collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread  (Read 156736 times)

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
Re: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread
« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2020, 06:25:12 PM »
There was no difference between the kids and adult tickets for the play off final and no one checking on the turnstiles.

Offline KRS

« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2020, 06:30:08 PM »
There is a fourth criteria on the list for ppl with 3+ games so may be they think there’s a chance for those that don’t have Claret membership...or just giving non Claret members false hope.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2020, 06:57:53 PM »
I also think season ticket holders in the cup scheme should have some sort of priority as well.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2020, 07:24:04 PM »
There was no difference between the kids and adult tickets for the play off final and no one checking on the turnstiles.

I know someone who bought a kids ticket off a tout and got in no problem.

Offline Sdwbvf

« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2020, 07:30:59 PM »
I also think season ticket holders in the cup scheme should have some sort of priority as well.

All season ticket holders will get a ticket if they want one. It's about not crashing the system. Two weeks to get your ticket in before Members sale. The members sale will be manic.

Offline Sdwbvf

« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2020, 07:36:12 PM »
There's a lot of it's not fair comments. I would love to go to more games but can't. I was going to go to the Sheffield United game but that's out now. Living in London, it would be great to get to some away games down here, but as a non season ticket holder I have no chance. That's the way it works. I don't complain about it, I just take my chances when I can. If I can get a ticket for the final I will, if I can't I'll watch on TV. Atmosphere isn't as good but at least its warm, the food and drink are cheaper and I won't have to queue at Wembley Park afterwards!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2020, 07:39:41 PM »
Makes no odds to me as I won't be going but it's obviously unfair that someone that is a claret member and done 10 games this season could miss out on a ticket while a claret member that has been to no games gets one.

Offline Sdwbvf

« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2020, 07:45:18 PM »
Are there any members with no games. It seems a waste of money to me. It's not like you get anything for your 35 quid apart from the ability to buy tickets first. The kids do better. They both like the ball anyway!

Online exigo

« Reply #128 on: January 31, 2020, 08:27:10 PM »
Seems a bit odd (unfair) that Claret members with zero games get the same treatment as those with a ticketing history.

Assuming they exist.

I know of at least one. He lives in America, and bought a membership knowing that he'd need it for any weekend he travelled back home wanting to get a game in.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #129 on: January 31, 2020, 08:41:44 PM »
Seems a bit odd (unfair) that Claret members with zero games get the same treatment as those with a ticketing history.

Assuming they exist.

I know of at least one. He lives in America, and bought a membership knowing that he'd need it for any weekend he travelled back home wanting to get a game in.

I have a mate that lives in America that does the same. Coming from Atlanta he's managed to do 5 homes this season and Watford and Burnley away.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #130 on: January 31, 2020, 08:43:55 PM »
Makes no odds to me as I won't be going but it's obviously unfair that someone that is a claret member and done 10 games this season could miss out on a ticket while a claret member that has been to no games gets one.
It's not obvioulsy unfair in my view.  Or no more so than a Claret Member getting tickets ahead of people with 15 games last year at least.  t's the basis Claret Memeberships have worked for the last few years and the basis they were sold on this year as Drummond says.  Changing the goalposts now would be unfair.

If it was made clear there would be a loyalty tier system before they sell Claret memberships next year, then that will be fair.

Personally I think they should probbaly scratch Claret Memberships next year, but that's another issue.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2020, 08:44:41 PM »
Good effort that.

There was a Southampton fan, still might be, that was a season ticket holder that flew to every home game from New York.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2020, 08:45:15 PM »
I am a claret member and have been to 3 games at VP this season.  I hope to get to 2 more this season if, that is, we have as many as 2 games being played at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.  I may be wrong, but I would kind of hope and expect that a claret member who has attended as many as 12 games at VP will have the 'momentum' needed to acquire a ticket for the final.  For me personally, as a claret member, were I to be given the choice of a ticket to the league cup final or a ticket to Villa v Sheffield United I would choose the Villa v Sheffield United game; and I for one don't anticipate wanting to apply for a ticket to the final.

If nothing else, I hope that meandering post will give the 12 game or so claret members a bit of cause for optimism of getting a ticket to the final. 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 08:46:46 PM by Flamingo Lane »

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2020, 08:46:08 PM »
Good effort that.

There was a Southampton fan, still might be, that was a season ticket holder that flew to every home game from New York.

Clearly had far too much money.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #134 on: January 31, 2020, 08:47:43 PM »
Yeah he can't have been short of a bob or two. Some level of dedication though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal