collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread  (Read 158521 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread
« Reply #480 on: February 13, 2020, 04:05:38 PM »
Cup win.

We've not won a trophy for over 20 years.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #481 on: February 13, 2020, 04:18:22 PM »
It may have been mentioned earlier in this thread, not sure. If you had to choose relegation and win the League Cup or stay up and lose the League Cup final, what would you go for?

I’d normally say win the cup and get relegated as I take the old school view that it’s all about winning trophies, HOWEVER, due to the fact that relegation would ensure the departure of Grealish, Mings and McGinn I’m changing my answer this time to lose at Wembley and stay up.

Why would they want to stay somewhere that's not going to win things?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #482 on: February 13, 2020, 04:19:25 PM »
Stay up.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #483 on: February 13, 2020, 04:50:14 PM »
It may have been mentioned earlier in this thread, not sure. If you had to choose relegation and win the League Cup or stay up and lose the League Cup final, what would you go for?

I’d normally say win the cup and get relegated as I take the old school view that it’s all about winning trophies, HOWEVER, due to the fact that relegation would ensure the departure of Grealish, Mings and McGinn I’m changing my answer this time to lose at Wembley and stay up.

Why would they want to stay somewhere that's not going to win things?

If we stay up they won’t all leave this summer. If we go down, they will. That was my point.

Offline frank black

« Reply #484 on: February 13, 2020, 05:38:44 PM »
Cup win.

Controversial. I don’t fancy going through the relegation situation of selling our best players and facing possible FFP sanctions from the league. To win a cup that none of the top teams really rate. I was kinda hoping that in couple more seasons we’d have bigger fish to fry.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #485 on: February 13, 2020, 05:43:51 PM »
Cup win.

Controversial. I don’t fancy going through the relegation situation of selling our best players and facing possible FFP sanctions from the league. To win a cup that none of the top teams really rate. I was kinda hoping that in couple more seasons we’d have bigger fish to fry.

I'm with Drum,

anyway we win this cup get into the Europa league, win that
Then the year after win the champs league and no one gives a shit about another year in the championship when the players are drinking champagne out of old big ears....again

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #486 on: February 13, 2020, 05:55:56 PM »
There no guarantee those players will stay even if we stay up - but they might be more likely to if we can offer them European football.

Winning a cup at the beginning of March doesn’t send you down in May. I’d love to see us get this cup and strengthen our hand to keep hold of the players we want when we stay up.

Apart from anything else, it’s bloody ridiculous that Blues are the only team round here with a Cup this century. It’s against the laws of nature.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #487 on: February 13, 2020, 06:12:44 PM »
There no guarantee those players will stay even if we stay up - but they might be more likely to if we can offer them European football.

Winning a cup at the beginning of March doesn’t send you down in May. I’d love to see us get this cup and strengthen our hand to keep hold of the players we want when we stay up.

Apart from anything else, it’s bloody ridiculous that Blues are the only team round here with a Cup this century. It’s against the laws of nature.

Precisely. You don’t think global climate catastrophe and the rise of the far right are happening by chance, do you?

We need to win to bring peace to Earth.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #488 on: February 13, 2020, 06:33:00 PM »
Stay up

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #489 on: February 13, 2020, 06:53:31 PM »
Given the choice I would opt to lose the cup final 5-3 after extra time, and then go on to ensure our place in the premier league with a 5-3 win against Arsenal in the penultimate game of the season, followed up by a 4-0 win away at West Ham on the last day of the season, thereby sending them down and finally exacting an appropriate form of revenge for the FA Cup Quarter Final defeat in 1980.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 06:55:19 PM by Flamingo Lane »

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #490 on: February 13, 2020, 07:18:03 PM »
Does anyone know what the total sales figures are?

The general consensus is 30,000 - 12,000 last week and 18000 last night.

There's about 3,000 left.

There is about 1,500 left someone has counted them and put it on that AVFC Support twatter feed

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #491 on: February 13, 2020, 07:40:43 PM »
Stay up.
Probably for the first time in the history of me posting on H&V I find myself agreeing with Ads :) - it won't last
It has to be stay up.......however if we did win the cup that would surely boost the confidence of the players and club for the remainder of the season

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #492 on: February 13, 2020, 07:53:45 PM »

There is about 1,500 left someone has counted them and put it on that AVFC Support twatter feed

I counted earlier too - there are just under 1500 left. This isn’t going past the first set of claret members as far as I can see.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #493 on: February 13, 2020, 08:00:50 PM »

I counted earlier too - there are just under 1500 left. This isn’t going past the first set of claret members as far as I can see.
Does this mean we have more than 30000 ST holders?

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #494 on: February 13, 2020, 08:05:54 PM »

Does this mean we have more than 30000 ST holders?

No about 1,600 have gone to Staff, Sponsors, Hospitality, Players, Club Partners according to that AVFC Twatter Feed

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal