collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Watford Post Match Thread  (Read 39719 times)

Offline clash city rocker

Re: Aston Villa v Watford Post Match Thread
« Reply #330 on: January 22, 2020, 06:27:08 PM »
I tried to replicate Konza's goal at break today at work. My one leg slipped and think I have torn a muscle so not only am I in agony I  couldn't even do my planned celebration. The trials and tribulations of being a villa fan who is nearly 60. I fuckin love it.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #331 on: January 22, 2020, 06:39:57 PM »
I tried to replicate Konza's goal at break today at work. My one leg slipped and think I have torn a muscle so not only am I in agony I  couldn't even do my planned celebration. The trials and tribulations of being a villa fan who is nearly 60. I fuckin love it.

I’ve told you before Clash not to kick cabbages around the school canteen.
Still, your celebratory claret & blue dyed perm does make you the most fetching dinner lady on the block.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #332 on: January 22, 2020, 06:57:21 PM »
Working in Dublin and watched it with the Leinster Lions at Buskers where the roof went off on the 95th minute. Great spirit second half. It's all about results where we are at the moment, we shouldn't forget that.
Buskers is that in Temple Bar? Was in Dublin on Sunday and wanted to take my blue nose mrs in there.

Yes - on Fleet St. There is a dedicated area downstairs when Villa play.

I was in there for the Norwich away game. Phil who runs Leinster Lions is a jolly nice chap. Hoping to go back over at some point towards the end of the season.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #333 on: January 22, 2020, 07:03:41 PM »
Absolutely bloomin' wonderful last night. Up the Villa.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #334 on: January 22, 2020, 07:04:19 PM »
Watched highlights again, no way can you say for certain that's deliberate handball. The rules may have changed so it doesn't have to be deliberate to be a foul, but it still has to be deliberate to be a booking. His hand is by his side. Would have been a nonsense decision.

I'm surprised the twat didn't send him off.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #335 on: January 22, 2020, 07:10:45 PM »

Still, your celebratory claret & blue dyed perm does make you the most fetching dinner lady on the block.

I'll have you know purpletrousers that I may have lost half a yard of pace but any ball into the box always finds my head and  lands in the back of the net.Quality.  Dont understand why Dean Smith has never asked me to help out.

Offline colin69

« Reply #336 on: January 22, 2020, 07:13:46 PM »
Thought we played well last night without too much of a cutting edge. Every player gave their all and hopefully now we have a new striker we can kick on. Watford really were dismal though and their time wasting was almost as bad as QPR under Steve McClaren.
Great way to end a game and about time things went our way.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #337 on: January 22, 2020, 07:18:15 PM »
I'm another that doesn't mind Deeney and for all the reasons previously stated.  Wholehearted player.  A pity though that he didn't do what Luiz did as a goal celebration and jump into the Holte, they'd have torn him to shreds.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 07:20:02 PM by dave shelley »

Offline Davkaus

« Reply #338 on: January 22, 2020, 07:33:27 PM »
I think Deeney likes playing the panto villain - especially so against us. He took time out to speak to all the villa kids during his warm up. As genuine a Brummie fella as you would wish to meet. If it was not for his link with that lot we would all actually embrace hi

It'll take more than having a chat with some kids to make up for repeatedly kicking someone in the head while they were on the floor.

The guy's a scumbag, and it has little to do with his small heath association.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #339 on: January 22, 2020, 07:46:15 PM »
I think Deeney likes playing the panto villain - especially so against us. He took time out to speak to all the villa kids during his warm up. As genuine a Brummie fella as you would wish to meet. If it was not for his link with that lot we would all actually embrace hi

It'll take more than having a chat with some kids to make up for repeatedly kicking someone in the head while they were on the floor.

Sigh, that old chestnut. Don’t you believe people can pay their debts and change?

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #340 on: January 22, 2020, 07:46:47 PM »
I think Deeney likes playing the panto villain - especially so against us. He took time out to speak to all the villa kids during his warm up. As genuine a Brummie fella as you would wish to meet. If it was not for his link with that lot we would all actually embrace hi[/quote
It'll take more than having a chat with some kids to make up for repeatedly kicking someone in the head while they were on the floor

Who was that ?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 07:50:10 PM by VILLA MOLE »

Offline ExclDawg

« Reply #341 on: January 22, 2020, 08:00:44 PM »

I'll have you know purpletrousers that I may have lost half a yard of pace but any ball into the box always finds my head and  lands in the back of the net.Quality.  Dont understand why Dean Smith has never asked me to help out.

Maybe it's because you're a keeper? ;)

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #342 on: January 22, 2020, 08:28:45 PM »
Deeney can 0121 do one.

Thought the tempo was much better when we went to 1-1

Smith needs to sort out his best centre midfield pair.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #343 on: January 22, 2020, 08:49:48 PM »

That's a great photo which fully captures the moment of complete joy and utter despair. It doesn't even meed a ball or a clock to tell you what's happened.

Still smiling too.

I love the 4 villa players running in various directions and Watford frozen & broken. Poor chaps.
;)

Everyone bar Mings was running to celebrate with the “scorer” Konsa. Mints knew he had scored so was running to the fans to get the adulations. However I would argue that must be one of the best photos taken at a villa match since Weir was in his prime. *

* although Terry had to do that type of thing with film and older lenses of course as it is too easy now. 

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #344 on: January 22, 2020, 08:59:32 PM »

That's a great photo which fully captures the moment of complete joy and utter despair. It doesn't even meed a ball or a clock to tell you what's happened.

Still smiling too.

I love the 4 villa players running in various directions and Watford frozen & broken. Poor chaps.
;)

Everyone bar Mings was running to celebrate with the “scorer” Konsa. Mints knew he had scored so was running to the fans to get the adulations. However I would argue that must be one of the best photos taken at a villa match since Weir was in his prime. *

* although Terry had to do that type of thing with film and older lenses of course as it is too easy now. 

I love the fact that centre frame there’s a fella in The North Stand in a high viz jacket enjoying the moment!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal