time round could be our Leeds. It’s going to be yet another rebuild.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #337 on: March 09, 2020, 10:22:26 PM »
First time i've thought we're fucked. We look a team that's already done.

Afraid I agree. It’s the lack of winning any second balls which is hard to stomach, it just looks like a lack of desire.

Just before their 3rd we had possibly our only half decent attack of second half, balls intercepted from a Davies through ball and I swear 3 of our players are a half yard nearer the ball than their defender who inevitably wins the ball and kicks off a counter.

It happened all night and all of them inc grealish, with the possible exception of Nakamba in very small doses, made no where near enough effort.

Other than trying Davies and Samatta up front, I don’t know where we go, clutching at straws now.

Offline ez

« Reply #338 on: March 09, 2020, 10:31:35 PM »
The towel was thrown in tonight. Smith has lost the dressing room. Nobody wanted the ball. Grealish looks like he's had enough now. I dont blame him.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #339 on: March 09, 2020, 10:37:27 PM »
Not only do I think we’ll drop but I also think this time round could be our Leeds. It’s going to be yet another rebuild.

I don't really get that though.

Last time we went down we were a proper basketcase Sunderland type club. We got up within three years. Could've easily been two if we'd actually turned up for the first hour v Fulham.

We did that with a kid in sweet shop owner and safety first manager.

If these owners are as good as most think they are they will make a big decision on DS future, appoint a competant manager for the level below and more importantly instruct him to sign proven players for that level.

We actually did that under Xia albeit by just throwing money at anything that moved but we still had a more than good squad if not one that could adapt to premier league.

Being a good board isn't just taking credit when we get promoted, it's showing good leadership and decision making going forward when we had to sell a key player like Grealish.

That day is coming this summer. Leicester sold one of their best players for 70m last summer but you wouldn't know it watching them tonight.

Now that is a superbly run club from the top imo especially after the tragedy of last season.

Offline myf

« Reply #340 on: March 09, 2020, 10:39:44 PM »
If we don't even reach 30 points (which looks a very strong possibility now) I think he'll be sacked.

We were on 25 points after beating Watford on January 21st ffs. And have winnable games straight after.

Poor poor poor.

Poor poor poor.

Getting to the final has ruined us. 25 points with 14 to play should have been relatively comfortable. I've said it before but Smith doesn't know how to draw a match and that's crucial in the Prem

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #341 on: March 09, 2020, 10:47:51 PM »
The home matches are where it's at now.
That game in hand v Sheffield utd and a rousing performance ,some how , vs Chelsea and still fighting chance.
Leicester didn't even have to do so much to win the match tonight which was most frustrating.
Other than the first 10 minutes and a period before the 3rd goal Villa never in it.
However playing the 3rd best team and that was a match which was difficult to get something from.
Liverpool away will be the other perhaps
Apart from that the rest of the fixtures are down to villa and how they perform

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #342 on: March 09, 2020, 10:56:18 PM »
That game in hand v Sheffield utd and a rousing performance ,some how , vs Chelsea and still fighting chance.
Leicester didn't even have to do so much to win the match tonight which was most frustrating.
Other than the first 10 minutes and a period before the 3rd goal Villa never in it.
However playing the 3rd best team and that was a match which was difficult to get something from.

Only one question. Where's all the "rousing" and "fighting" coming from?

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #343 on: March 09, 2020, 11:01:11 PM »

Only one question. Where's all the "rousing" and "fighting" coming from?

Must be outside the ground because it's certainly not happening on the pitch. 

Offline myf

« Reply #344 on: March 09, 2020, 11:43:39 PM »
 crashing out the Prem and replaced with dirty Leeds and the boggies, Liverpool champions and dogheads flying. 2 trips to the Sty next season and having to play Cov. grealish at Manure. Jesus wept

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal