collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 09:32:44 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Watford Post Match Thread  (Read 39693 times)

Offline Holte132

Re: Aston Villa v Watford Post Match Thread
« Reply #255 on: January 22, 2020, 11:49:49 AM »
In the Upper Holte last night there was a chant of something that sounded like Salad Bowl. Anyone know what it really was?

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #256 on: January 22, 2020, 11:51:06 AM »
In the Upper Holte last night there was a chant of something that sounded like Salad Bowl. Anyone know what it really was?

Just guessing but was it Sama Goal for our new signing...?

Offline Diablo

« Reply #257 on: January 22, 2020, 12:02:12 PM »
just seen a video on twitter of McGinn, Hutton and what looked like Gabby all enjoying that last minute winner...

UTV
The Doc

Link?

Yes, please share

https://twitter.com/_joshavfc2000/status/1219904985510662144?s=19

That's brilliant! Even if it hurts to see McGinniesta still on crutches :(

So he won't be playing Tuesday night then.
Fingers crossed he can play in the final if we get there.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #258 on: January 22, 2020, 12:09:59 PM »

You were right first time. They were bemoaning the lack of vegetarian options available in the concourse.

Offline Holte132

« Reply #259 on: January 22, 2020, 12:19:05 PM »

Just guessing but was it Sama Goal for our new signing...?

That makes sense! Thought it might have been something to do with Samatta but couldn't think what. Why I couldn't rhyme bowl with goal I don't know.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #260 on: January 22, 2020, 12:24:24 PM »

One that maybe I'm reading too much into but Smith & Terry never spoke the entire 90 minutes,

maybe a lovers tiff  because they massively hugged each other when we got the winner

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #261 on: January 22, 2020, 12:28:20 PM »
just seen a video on twitter of McGinn, Hutton and what looked like Gabby all enjoying that last minute winner...

UTV
The Doc

Link?

Yes, please share

https://twitter.com/_joshavfc2000/status/1219904985510662144?s=19

cheers MattW as I have just been in a meeting so was unable to sort it out.

UTV
The Doc

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2020, 12:32:07 PM »
I really can't stand Pearson.  He's a thick-as-pigshit, passive-aggressive bully.  You can tell in his interviews that he's straining every fibre of his being to appear reasonable and considered, with his more sensible haircut and glasses, as you can almost see him counting to ten before answering questions. When asked last night if Mings should have been sent off, he said more than once that "it doesn't really matter what I think" when you could tell he wanted nothing more than to punch the interviewer in the face before staring madly at his blood-splattered nose shouting "sending off, you tell me now was it a sending off, are you a fucking ostrich?!!!!111111"  Wanker.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #263 on: January 22, 2020, 12:33:50 PM »
I really can't stand Pearson.  He's a thick-as-pigshit, passive-aggressive bully.  You can tell in his interviews that he's straining every fibre of his being to appear reasonable and considered, with his more sensible haircut and glasses, as you can almost see him counting to ten before answering questions. When asked last night if Mings should have been sent off, he said more than once that "it doesn't really matter what I think" when you could tell he wanted nothing more than to punch the interviewer in the face before staring madly at his blood-splattered nose shouting "sending off, you tell me now was it a sending off, are you a fucking ostrich?!!!!111111"  Wanker.

I agree with Risso, there I've said it.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #264 on: January 22, 2020, 12:36:41 PM »
still buzzing after that winner

had such a shit day yesterday , to witness that , the emotions just came flooding out  at the end. My season ticket holder Auntie has just fell down the stairs with broken legs and bleed on the brain in the QE at the moment so that was for you auntie Denise.

Luis is gonna be a top player for us . just love his swagger and cheek , next season he will be a star.

The wingbacks so much better than the other two , both did good.

Nakamba was very good as was Pepe , massive signing and leadership there .

Hause wil be a great defender once he sorts out his passing.

Mings and Jack their usual selfs.

Trez I stil dont get him . 

We didnt work their goalie for a long time which was disappointing even thou we was the better team but the subs made a difference .
Just hope this gives us a massive lift now and with Samagoal can get a result at Bournemouth.

we can and will stay up....

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #265 on: January 22, 2020, 12:37:08 PM »

I agree with Risso, there I've said it.

same here, I think he is just a more modern, potentially violent version of Colin Wanker or Pullis.

UTV
The Doc

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #266 on: January 22, 2020, 12:37:11 PM »

‘You need me on that wall’

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #267 on: January 22, 2020, 12:47:01 PM »
 :-X
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 01:42:25 PM by Vill I An »

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #268 on: January 22, 2020, 12:47:14 PM »

Yes! He is a fucking bellpiece. Well said, Risso.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #269 on: January 22, 2020, 12:47:56 PM »

One that maybe I'm reading too much into but Smith & Terry never spoke the entire 90 minutes, Pearson stood alongside his No2 in the technical area most of the game our head coach and his assistant were incommunicado all game it seems.

I don't think you can read things very well
I'm sorry that is completely conjecture and absolute rubbish.
I saw very clearly on the TV last night JT and Smith in deep discussion hands over mouth .
The cameras showed it clear as.

I don't know what you're doing with your needless and unfounded speculation . Sane with your claims on Bowen being signed.
I respect your effort in going to games but I advise please be a bit more accurate with things 

I'm sorry until you improve I can't rate your posts as they are wildly inaccurate and need calling out.

JT was actually looking at Smith and running out to celebrate the goal!
There is no issue apart from your ocassional unsightly posts.
I mean this guy should get flak I get at least I don't go round making things up !!!
Unbelievable!
Moderator have a word - unfounded bull shit and like anyone believes you watched JT and Smith for 95 minutes than the game
Fuck sake.

?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal