collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mbwana Samatta. Sold. Puns still banned.  (Read 121613 times)

Online Demitri_C

Re: Mbwana Samatta. Signed. Puns still banned.
« Reply #615 on: February 16, 2020, 10:37:36 PM »
Samatta looks bloody good. No matter qhat division we are in next year keep him and get rid of wesley.

I think he will score shed loads in the championship he looks like a menacing pest

I'm more concerned with how many goals he will score in the Premier League.

My point being if we do go down he should be kept at all costs

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #616 on: February 17, 2020, 08:42:13 AM »
We have a good player here, seems to have good moves, awareness, looks like a very tidy signing to me.

Indeed, his decision making seems good, it looks like he has good "football brain".

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #617 on: February 17, 2020, 08:56:23 AM »
Thought he played really well yesterday. Quick and sharp, he gets about and gets into good positions too, was right on Alderweireld's shoulder for the first goal. He also held the ball up well and was no pushover in the air. I can't remember him giving the ball away and we looked less effective once he was off the pitch. Think he is more suited to the way we play than Wesley.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #618 on: February 17, 2020, 09:01:53 AM »
He's looked pretty promising in all his games so far and was very busy yesterday.  I'm looking forward to seeing what his finishing is like once he actually gets a few decent chances.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #619 on: February 17, 2020, 09:04:12 AM »
He's a good player, no doubt. If we do go down i would hope there will be something in place to say that he stays here next season and if so, and as long as he doesn't get a Kodjia type injury he would probably be the best centre forward in that league next season. If we stay up, he looks easily good enough for this league. We need to play the same formation as we have been but with the front three being a player in behind and a front 2. He'll look even better then and i still think Wes could be a good partner for him in that situation if he fully gets over the injury.

At the moment, i'd love to see Grealish get a proper 'free role' to play in behind 2 strikers and drift wide when appropriate.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #620 on: February 17, 2020, 06:33:39 PM »
He has a good first touch so holds play up well and picks a pass.  Also gets into good goal scoring positions.   Needs service, but will get a handful of goals before the end of the season I think. 

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #621 on: February 17, 2020, 08:52:25 PM »
Massive improvement on Wes

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #622 on: February 17, 2020, 09:08:18 PM »
Really liked the look of him yesterday. Lively, can do the hold up play but also much more instinct for getting into dangerous positions than wes. I think they could actually be a decent front 2.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #623 on: February 18, 2020, 08:59:45 AM »
Did well Sunday, still getting to terms with the PL, Saturday will be a massive game for him.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #624 on: February 18, 2020, 09:27:51 AM »
Looks good so far.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #625 on: February 18, 2020, 12:20:30 PM »
He's a good player, no doubt. If we do go down i would hope there will be something in place to say that he stays here next season and if so, and as long as he doesn't get a Kodjia type injury he would probably be the best centre forward in that league next season. If we stay up, he looks easily good enough for this league. We need to play the same formation as we have been but with the front three being a player in behind and a front 2. He'll look even better then and i still think Wes could be a good partner for him in that situation if he fully gets over the injury.

At the moment, i'd love to see Grealish get a proper 'free role' to play in behind 2 strikers and drift wide when appropriate.

I would expect him to stay if the worst happened.

If Fulham can get Mitrovic to stay down there which I didn't expect then we can tempt someone who is still largely unknown in this country.

Also on a bigger wage now than if he just moved back to Belgium or similar leagues so have to factor that in aswell.

Not worried about losing him at all compared to Grealish obviously and also Mings.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #627 on: February 29, 2020, 02:53:26 PM »
Seems a great man. All the comments below are from Tanzania, they love him. One comment rang true:

"A very hard-working player. Fancy him to succeed at Villa. Smith gotta find a way to get him more involved . he's been isolated upfront most of the time."

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #628 on: February 29, 2020, 03:14:24 PM »
I find way too often as a team opponents find a way to spread us way too easily. It leaves huge gaps between all three phases too often and we are exposed in attack and defence. Smith has to find a way to keep our shape much more compact and disciplined. It will provide us with more rigidity when defending and as the comment above suggests, not leave our lone striker isolated when we attack. And when as a team we do get spread out we then end up chasing the ball and become exhausted and exposed late on in games.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #629 on: February 29, 2020, 05:11:42 PM »
I find way too often as a team opponents find a way to spread us way too easily. It leaves huge gaps between all three phases too often and we are exposed in attack and defence. Smith has to find a way to keep our shape much more compact and disciplined. It will provide us with more rigidity when defending and as the comment above suggests, not leave our lone striker isolated when we attack. And when as a team we do get spread out we then end up chasing the ball and become exhausted and exposed late on in games.

I wouldn't have Trez or AEG timorrow, but I would have Jack playing close behind Samatta.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal