collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Run IN  (Read 23859 times)

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
Re: The Run IN
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2020, 02:27:18 AM »
Bookies seem to think we'll drop, 2nd favourites now behind Norwich.

Offline KRS

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2020, 04:46:06 AM »
Southampton away is about as must win as you can get. The 4 teams around us all have tricky fixtures on paper so with the right results we could leapfrog Brighton into 15th on 28pts.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2020, 08:58:38 AM »
Win Saturday and I'll start to believe again, we simply have to put Sunday behind us.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2020, 11:43:40 AM »
I think all forecasts and predictions need to be classified pre/post McGinn. Him coming back could really make a huge difference.

I'm a bit worried about all this expectation being placed on him.

Yes it will be good to have him back as an option but we've seen many times it take a good six-eight weeks for players to totally get back up to speed after serious injury.

I don't expect him to turn into Drinkwater level fitness on his return but if he's back mid March I don't think he'll be at peak fitness until start of May when they'll only be three games left.

Still the sort who'll pop up with a vital goal or two in the run in.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2020, 12:28:05 PM »
Man saturdays game is huge. Absolutely massive. If we lose that it would be a bigger disaster than sunday.

It simply is must not lose. Time to drol this three at the back its shit and we concede goals for fun.

Go two at the back and stick a extra man in midfield.we look better that way. Drop hause and engels for mings and conor. Also take bloody drinkwater out!

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2020, 03:55:45 PM »
I don’t see how any one can predict any result except the obvious.
Almost Every game will be a lottery and we will give and create chances because it’s the way we play.
We are at a bigger disadvantage against teams prepared to sit in and counter.
Expect the same tactics displayed by all away teams and some at home because it works against us.
Smith does not believe in the idea that you have to be hard to beat to win.

I can’t predict very well otherwise I’d be incredibly wealthy which I’m not. However it’s part of the craic of being a football supporter, we’ll for me.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2020, 03:58:14 PM »
Not sure why some of you think 40 points may not be enough? 37/38 will be enough. Look at the table teams in relegation spots have less points than games played at 26. It’s not going to change dramatically over the last 12.

Completely agree with this. While referring to my other point above about predictions, I think 36/37/38 may be enough, especially when you look at the run ins of not only us, but Brighton, West Ham and Bournemouth. Predicting that Norwich are already down 😬

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2020, 04:21:08 PM »
I think all forecasts and predictions need to be classified pre/post McGinn. Him coming back could really make a huge difference.

I'm a bit worried about all this expectation being placed on him.

Yes it will be good to have him back as an option but we've seen many times it take a good six-eight weeks for players to totally get back up to speed after serious injury.

I don't expect him to turn into Drinkwater level fitness on his return but if he's back mid March I don't think he'll be at peak fitness until start of May when they'll only be three games left.

Still the sort who'll pop up with a vital goal or two in the run in.

I think this is the supporter law of the injured player which states that the longer he is away the better he becomes. As I recall many on here were calling for him to be dropped /rested before he got injured because he was so out of form ( albeit carrying an injury). I don't think we will be seeing the best of McGinn until next season whichever league we are in.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2020, 04:22:23 PM »
How many 'MUST WIN' games have we had now and lost? can't fault the performance on Sunday but mistakes and inconsistent performances will see us go down

West Ham could be huge last game but i can see us both dropping with Norwich

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2020, 04:26:44 PM »
We'll win them all obviously. What's that, 61 points? Should be enough.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2020, 04:29:31 PM »
Whoever we play we must tighten up our approach, far to open. Teams are finding it to easy to get in positions to hurt us. But we are at the back end of the season  and can’t see Smith et al sorting it out.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2020, 05:05:12 PM »
It'll certainly help if we show the passion we showed on Sunday in all the remaining games.
What we do not want is some of the listless games that we have seen this season (Bournemouth away, SheffU away, for example).

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2020, 05:20:36 PM »
The way our recent history has gone since I honestly think we'll go to West Ham on the last day needing to win. Play offs 3 years running.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2020, 07:25:42 PM »
How many 'MUST WIN' games have we had now and lost? can't fault the performance on Sunday but mistakes and inconsistent performances will see us go down

There does feel like there has been a lot of ‘must wins’, but to be fair while we’ve obviously lost a lot more games than we’ve won overall, in terms of the must wins, it’s felt like they’ve evened themselves out. Xmas felt massive, we get mullered by Southampton and Watford but beat Norwich and Burnley. After the hiding to Man City we get a credible draw at Brighton and then beat Watford. Bournemouth hugely disappointing, Spurs most of us would of settled for a point I guess.

My point is I guess, we haven’t lost all of the games that felt must win, even though sometimes it feels like that. To me Southampton, Newcastle, palace are the games that now feel must win, but then we may not pick up points in some of those and get more unlikely results in others. I’m hoping we’re safe by West Ham...hoping!

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2020, 11:02:24 PM »

There does feel like there has been a lot of ‘must wins’, but to be fair while we’ve obviously lost a lot more games than we’ve won overall, in terms of the must wins, it’s felt like they’ve evened themselves out. Xmas felt massive, we get mullered by Southampton and Watford but beat Norwich and Burnley. After the hiding to Man City we get a credible draw at Brighton and then beat Watford. Bournemouth hugely disappointing, Spurs most of us would of settled for a point I guess.

My point is I guess, we haven’t lost all of the games that felt must win, even though sometimes it feels like that. To me Southampton, Newcastle, palace are the games that now feel must win, but then we may not pick up points in some of those and get more unlikely results in others. I’m hoping we’re safe by West Ham...hoping!

The worry is we still have only taken one point from the top 6 whilst other teams around us have had a win or two against them, the annoying thing is we have done very well in most of the big games, spurs away,home , liverpool home but come away with nothing but a point against Man U

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal