collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 261126 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Micah Richards - Released
« Reply #2505 on: May 26, 2020, 04:04:07 PM »
I often wonder if instead of appointing Garde a Pulis/Allardyce type would have kept us up. A lot of people talk about how good some of the players were on paper and went on to be elsewhere. But they didn't do it for us that season. It reminds me a bit of 1985-1987. I always thought that on paper the squad that finished bottom in 1987 was better than the squad that finished 16th and stayed up in 1986.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2021
« Reply #2506 on: May 26, 2020, 05:52:23 PM »
I think the Watford game at home where we actually played okay and still managed to lose 3-2 was when I knew for certain we were down.

Until then I kept telling myself "we string two wins in a row together and you never know". That's when I gave up.

I was at that game, my birthday and you're correct we didn't play too badly and it was looking good for us until their goalkeeper Gomes got injured and he was down for a very long time.  We never got our momentum back afterwards.  It was then I knew we'd had it and iirc, I mentioned it to Cheltenham Lion in a conversation we had later.

Offline danno

« Reply #2507 on: May 28, 2020, 10:10:39 AM »
Sorry to bump this but I've seen the Leicester defeat mentioned a few times as a crucial turning point for both sides and I just think it's completely bogus.

They ended the previous season as the form team in the division 7 wins 1 draw 1 defeat from their last nine league games.  As for the game against us they won 1 of their next 4 league games.

It was definitely a crucial point in our season, but I doubt you'll find many Leicester fans who share that view.

And I really scoff at the idea that a team with a spine of Schmeichael Huth Kante and Vardy would have tailspinned if we'd won that game.

Or that a team with a centre back pairing of Lescott and Richards wouldn't have eventually found itself 15th or lower.

Get in a time machine bribe the referee, we were still going down that season because individually collectively (all the lees!) that team was utter garbage.

Sorry rant over.

Offline Vill I An

• Hope we stay Premier league !
« Reply #2508 on: June 17, 2020, 11:41:25 PM »
To be fair to Micah  he was speaking well today on Football and society matters on sky sports
Fair play to him on his comments today I say

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal