collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mbwana Samatta. Sold. Puns still banned.  (Read 121686 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Mbwana Samatta. Sold. Puns still banned.
« Reply #885 on: September 25, 2020, 08:37:16 PM »
He seemed delighted being at the club, if a little overawed on the pitch, but honestly, Samatta (Two good finishes aside) ranks as one of the most puzzlingly hopeless players we've had at the club, along with the likes of Tonev and Salifou. One of those anomalies where you have to wonder how we could have scouted him a player who looks that poor. I just couldn't see any sign of potential at all, that he might come good. Even his supposed forte, heading the ball, after project restart he came back and his head had inexplicably gained the prowess of a 50 pence coin. Any time a football went near him he had all the skill and grace of a toddler chasing a beach ball around the garden. Good luck to him, hope he does well in Turkey (because unlike Tonev, at least he seemed decent), but he's a million miles out of his depth in this division. I know Wesley hasn't exactly set the world alight, but in a handful of games where he looked the part, you get the sense of what he might bring if he can fulfil his potential (and he's younger too).

Samatta is shit, but i have to say, if you're talking head like a 50p piece, then Wesley is equally guilty there.

Never seen such a tall, well built player be so utterly shit in the air.

Offline supertom

« Reply #886 on: September 25, 2020, 08:48:20 PM »
He seemed delighted being at the club, if a little overawed on the pitch, but honestly, Samatta (Two good finishes aside) ranks as one of the most puzzlingly hopeless players we've had at the club, along with the likes of Tonev and Salifou. One of those anomalies where you have to wonder how we could have scouted him a player who looks that poor. I just couldn't see any sign of potential at all, that he might come good. Even his supposed forte, heading the ball, after project restart he came back and his head had inexplicably gained the prowess of a 50 pence coin. Any time a football went near him he had all the skill and grace of a toddler chasing a beach ball around the garden. Good luck to him, hope he does well in Turkey (because unlike Tonev, at least he seemed decent), but he's a million miles out of his depth in this division. I know Wesley hasn't exactly set the world alight, but in a handful of games where he looked the part, you get the sense of what he might bring if he can fulfil his potential (and he's younger too).

Samatta is shit, but i have to say, if you're talking head like a 50p piece, then Wesley is equally guilty there.

Wesley could certainly do with some one on one training with Dion, if he can pull himself away from all those stairs leading up to the bedroom.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #887 on: September 25, 2020, 09:05:30 PM »

Indeed.  So it makes sense that we should have opted to go long as often as we did last season.  ::)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #888 on: September 25, 2020, 09:12:13 PM »
Paul Mortimer

Aye. A handful of games, flicks the V's to the Holte on scoring his first goal and see you later.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #889 on: September 25, 2020, 09:15:42 PM »

I never got that. Clearly Dean likes to have full backs and wingers cross the ball. It’s almost the one thing since he arrived he has committed to as his attacking philosophy. Yet while I accept Suso was head of recruitment he would have run potential new signings by the manager and board. At what point does it not become apparent to all concerned that this giant CF that they were about to lash out a record transfer fee on cannot head the football? Would that not have been the standout observation from everything they saw on film? It truly boggles the mind.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #890 on: September 26, 2020, 02:23:20 AM »
The two clubs have agreed a fee of £5.5m for Samatta's substantive transfer after that, which could rise to a maximum of £6.2m with add-ons, and Fenerbahce have announced they have agreed a four-year contract with the Tanzania captain.

You imagine they would pay a loan fee for this season too. A mill or two maybe.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #891 on: September 26, 2020, 06:38:54 AM »
The Graun transfer interactive says it’s a loan move to Turkey.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #892 on: September 26, 2020, 07:54:18 AM »
Did Neil Rioch only get a game or two?  Went on to become a tireless club servant off the field and all round good guy.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #893 on: September 26, 2020, 08:47:35 AM »
Gary Penrice didn’t play much did he? I can think of a handful of appearances back end of Dr Jo season and then one goal and a handful of games under BFR.

Frank McAvennie on trial - three appearances and one assist for Dalian vs Southampton.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #894 on: September 26, 2020, 08:51:36 AM »
Did Neil Rioch only get a game or two?  Went on to become a tireless club servant off the field and all round good guy.

According to Wiki Brian, twenty-two appearances and three goals over a six-year period.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #895 on: September 26, 2020, 08:54:39 AM »
we've had - and have - players who have been here for years who have barely played.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #896 on: September 26, 2020, 03:47:43 PM »
we've had - and have - players who have been here for years who have barely played.

Habib Beye, another of MON's 'kid in a sweet shop' signings.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #897 on: September 26, 2020, 04:01:29 PM »

That was a bonkers signing.

Signs player, sees him in training, decides he doesn't rate him, leaves him to sit out a 40k a week contract for two years.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #898 on: September 26, 2020, 04:44:54 PM »

That was a bonkers signing.

Signs player, sees him in training, decides he doesn't rate him, leaves him to sit out a 40k a week contract for two years.

He was mental.  Buy Davies and Cuellar, decide they were shit, so get Dunno and Collins to replace them.  Then gets a face on when the owner starts to query value for money.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #899 on: September 26, 2020, 04:50:10 PM »
And constantly seeing Luke Young on the bench was mind boggling deciding instead to play a CB there. He really did spunk away so much money and most importantly a real opportunity to make us a perennial top 6 or even CL position contender.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal