collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Watford Post Match Thread  (Read 39715 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: Aston Villa v Watford Post Match Thread
« Reply #270 on: January 22, 2020, 12:49:56 PM »

One that maybe I'm reading too much into but Smith & Terry never spoke the entire 90 minutes,

maybe a lovers tiff  because they massively hugged each other when we got the winner

Not true though, they were on camera talking to each other not long after Watford scored, just before half time. Terry was doing that 'covering his mouth' thing so he couldn't be lip-read, but it looked very much like he was pointing out to Dean an observation he'd made, and Dean appeared to be listening.

Online KRS

« Reply #271 on: January 22, 2020, 12:51:59 PM »
I think you need to step off your home made pedestal footy.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #272 on: January 22, 2020, 12:52:56 PM »
 :-X
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 01:42:00 PM by Vill I An »

Online KRS

« Reply #273 on: January 22, 2020, 12:55:11 PM »
Just ignore it then. You don’t have to comment on every post on here whether they are factually true or not.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #274 on: January 22, 2020, 12:55:13 PM »

One that maybe I'm reading too much into but Smith & Terry never spoke the entire 90 minutes,

maybe a lovers tiff  because they massively hugged each other when we got the winner

. Terry was doing that 'covering his mouth' thing so he couldn't be lip-read, but it looked very much like he was pointing out to Dean an observation he'd made, and Dean appeared to be listening.

but wasnt that JT saying what was wrong with my spaghetti the other night and I thought the garlic bread I did was amazing :)

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #275 on: January 22, 2020, 12:56:50 PM »
Was really pleased with that result. I thought we tried to play football throughout the game and sometimes that paid off, sometimes it put us in trouble but we dominated possession and got the result our performance deserved. I’ve been sat in the Upper Trinity this season and have a much better appreciation of what we’ve been trying to do than previously, this was a good performance.

Scores on the doors:

Reina - 8 - very good distribution and extremely calm and experienced.
Guilbert - 7 - I think he’s a bit out of form from how he started the season but contributed both offensively and defensively.
Konsa - 8 - a couple of “moments” but comfortable on the ball and stepped into midfield to good effect.
Mings - 8 - the rock, just love him, extra point for the answer to Geoff Shreeves in the post match.
Hause - 6 - he is solid defensively but unfortunately his distribution is woeful, still learning the game.
Targett - 7 - played well, always available and just needs to work on that final delivery which can be erratic.
Nakamba - 7.5 - still a bit panicky in possession but really did his job last night, much better.
Drinkwater - 6 - getting up to speed so one good thing is invariably followed by a bad one, better though.
Trezeguet - 6 - agree with the description earlier of him running about like a demented puppy to not a lot of effect.
El Ghazi - 7 - good work from AEG last night, never stopped running and tried his best as the main striker.
Grealish - 8 - the heartbeat of this team, carried the ball to good effect though did try too much himself on occasion.
Luiz - 8 - a goal, lovely passing and distribution and getting forward when needed, much much better. His speed of pass is soooo good.
Vassilev - 7 - ran around a lot, some good link ups and showed some good maturity.

The Crowd - 8 - average first half much better second half.

Smith - 7.5 - stuck to his 3-4-3 principles and its starting to work. We are still a bit open in the centre of the pitch but if we can keep possession as well as we did last night then it won’t be a major issue. Got his subs right as well. Pleased for him.

Watford - time wasting, fouling, cheating ******. Got exactly what they deserved for a display of Warnock, Pulis, Bruce, Allardyce style anti football. I haven’t seen that much time wasting since Colin  Wanker turned up with Cardiff and Grealish scored a last minute volley to win that one. They have some talent but you could see with Pearson his innate caution meant they didn’t try to kill us off. Let’s see how long he makes his new manager bounce last now.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #276 on: January 22, 2020, 01:00:09 PM »
I think you need to step off your home made pedestal footy.

No in dragging this forum along to standards and calling out bull shit. Obtuse thinking and any general poor attitudes.
Also hoping respect all around.
You're invited to do the same
I guess the JC Footy engagement is off then

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #277 on: January 22, 2020, 01:00:58 PM »

One that maybe I'm reading too much into but Smith & Terry never spoke the entire 90 minutes, Pearson stood alongside his No2 in the technical area most of the game our head coach and his assistant were incommunicado all game it seems.

I don't think you can read things very well
I'm sorry that is completely conjecture and absolute rubbish.
I saw very clearly on the TV last night JT and Smith in deep discussion hands over mouth .
The cameras showed it clear as.

I don't know what you're doing with your needless and unfounded speculation . Sane with your claims on Bowen being signed.
I respect your effort in going to games but I advise please be a bit more accurate with things 

I'm sorry until you improve I can't rate your posts as they are wildly inaccurate and need calling out.

JT was actually looking at Smith and running out to celebrate the goal!
There is no issue apart from your ocassional unsightly posts.
I mean this guy should get flak I get at least I don't go round making things up !!!
Unbelievable!
Moderator have a word - unfounded bull shit and like anyone believes you watched JT and Smith for 95 minutes than the game
Fuck sake.

Like I said a few days ago, have a lie down, maybe switch off the internet for a bit eh? Failing that get some help, seriously, get help.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #278 on: January 22, 2020, 01:05:44 PM »
How is Altidore getting on?

Online Legion

« Reply #279 on: January 22, 2020, 01:06:59 PM »
still buzzing after that winner

had such a shit day yesterday , to witness that , the emotions just came flooding out  at the end. My season ticket holder Auntie has just fell down the stairs with broken legs and bleed on the brain in the QE at the moment so that was for you auntie Denise.

Luis is gonna be a top player for us . just love his swagger and cheek , next season he will be a star.

The wingbacks so much better than the other two , both did good.

Nakamba was very good as was Pepe , massive signing and leadership there .

Hause wil be a great defender once he sorts out his passing.

Mings and Jack their usual selfs.

Trez I stil dont get him . 

We didnt work their goalie for a long time which was disappointing even thou we was the better team but the subs made a difference .
Just hope this gives us a massive lift now and with Samagoal can get a result at Bournemouth.

we can and will stay up....

Best wishes to your Aunt, mate.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #280 on: January 22, 2020, 01:08:03 PM »
I'm ignoring you like forever!

Is it just me who read this in the voice of an over privileged American Teenager?

Online Legion

« Reply #281 on: January 22, 2020, 01:09:16 PM »

Is he off your Christmas card list? Chill a little.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #282 on: January 22, 2020, 01:09:24 PM »
I really can't stand Pearson.  He's a thick-as-pigshit, passive-aggressive bully.  You can tell in his interviews that he's straining every fibre of his being to appear reasonable and considered, with his more sensible haircut and glasses, as you can almost see him counting to ten before answering questions. When asked last night if Mings should have been sent off, he said more than once that "it doesn't really matter what I think" when you could tell he wanted nothing more than to punch the interviewer in the face before staring madly at his blood-splattered nose shouting "sending off, you tell me now was it a sending off, are you a fucking ostrich?!!!!111111"  Wanker.

Yes! He is a fucking bellpiece. Well said, Risso.
Add me to the well said, Risso.I doubt if any of the press called him out on the blatant time wasting or the deliberate rotation of players taking out Jack.There were comments on a MOTD about Spurs doing the same to Traore.When will the refs take action to stop this type of anti-football ?
Anyway ,poetic justice was served with the timing of the Konsamings goal.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #283 on: January 22, 2020, 01:10:13 PM »
No flowers No Phone calls No Chocolates No Texts No Letters No contact nothing Nader it’s over 

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #284 on: January 22, 2020, 01:11:17 PM »
I remember being about 8 years old, playing under 10's footie with a full size Mitre leather football. Crossing the ball with accuracy and height was almost impossible with our tiny legs at that age.

What was everyone's excuse last night?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal