collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread  (Read 156811 times)

Offline Brassneck

Re: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread
« Reply #465 on: February 12, 2020, 06:06:08 PM »
Does anyone know what the total sales figures are?

The general consensus is 30,000 - 12,000 last week and 18000 last night.

There's about 3,000 left.

Offline claret+blue ed

« Reply #466 on: February 12, 2020, 06:14:58 PM »
I suppose any ST’s that are not going will have taken their tickets still and passed them on, was probably a bit of wishful thinking that not all 30k would have gone before it went to members

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #467 on: February 13, 2020, 09:31:59 AM »
I've e-mailed the club to ask but I wonder if anyone on here can advise in the meantime:

I've been to 7 games at home this season as a Claret Member (or will have after Spurs this weekend), Chelsea at home is about to go on sale so a ticket for that would be my 8th, would I then be eligible for a Wembley ticket in the 8+ games criteria? Or would I not be, due to the fact that the Chelsea game won't have taken place by the time we play Man City at Wembley?

Offline avfc456

« Reply #468 on: February 13, 2020, 09:34:35 AM »
Tweet AVFC support account, they are usually good at getting back to questions like that

Offline Towser

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #469 on: February 13, 2020, 09:37:22 AM »
I've e-mailed the club to ask but I wonder if anyone on here can advise in the meantime:

I've been to 7 games at home this season as a Claret Member (or will have after Spurs this weekend), Chelsea at home is about to go on sale so a ticket for that would be my 8th, would I then be eligible for a Wembley ticket in the 8+ games criteria? Or would I not be, due to the fact that the Chelsea game won't have taken place by the time we play Man City at Wembley?
I am sure someone asked them about Chelsea game and they replied that Chelsea will NOT count

Offline Towser

• GM : 09.06.2024

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #471 on: February 13, 2020, 01:23:00 PM »
It may have been mentioned earlier in this thread, not sure. If you had to choose relegation and win the League Cup or stay up and lose the League Cup final, what would you go for?

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #472 on: February 13, 2020, 01:34:17 PM »
It may have been mentioned earlier in this thread, not sure. If you had to choose relegation and win the League Cup or stay up and lose the League Cup final, what would you go for?

I’d normally say win the cup and get relegated as I take the old school view that it’s all about winning trophies, HOWEVER, due to the fact that relegation would ensure the departure of Grealish, Mings and McGinn I’m changing my answer this time to lose at Wembley and stay up.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #473 on: February 13, 2020, 01:39:57 PM »
Stay up all day long.  Times have changed - That cup has been devalued beyond return.  It will be a nice day out and all the rest of it but I'd sooner 3 points in the league.

I can't go through another 3 years of the Championship.  It would set us back years.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #474 on: February 13, 2020, 01:56:19 PM »
Why can’t we do both? I don’t see why it’s linked that winning a cup will mean relegation. I understand it’s a hypothetical question, but come on win and stay up!

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #475 on: February 13, 2020, 02:14:58 PM »
There's no decision to be made, we'll do both.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #476 on: February 13, 2020, 02:31:41 PM »

I am sure someone asked them about Chelsea game and they replied that Chelsea will NOT count

I thought that this kind of thing was normally games attended, rather than tickets bought

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #477 on: February 13, 2020, 02:36:40 PM »
Yes, hypothetical and in no way an assumption that it's impossible to do both.

I'm not totally sure myself but i think if you throw in that Grealish will be off either way (again i'm not saying it's certain to happen but could well if you believe the tabloids) i would then take the cup win i think. I know it's all about money these days but it's partly about me saying 'fuck that', and also about the fact that we haven't won anything for 24 years.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #478 on: February 13, 2020, 03:11:07 PM »
Yes, hypothetical and in no way an assumption that it's impossible to do both.

I'm not totally sure myself but i think if you throw in that Grealish will be off either way (again i'm not saying it's certain to happen but could well if you believe the tabloids) i would then take the cup win i think. I know it's all about money these days but it's partly about me saying 'fuck that', and also about the fact that we haven't won anything for 24 years.
I'd undoubtedly take staying up. 

You'll get people saying 'both' or 'it's not one or the other' but they kind of miss the point of a hypothetical question.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #479 on: February 13, 2020, 03:14:21 PM »

I thought that this kind of thing was normally games attended, rather than tickets bought

Yeah this is 100% the case. Spurs is the last game that will count towards it, I'm afraid.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal