collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 10:44:59 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by eamonn
[Today at 10:38:10 PM]

Re: FFP by AV82EC
[Today at 10:36:39 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:32:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:29:02 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:27:22 PM]

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Watford Post Match Thread  (Read 39720 times)

Offline lovejoy

Re: Aston Villa v Watford Post Match Thread
« Reply #315 on: January 22, 2020, 02:52:31 PM »
I think Deeney likes playing the panto villain - especially so against us. He took time out to speak to all the villa kids during his warm up. As genuine a Brummie fella as you would wish to meet. If it was not for his link with that lot we would all actually embrace him. I would imagine he will end up playing for them at the end of his career - well if they still have a club left  ;D

Reina - class, experience and coolness - could be a masterstroke

Guilbert - really like this guy - face swollen with an abcess but still battled like a trouper

Targett - really provided an outball and was one, if not his best game for us - great effort on goal to create the chance for Luiz

Mings - imperious

Hause - some heart in the mouth moments but last 15 mins threw his body in front of everything

Konza - As Hause but more composed at times

Drinkwater - some muppet was slagging him off by me from the first whistle - I am sure once he gets match fit he will be prove to be a big asset in the final part of the season with his experience alone

Jack - Was as we know him to be - unbelievable how strong he must be to take such a physical bashing every game - look at his shorts when he leaves the pitch they are filthy as he is put on the floor so much

Trez - Still for me the weakest part of the team and expect his place to be lost to accommodate Samatta

El Ghazhi - Worked his nads off for the team with very little service or support

Nakamba - MOTM - thought he was exceptional last night - maybe having the experience of Drinkwater next to him gives him more freedom to express himself

Luiz - Great impact and great goal  - you see glimpses of just how good he could be - time will tell (still not fully forgiven him yet for sucking up to Pep)

Vassilev - Very Weinmann in his approach - worked for the team without any real impact

Dean and the coaches - fair play to you - this is all about the team and unity and we have it in heaps. Everyone has the right attitude and fight about them - so very different to that shower of shit that got us relegated

Compare these quotes to the match thread.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #316 on: January 22, 2020, 03:01:17 PM »

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #317 on: January 22, 2020, 03:07:45 PM »

One that maybe I'm reading too much into but Smith & Terry never spoke the entire 90 minutes, Pearson stood alongside his No2 in the technical area most of the game our head coach and his assistant were incommunicado all game it seems.

Moderator have a word

?

Snitch.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #318 on: January 22, 2020, 03:09:25 PM »

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #319 on: January 22, 2020, 03:36:38 PM »

That's a great photo which fully captures the moment of complete joy and utter despair. It doesn't even meed a ball or a clock to tell you what's happened.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #320 on: January 22, 2020, 03:50:25 PM »
Foster appears to be looking at his balls thinking "I'm not quite happy with them on this part of the line, I think I'll move them 6cm to the right and waste more f-cking time"

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #321 on: January 22, 2020, 04:04:42 PM »

One that maybe I'm reading too much into but Smith & Terry never spoke the entire 90 minutes, Pearson stood alongside his No2 in the technical area most of the game our head coach and his assistant were incommunicado all game it seems.

Moderator have a word

?

Snitch.

:D

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #322 on: January 22, 2020, 04:48:10 PM »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #323 on: January 22, 2020, 04:54:39 PM »
I wouldn't start an argument with John Crofts, he'd batter the be-jaysus out of everyone on this forum.

I'd be more worried he might tell me some jokes.

Online Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #324 on: January 22, 2020, 04:57:42 PM »
It might be damp and miserable today but I'm still smiling after last night...

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #325 on: January 22, 2020, 05:06:27 PM »
I wouldn't start an argument with John Crofts, he'd batter the be-jaysus out of everyone on this forum.

I'd be more worried he might tell me some jokes.

He may have a joke so funny that if you read it you'd die with laughter...nods to Monty Python.

Online rougegorge

« Reply #326 on: January 22, 2020, 05:10:40 PM »
I think Deeney likes playing the panto villain - especially so against us. He took time out to speak to all the villa kids during his warm up. As genuine a Brummie fella as you would wish to meet. If it was not for his link with that lot we would all actually embrace him. I would imagine he will end up playing for them at the end of his career - well if they still have a club left  ;D

Guilbert - really like this guy - face swollen with an abcess but still battled like a trouper

Targett - really provided an outball and was one, if not his best game for us - great effort on goal to create the chance for Luiz

Mings - imperious

Hause - some heart in the mouth moments but last 15 mins threw his body in front of everything

Drinkwater - some muppet was slagging him off by me from the first whistle - I am sure once he gets match fit he will be prove to be a big asset in the final part of the season with his experience alone

Jack - Was as we know him to be - unbelievable how strong he must be to take such a physical bashing every game - look at his shorts when he leaves the pitch they are filthy as he is put on the floor so much

Trez - Still for me the weakest part of the team and expect his place to be lost to accommodate Samatta

El Ghazhi - Worked his nads off for the team with very little service or support

Nakamba - MOTM - thought he was exceptional last night - maybe having the experience of Drinkwater next to him gives him more freedom to express himself

Luiz - Great impact and great goal  - you see glimpses of just how good he could be - time will tell (still not fully forgiven him yet for sucking up to Pep)

Vassilev - Very Weinmann in his approach - worked for the team without any real impact

Dean and the coaches - fair play to you - this is all about the team and unity and we have it in heaps. Everyone has the right attitude and fight about them - so very different to that shower of shit that got us relegated

This is a good point. Being at the games, I would rarely post 'in flight', and the internet service  is poor anyway, but the difference after a win, and in particular a last-gasp win is striking. I suspect my own match thread comments would not have necessarily matched my post-thread ones. The result was everything.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #327 on: January 22, 2020, 05:18:13 PM »

That's a great photo which fully captures the moment of complete joy and utter despair. It doesn't even meed a ball or a clock to tell you what's happened.

Still smiling too.

I love the 4 villa players running in various directions and Watford frozen & broken. Poor chaps.
;)

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #328 on: January 22, 2020, 05:27:40 PM »
After hearing Mings post match interview, I think he was relieved that the ball didn't end up in the Holte after hitting him. Cracking photo.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #329 on: January 22, 2020, 05:48:53 PM »

Mings - imperious

This is a good point. Being at the games, I would rarely post 'in flight', and the internet service  is poor anyway, but the difference after a win, and in particular a last-gasp win is striking. I suspect my own match thread comments would not have necessarily matched my post-thread ones. The result was everything.

I agree, I try (and don't always succeed) to consider the posts on the match thread in the same way as I would the crowd in the ground, unless someone is obviously being a dick (we've all seen someone giving shit to one of our own players from the kick off) those comments should stay in there.

However I do have more of an issue with people leaving the match thread to go to player threads or the manager out thread and slag people when the game is still in the balance. I just don't see the point, the match thread is for venting during the game, keep it there and then take to the rest of the board after the final whistle. Aside from anything else it leads to some posts that look really silly the next day at times.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal