collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread  (Read 156753 times)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread
« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2020, 01:57:12 PM »
there's a seat near me that no one ever sits in, for about maybe 8 years. We've enquired about it in the past trying to get it for friends etc. apparently someone down south keeps renewing. Surely the best way to secure a Wembley ticket :D

The bloke who has the seat two away from me probably only attends one game in three.

He never resells it or offers the seat to others in our section. If he's not there, it just sits empty.

This has been going on since the new TR was built

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2020, 02:10:20 PM »
I really don't see us having 28k members.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #182 on: February 01, 2020, 02:20:44 PM »

Probably over half of those are kids

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #183 on: February 01, 2020, 05:11:51 PM »

Either do i. 28k members and 30k st holders no chance.

No hope of winningvthis with garbage performances like today

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #184 on: February 01, 2020, 06:23:37 PM »
I think most claret members who want one will probably get one.  There could well be a 1,000 or so ST holders who don’t tale up a ticket and there will be plenty of claret members who don’t.  It will be tight, but if your a claret you’ve got a good chance

I'm not so sure on that.  I would think most season ticket holders would know somebody who'd want to go if they couldn't and would take their ticket.
You might want to revaluate that. According to AVFC support on Twitter, there are 28000 club members.
oh, for some reason I thought it was 8,000.  Yeah, if it's 28,000 you're all fucked ;-)

Online Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2020, 06:29:17 PM »
there's a seat near me that no one ever sits in, for about maybe 8 years. We've enquired about it in the past trying to get it for friends etc. apparently someone down south keeps renewing. Surely the best way to secure a Wembley ticket :D

The bloke who has the seat two away from me probably only attends one game in three.

He never resells it or offers the seat to others in our section. If he's not there, it just sits empty.

This has been going on since the new TR was built
Met a fella at the test match in Mt Maunganui once of Redditch and who lives in Hong Kong - keeps his ST and makes max 3 games a season

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2020, 06:59:53 PM »
If we see consistent shit like today leading up to final i dont think it will be that hard to get a ticket

Offline BlackCountryVilla

« Reply #187 on: February 01, 2020, 07:11:53 PM »
I think it is a bit optimistic to assume that a decent number of season ticket holders won't buy a ticket. I haven't heard a single one say they won't go.
There will obviously be a few who can't make it for whatever reason but I would bet that they have a friend / family member who can!
If I couldn't make it I know for a fact that I would pass my ticket on to someone.
I have a mate who lives in Yorkshire and he has a Claret membership. He did that to try and get tickets for games and he has travelled down to a few this season. He is hopeful of getting a final ticket and good luck to him.
It will be a scramble for the remaining 3000 or so and good luck to all!

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #188 on: February 01, 2020, 07:14:52 PM »
If we see consistent shit like today leading up to final i dont think it will be that hard to get a ticket

You're not going then?

Offline BlackCountryVilla

« Reply #189 on: February 01, 2020, 07:15:44 PM »
Really ??
Most tickets will be sold before we play again - we haven't got a game for 2 weeks!

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #190 on: February 01, 2020, 11:52:31 PM »

You're not going then?

Havent decided yet. Been to both play off finals, wembley vs liverpool and the final vs arsenal which wasnt fun.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #191 on: February 02, 2020, 08:18:27 AM »
I booked my travel yesterday. Really not sure if I'll get tickets as a member but if I don't there's a few of us in the same boat so can watch together somewhere in the smoke.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #192 on: February 02, 2020, 09:24:52 AM »
I booked my travel yesterday. Really not sure if I'll get tickets as a member but if I don't there's a few of us in the same boat so can watch together somewhere in the smoke.
Similar here - booked hotel but everything else depends on ticket and my health at the time - watched the play off final in the Arch Pub - it was mayhem

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #193 on: February 02, 2020, 10:14:18 AM »

You're not going then?

Havent decided yet. Been to both play off finals, wembley vs liverpool and the final vs arsenal which wasnt fun.

Don't bother.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #194 on: February 02, 2020, 10:59:27 AM »

You're not going then?

Don't bother.

Why ? Care to ellaborate?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal