collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Run IN  (Read 23852 times)

Online Demitri_C

Re: The Run IN
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2020, 08:14:11 PM »
Get that Sheffield united game rearranged for april when mcginns back. I think they are beatable once mcginn returns

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2020, 08:22:01 PM »
Get that Sheffield united game rearranged for april when mcginns back. I think they are beatable once mcginn returns

Quite a few on here mentioning sheff Utd, but the only teams that have lost less games than them are Liverpool, Man City, Leicester. Wolves and Arsenal (who have drawn loads). Unless they do have an end of season nose dive in form, I fancy us more to pick up something against Man Utd and palace at home, possibly a draw against arsenal and chelsea

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2020, 08:43:03 PM »
I don’t see how any one can predict any result except the obvious.
Almost Every game will be a lottery and we will give and create chances because it’s the way we play.
We are at a bigger disadvantage against teams prepared to sit in and counter.
Expect the same tactics displayed by all away teams and some at home because it works against us.
Smith does not believe in the idea that you have to be hard to beat to win.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2020, 08:47:40 PM »
What's the obvious?

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2020, 08:49:57 PM »

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2020, 08:58:21 PM »
I think all forecasts and predictions need to be classified pre/post McGinn. Him coming back could really make a huge difference.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2020, 09:13:31 PM »
A very loose way of looking at this in terms of form is to look at what we gained from the past 11 games, to try to determine stats wise, how this may impact upon us in terms of where we end and with what, of course there are a number of factors that come into play,  regardless of what we do we still manage to stay up, or indeed get relegated, example, everybody under us lose every one of there remaining games, we stay up regardless, that said as it stands from our own form, taken from the past 11 games we have won 3 games and one draw giving us 36 points, if that was to play out the same way, is 36 points enough, in my opinion not the way the bottom of the Premiership is shaping up this season, I think to get 17th place you will need at least 38 points, in which case all kinds of things are now starting to work against us and that little lack of concentration from Engles yesterday could well determine what league we are in next season. That said, massive massive if's and but's in all these kind of predictions. 

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2020, 09:16:17 PM »
I really see us struggling to get anything from Liverpool, Everton, Leicester and Newcastle away .....Arsenal, Chelsea,Man U at home
Leaving us having to struggle for points against Sheffield U, Palace, Saints ,Wolves and West Ham
It's looking a tough ask and may well go to the last game
I can't help but think that the two games against Bournemouth will be a contributory  factor to our fate

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2020, 09:22:03 PM »
A very loose way of looking at this in terms of form is to look at what we gained from the past 11 games, to try to determine stats wise, how this may impact upon us in terms of where we end and with what, of course there are a number of factors that come into play,  regardless of what we do we still manage to stay up, or indeed get relegated, example, everybody under us lose every one of there remaining games, we stay up regardless, that said as it stands from our own form, taken from the past 11 games we have won 3 games and one draw giving us 36 points, if that was to play out the same way, is 36 points enough, in my opinion not the way the bottom of the Premiership is shaping up this season, I think to get 17th place you will need at least 38 points, in which case all kinds of things are now starting to work against us and that little lack of concentration from Engles yesterday could well determine what league we are in next season. That said, massive massive if's and but's in all these kind of predictions. 

That's true, but we also have 3 wins and a draw from our last 8 games (instead of 10).  THAT form and average point accumulation over the next 12 games gets us to 40 points.

At this stage, we're capable of winning and losing just about every game still to play (except perhaps Liverpool). I still think we can get to 40 points, I'm just not yet 100% convinced it will be enough this year.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2020, 09:26:55 PM »

That's true, but we also have 3 wins and a draw from our last 8 games (instead of 10).  THAT form and average point accumulation over the next 12 games gets us to 40 points.

At this stage, we're capable of winning and losing just about every game still to play (except perhaps Liverpool). I still think we can get to 40 points, I'm just not yet 100% convinced it will be enough this year.

Indeed, technically its going to be that close, we must therefore be at a point whereby losing another point, could spell disaster, we are at that stage, Southampton is a huge game. Its tight and getting tighter by the minute.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2020, 09:43:41 PM »
Chelsea at home. Discuss. How to play that one I wonder?

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2020, 09:51:36 PM »
Its damn tempting to just say 'Go for it' but can we afford it, or, are we better playing for the point and hoping for the 3.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2020, 11:27:02 PM »
Its damn tempting to just say 'Go for it' but can we afford it, or, are we better playing for the point and hoping for the 3.

I wish our manager was more pragmatic. I wish he realised that draws are exactly what we need to be grinding out.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2020, 11:34:23 PM »
Not sure why some of you think 40 points may not be enough? 37/38 will be enough. Look at the table teams in relegation spots have less points than games played at 26. It’s not going to change dramatically over the last 12.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2020, 11:55:06 PM »

I wish our manager was more pragmatic. I wish he realised that draws are exactly what we need to be grinding out.

We've had quite enough of them, thanks.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal