collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Run IN  (Read 23862 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: The Run IN
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2020, 11:20:40 PM »
How many 'MUST WIN' games have we had now and lost? can't fault the performance on Sunday but mistakes and inconsistent performances will see us go down

West Ham could be huge last game but i can see us both dropping with Norwich

There does feel like there has been a lot of ‘must wins’, but to be fair while we’ve obviously lost a lot more games than we’ve won overall, in terms of the must wins, it’s felt like they’ve evened themselves out. Xmas felt massive, we get mullered by Southampton and Watford but beat Norwich and Burnley. After the hiding to Man City we get a credible draw at Brighton and then beat Watford. Bournemouth hugely disappointing, Spurs most of us would of settled for a point I guess.

My point is I guess, we haven’t lost all of the games that felt must win, even though sometimes it feels like that. To me Southampton, Newcastle, palace are the games that now feel must win, but then we may not pick up points in some of those and get more unlikely results in others. I’m hoping we’re safe by West Ham...hoping!

The worry is we still have only taken one point from the top 6 whilst other teams around us have had a win or two against them, the annoying thing is we have done very well in most of the big games, spurs away,home , liverpool home but come away with nothing but a point against Man U

I understand the concern about our points total - because we don't have enough of the fuckers - but it really doesn't matter where they come from.

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2020, 11:56:37 AM »
I’m really hoping to get get points from Wolves Sheffield Utd Crystal Palace Southampton and Newcastle and one surprise result that could leave us with between 31 and 43 points fingers crossed its 5 wins and a draw

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2020, 05:47:24 PM »
I’m really hoping to get get points from Wolves Sheffield Utd Crystal Palace Southampton and Newcastle and one surprise result that could leave us with between 31 and 43 points fingers crossed its 5 wins and a draw

Given the form table I think beating wolves and sheff Utd might be surprise results! Hope your right though

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2020, 10:54:39 PM »
I am disappointed at the institutional negativity at H&V.

At the top of this page it says " Go Down".

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2020, 10:43:27 AM »
Aston Villa 7/4 to stay up with William hill
Aston to be relegated best odds 2/5 with Skybet.

Offline exigo

« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2020, 11:31:50 AM »

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2020, 11:57:24 AM »
I just putting here also some stuff I placed on the swing o metre thread.
The bottom 3 with 9 games remaining stayed the same last season so the Sheffield Utd match is a must win.
It will give us an edge and basically averaging at least a point a game I think would see us narrowly survive though it will be close. So to not be in the bottom 3 with 9 games remaining would enhance our chances.

A simple 3 wins equivalent won't be enough  - 9 points

I'm hopeful villa can get 10/11 just survive
The equivalent tally to our first 10 matches of the season with 3 wins and 2 draws in 10 matches.

12+ points and I think Villa will be safe !

Offline Damo70

« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2020, 03:54:28 PM »

Given the form table I think beating wolves and sheff Utd might be surprise results! Hope your right though

I think the break has been long enough for the form table to go out of the window. Whether that is a correct guess or not we are about to find out.

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2020, 04:43:34 PM »
I'm hoping to get something from the 4 teams who wont have anything to play for by the time we meet them - Arsenal Everton Palace and yes, Liverpool.

Wolves Sheff Utd Chelsea Man U all Champions League chasing.

Newcastle and West Ham relegation battling.

Its going to be tough.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2020, 05:20:36 PM »

300/1 to not lose a game in our reaming 10

Offline Cliftonville Villlain

« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2020, 10:48:49 PM »
We were in freefall coming into March and it wasn't looking good. It's been a long break, the players are ready to go and with Deans personal issues an incentive to win, I'd fancy us to stay up now starting with Sheff Utd. The league should've been scrapped for this year and I'm not just saying that because of where we were. It's only now I'm beginning to realise just how much money talks and how little the health and well-being of players means to those in power. So be it...Jack, Tyrone, John keep us up.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2020, 11:00:06 PM »
So true .
Great points would just like to add Samatta is a real goal getter and hopefully finds his fitness as looks well capable of hitting the net

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2020, 11:33:43 PM »
I have a weird feeling that we might do a Houlier/Gary Mac and end up way more comfortable than the rest of the season suggested. That's obviously a terrible omen.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2020, 05:21:20 PM »
What's our likely team going to be v Sheff Utd? From what I can recall of the game earlier in the season, it was a desperately poor game quality wise and we never attempted to play with the ball. Once they scored, we never looked as if we would have the gumption to get back in the game. I remember them looking to target poor old Targett all game with cross field diagonal passes to expose him and the lack of cover in front of him. Our lack of mobility in the middle a real problem too.

I think we should set up to match them anyway formation wise but with Engels as sweeper, not Mings. McGinn will come back into midfield but he has never been comfortable in a sitting role. Big decision then to bring Davis in up top to give us a physical presence or Samatta. Samatta is a classy player but Davis would be my choice for this one. Let's get McGinn and Grealish playing off him with Luiz and Nakamba under clear instructions not to get caught beyond the ball.

We can help ourselves by not considering jokers like Reina or Drinky for selection. The unfortunate reality is our team remains depressingly lightweight especially in midfield.

---------------Nyland
----Konsa, Engels, Mings
Guilbert, Luiz, Nakamba, Targett
-----McGinn, Davis, Grealish

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2020, 05:29:19 PM »
No Samatta?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal