collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mbwana Samatta. Sold. Puns still banned.  (Read 121642 times)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Mbwana Samatta. Signed. Puns still banned.
« Reply #585 on: February 02, 2020, 06:53:59 PM »
I'm really pleased he's got his first goal for us I like the look of him.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #586 on: February 02, 2020, 07:45:24 PM »
Thought that whilst he missed a couple of sitters vrs Leicester midweek, he made some great runs across the box, the sort of runs big wes didn’t seem to understand how to make. Hopefully the goal yesterday will give him confidence and we can get 6 or 7 goals out of him, could make all the difference

I get what you’re saying, and don’t disagree with the general point, but 6/7 goals would be a very impressive return given it means basically a goal every other game.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #587 on: February 03, 2020, 01:10:07 AM »
Thought that whilst he missed a couple of sitters vrs Leicester midweek, he made some great runs across the box, the sort of runs big wes didn’t seem to understand how to make. Hopefully the goal yesterday will give him confidence and we can get 6 or 7 goals out of him, could make all the difference

I get what you’re saying, and don’t disagree with the general point, but 6/7 goals would be a very impressive return given it means basically a goal every other game.

As long as they aren't all consolations like Saturday's one.

Offline kieron

« Reply #588 on: February 03, 2020, 08:55:26 AM »
https://twitter.com/Samagoal77_/status/1224215281519775745

Google Translate:

"Football fans in Tanzania know that you love your boy and that I want to make my new team vzr ktk, but I beg you to stop making derogatory or negative comments on ac / teams or players, personally I am not happy."

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #589 on: February 03, 2020, 09:11:57 AM »
What I liked was when Grealish picked the ball up for the chance that went through the keepers legs, as soon as Jack got the ball Samatta absolutely bust a gut to pull away and find a position in the penalty area for a cross. Wesley would have stood there staring or limbered casually to the edge of the box.

He is hungry for goals and picks up the right positions to find them.
I'm not a fan of Wesley, but it's a bit unfair predicting what he 'may' have done when he's hobbling about on crutches and not able to do anything to prove you wrong.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #590 on: February 03, 2020, 10:31:53 AM »
He just looks a lot more mobile and hungry to get into good positions than Wesley did.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #591 on: February 03, 2020, 11:15:38 AM »
Extremely poor from recruitment if as is suggested he was on the radar in the summer but they decided Wesley was the better bet as a lone striker....  it beggars belief.

We've signed him.

We don't know what the position was in the summer. Maybe he wasn't available but is now, maybe he was too expensive but now we're forced to cover for Wesley. Maybe lots of different things. Maybe he was on the radar, maybe he wasn't.

But criticising the club for not signing a player, that none of us had heard of, earlier is daft.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #592 on: February 03, 2020, 11:21:53 AM »
He's got pace, he's instinctive, he seems to find the right space to play in and he's got a good football brain. I hope the rest of the team (esp. Jack, Anwar and perhaps Doug)can develop good on-field relationships with him quickly because if they play the right through balls, he will find them and hurt the opposition.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #593 on: February 03, 2020, 11:31:04 AM »
He seems like a utter pest. I really like the look of him. He looks great in the air with his head as well something we have lacked from a striker for years. Also like that he has a exceptional first touch.

I must admit he looks a lot better than wesley. But i think play wes behind samatta and we have a good partnership in the making next ywar

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #594 on: February 03, 2020, 12:08:44 PM »
What I liked was when Grealish picked the ball up for the chance that went through the keepers legs, as soon as Jack got the ball Samatta absolutely bust a gut to pull away and find a position in the penalty area for a cross. Wesley would have stood there staring or limbered casually to the edge of the box.

He is hungry for goals and picks up the right positions to find them.
I'm not a fan of Wesley, but it's a bit unfair predicting what he 'may' have done when he's hobbling about on crutches and not able to do anything to prove you wrong.

He had the previous 20+ games to prove me wrong, he's looked shite.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #595 on: February 03, 2020, 12:11:45 PM »
Wesley will rip the championship up next season.

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #596 on: February 03, 2020, 01:00:01 PM »
Wesley will rip the championship up next season.
Who we selling him to? Winky thing.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #597 on: February 03, 2020, 01:50:47 PM »
What's this about Mbwana posting on social media that he's not happy with his Tanzanian fans abusing the players and the club and imploring them to stop?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #598 on: February 03, 2020, 01:55:28 PM »
Some of the new Tanzanian supporters on the FB pages are idiots, criticising Jack for not passing to him enough.

My Tanzanian is a little rusty so I can t say if he has asked them to stop.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal