collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pepe Reina: Signs for Lazio  (Read 44023 times)

Offline sid1964

Re: Pepe Reina
« Reply #255 on: May 07, 2020, 06:32:53 AM »
You can add Managers / CEO's into the high turn over as well as players - in truth it has been a disaster, the money we have wasted over the last 10 years is incredible.

It is easy to see why we continually struggled and eventually got relegated and our struggles after that.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #256 on: May 07, 2020, 01:05:37 PM »
You are always going to waste money when you are thinking short term.  Fans want things quickly and put pressure on their club to spend money.  The clubs put pressure on themselves chasing few positions in competition with others.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #257 on: May 07, 2020, 02:37:59 PM »
Games he played:

Brighton-Arguably could've done better for the goal but made really good late save to get us the point.

Watford- Pretty good. Made a key double save at 1-0 down.

Bournemouth- At fault for one of the goals. We were terrible for an hour anyway.

Spurs- MOTM.

Southampton- one reckless charge outside his box that got a yellow. Out of position for second but we needed a goal so had no issue with him going up for the corner.

Leicester- O.k not arguing this one!

It's pretty rare you get the first two keepers injured at same time (last time it happened we got in Gabor Kiraly of course) so had no issue with the club getting him in unlike Drinkwater given his pedigree.

Offline villainabroad

« Reply #258 on: May 24, 2020, 06:11:28 PM »
I understand players sometimes speaking out about things that upset them. I understand everyone is entitled to their own political views. But right now - getting overshadowed by the sh*tshow in London - Pepe is tweeting some stuff which I don't particularly like being associated with our club. The sooner he leaves Villa the better.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #259 on: May 24, 2020, 06:31:02 PM »
What's he said?

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #260 on: May 24, 2020, 07:05:34 PM »
Not a lot.

Offline villainabroad

« Reply #261 on: May 24, 2020, 07:33:52 PM »
What's he said?

It's his tweets of support for a party in Spain which is not the sort of party that values the kind of diversity and acceptance that Villa stand for as a club. I wonder how Pepe would feel about wearing rainbow laces?

As a club, we're clear where we stand.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/12/05/rainbow-laces

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #262 on: May 24, 2020, 08:34:28 PM »
Which party? I can't see that he has said anything except for a post about people being out and about (I can't tell whether he is condemning them or supporting them) and a load of Liverpool stuff.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #263 on: May 24, 2020, 10:44:16 PM »
Just checked there, and the party is apparently called Vox. He was criticised by a spanish rapper for tweeting in support of their anti-lockdown campaign, which itself is fucking moronic from someone who seems to have suffered pretty severely from the disease.
I don't know if his views extend to the sort of bigotry suggested by villainabroad, but if they do then, yes, he would deserve a lot of criticism and I wouldn't want him playing for the club.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #264 on: May 24, 2020, 11:00:34 PM »
Thanks, I couldn't tell if he was having a go at people for breaking lockdown or celebrating them doing so, and Google Translate didn't help.

Offline villainabroad

« Reply #265 on: May 25, 2020, 02:43:34 PM »
Thanks Ger Regan - yep, that's the party. Really controversial for many in Spain, and this organising a demo which broke the lockdown (which Pepe was supporting in one of his latest tweets) is arguably a lot less controversial than other stuff they're going on about. They want to stop equal rights (e.g. stop gay marriage, which has been legal there for about 15 years) and also want to get rid of a law supporting women who suffer from domestic violence - difficult to overstate how much of a problem domestic violence is in Spain.

I say 'controversial for many', but of course there are thousands and thousands (probably millions) who don't consider it controversial, and Pepe's entitled to his opinion. He doesn't need to broadcast it so blatantly though. It p1sses me off to see him doing that on the same page where there's a pic of him wearing a villa top. If Jack or someone had tweeted the kind of support Pepe's done for a leader of a party like Vox in Britain he'd have been slapped down by everyone. But Pepe seems to have got away with it because it's all in Spanish.

Tyrone tweeted something vaguely political the other day you could argue, but that has got nothing on the people Pepe's supporting. He gives out a really dodgy vibe to me by doing so.

Not too keen on all the scouse love either!!

Offline geolex

« Reply #266 on: May 27, 2020, 06:59:24 AM »
Games he played:

Brighton-Arguably could've done better for the goal but made really good late save to get us the point.

Watford- Pretty good. Made a key double save at 1-0 down.

Bournemouth- At fault for one of the goals. We were terrible for an hour anyway.

Spurs- MOTM.

Southampton- one reckless charge outside his box that got a yellow. Out of position for second but we needed a goal so had no issue with him going up for the corner.

Leicester- O.k not arguing this one!

It's pretty rare you get the first two keepers injured at same time (last time it happened we got in Gabor Kiraly of course) so had no issue with the club getting him in unlike Drinkwater given his pedigree.

so to sum up 2 good games  and 4 dodgy ones ... as for sending him up when we needed  goal at Soton his record is 623 league apps  0 goals

Premier league alone its  291 apps 0 goals and 4 assists  1 own goal.... clutching at straws at bit

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #267 on: May 27, 2020, 09:44:49 AM »
Any player that doesnt have a future with us post summer should not be playing in our survival bid. I have to question how much Reina actually gives a toss. Were probably a shop window for him to get a few year deal at someone in the summer.

Stick to Nyland

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #268 on: May 27, 2020, 05:18:45 PM »
Well yes, but surely if he’s wanting to put himself in the shop window he’s going to be motivated to play well?

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #269 on: May 27, 2020, 08:24:48 PM »
Shouldn’t his own self respect, and the fact he’s being paid to do a job, be the only motivation he requires to play well?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal