collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mbwana Samatta. Sold. Puns still banned.  (Read 121670 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Mbwana Samatta. Signed. Puns still banned.
« Reply #810 on: September 24, 2020, 09:13:26 AM »
Patently not good enough.

WTF was Suso thinking?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #811 on: September 24, 2020, 09:15:18 AM »

WTF was Suso thinking?

He really couldn't have ballsed the forwards situation up last season more if he'd tried.

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #812 on: September 24, 2020, 09:16:37 AM »
While it is perhaps a bit unfair to judge him on one very strange half season in English football, I don't think there's much about him (other than one decent goal at Wembley) to suggest he's going to turn into a Premier League quality striker. If we can get a decent portion of what we paid for him back then selling is logical.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #813 on: September 24, 2020, 09:21:37 AM »
I have no problem with him being sold, there doesn't look much there but I am fearful of going into the season short of goals again.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #814 on: September 24, 2020, 09:24:38 AM »
Well I haven't seen any confirmation from a reliable source that this is happening. Usually if a premiership transfer is happening you at least get a briefing from Man U letting the press know that they were never interested in the player.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #815 on: September 24, 2020, 09:29:50 AM »

WTF was Suso thinking?

Prior to lockdown I thought he seemed to be doing ok but after the restart he just did not seem up to it.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #816 on: September 24, 2020, 09:31:52 AM »
I have no problem with him being sold, there doesn't look much there but I am fearful of going into the season short of goals again.
Totally agree I thought we needed a great signing to compete with our current crop and we got that but if he goes surely we need another dynamic 9 and not rely on wingers scoring !?!? Curious if we’re left shirt again

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #817 on: September 24, 2020, 10:02:22 AM »
I know we need to trim the squad, but unless there's another striker up our sleeve then I'd prefer to keep him until at least Wes' return.

To be fair he looked bight when he first joined and judgng a player new to the country on 10 games after a 3 month lockdown is pretty harsh.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #818 on: September 24, 2020, 11:00:32 AM »
There are truly insane Samatta fans out there on Facebook, the same ones (presumably from his native country) who flooded our pages when we signed him and absolutely gushing over him - and now they are to a man offended and full of insults because we look like off loading him. One nonsense remark I read is how he saved our season. Yeah. Right. Ok.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #819 on: September 24, 2020, 11:04:29 AM »
Well to be fair he's saved this season. Smith wouldn't have bought a striker if he hadn't have stunk the place out.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #820 on: September 24, 2020, 11:45:56 AM »
If he goes out on loan or we sell him, can we start posting puns?

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #821 on: September 24, 2020, 11:53:12 AM »
There are truly insane Samatta fans out there on Facebook, the same ones (presumably from his native country) who flooded our pages when we signed him and absolutely gushing over him - and now they are to a man offended and full of insults because we look like off loading him. One nonsense remark I read is how he saved our season. Yeah. Right. Ok.

I don't know where we'd be without those two goals he scored in games we lost.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #822 on: September 24, 2020, 11:56:39 AM »
He started well and tailed off very quickly. He can’t be shit given his history and the goal in the cup final shows he has ability. But sometimes it doesn’t work. I hope he is a resounding success in Turkey and we are watching his be a success again in European competition. Good luck to him but it is best if we move on.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #823 on: September 24, 2020, 12:45:20 PM »
I know we need to trim the squad, but unless there's another striker up our sleeve then I'd prefer to keep him until at least Wes' return.

Traore played as a central striker for Lyon for a bit didn’t he? Maybe he would be the back up option.

The problem we have with moving players on is that most of the ones we would be happiest to see leave (Lansbury, Jota etc) probably don’t have anywhere near the interest as players like Samatta and Guilbert, who, while they would be more useful squad players, would enable us to generate some money by selling/loaning them.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #824 on: September 24, 2020, 12:48:15 PM »

I don't know where we'd be without those two goals he scored in games we lost.

Haha. His fans are beyond irritating. For a short period there were a number of them attacking Grealish on every twitter post for not passing. Bizarre.

He didn't pass to your precious Samagoal because he was pretty shit.

But good luck to him. If it's a loan, I hope he fires them in, comes back, and actually does something constructive.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal