collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Aston Villa Manager  (Read 55946 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Next Aston Villa Manager
« Reply #375 on: December 29, 2019, 11:33:18 PM »
It's a disgrace. I think my nan might be the only person in Birmingham who still buys the paper version. It's just an online "service" which operates on the basis of clicks for trolling.
I believe it  is a "sister" paper of the Liverpool Echo ( Mirror Group) which is equally as poor - in paper or on -line formats.
As you rightly state it's all click bait nonsense
Having said that, despite living on Merseyside since 1995 I get my "fill" of Brum related " news" via the Meaning Evil site :(

You only need the "Birmingham News" thread in Off Topic. If it doesn't get mentioned in there, it isn't worth mentioning. 😊

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #376 on: December 29, 2019, 11:38:52 PM »
It's a disgrace. I think my nan might be the only person in Birmingham who still buys the paper version. It's just an online "service" which operates on the basis of clicks for trolling.
I believe it  is a "sister" paper of the Liverpool Echo ( Mirror Group) which is equally as poor - in paper or on -line formats.
Having said that, despite living on Merseyside since 1995 I get my "fill" of Brum related " news" via the Meaning Evil site :(

You only need the "Birmingham News" thread in Off Topic. If it doesn't get mentioned in there, it isn't worth mentioning. 😊
You mean Percy`s Paper ? ;)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #377 on: December 29, 2019, 11:39:38 PM »
I can understand people still fully backing DS, but i'll never understand saying keep him regardless and I certainly hope the club don't have that mentality.
sure, if people believe he can turn it round then i respect that.
Watford pushed a lot of people over the edge, it was an absolute shambles.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #378 on: December 29, 2019, 11:43:51 PM »

I think you mean "Stephen" 😁

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #379 on: December 29, 2019, 11:48:26 PM »

I think you mean "Stephen" 😁
He will always be " Steve" to me !!
I've not seen him for a while - how is he?
We share similar tastes in music and the opposite sex ;)

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #380 on: December 30, 2019, 02:48:56 AM »
Does anybody think Grealish will go at the end of the season regardless of which division we’re in?
don’t think he necessarily will go, but of course he could. Many factors will affect it though which are as yet unknown. His attitude for the rest of the season, being a big one. If he carries on down the petulant route, that may put some of the top clubs off paying top dollar for him. If he does want to go to a top club, his best bet is to do his best and make people take notice for the right reasons, even if it means we only manage to scrape survival. Other factors obviously are who we sign in the window, the managerial situation and Grealish’s relationship with the supporters. One thing I do think is that I doubt we can rely on his blind loyalty for too much longer. He’ll think that he could’ve gone before start of last season- he was a big part of promotion (and assuming we stay up, just) he’ll probably have played a big part in that, so may feel he’s paid his dues and can leave with a clear conscience. If we improve and have a reasonable finish (big if) he may think it’s worth another crack next season.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #381 on: December 30, 2019, 03:50:59 AM »
The River Plate manager was talked up before the Libertadores final whilst at the same time implying he was ready to leave and look for a challenge in Europe.  He has any impressive CV but we’d have very little PL experience within the club.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #382 on: December 30, 2019, 06:54:16 AM »
The River Plate manager was talked up before the Libertadores final whilst at the same time implying he was ready to leave and look for a challenge in Europe.  He has any impressive CV but we’d have very little PL experience within the club.

I think that would be a huge gamble tbh. If we are going to go for a European coach has to be someone experienced.

I dont want any flops like hughes, pardew, or even worse candleface.

Someone like jardim would be good.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #383 on: December 30, 2019, 06:55:40 AM »

I think that would be a huge gamble tbh. If we are going to go for a European coach has to be someone experienced.

I dont want any flops like hughes, pardew, or even worse candleface.

Someone like jardim or villas-boas would be good.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #384 on: December 30, 2019, 07:53:06 AM »
it's beginning to look like he is going nowhere. Until Wednesday at least.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #385 on: December 30, 2019, 08:30:24 AM »

No wonder you get a bit down in the dumps about us!

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #386 on: December 30, 2019, 08:57:49 AM »
I cannot believe you lot are onto this thread.

I'd rather go down with Smith than sack him, to be honest - and I'm confident the club share that mentality.

If you've paid attention to any of Purslow's interviews, you'd know that we've begun a long-term project, with Smith at the heart of it.

We need some key additions in January and a plan B, not another several years of managerial roundabout.

Agreed
I bought into the long term project idea because I was fed up of Aston Villa being on the bloody managerial merry go round for years on end.

Haven’t you seen that there is no plan B?

Haven’t you seen there is no reaction to events in the pitch?

Haven’t you seen our key player played out of position to the point of it frustrating him?

If you are looking forward to relegation with Smith in charge, then you are looking forward to relegation with our best midfielders in a long time leaving us.

Precisely, all of the same problems existed in the championship. This isn’t a new set of issues, they’re the same issues that were repeated week in, week out last season before he had a player who was way too good for the division come back and save him. If he had made tactical alterations or changes when we needed him to before Derby at home fair enough, but he did nothing. Just having Grealish available from then on masked all of Smiths weaknesses and he got out of jail. Smith gets a huge amount of credit when he actually didn’t really do very much. If Grealish had been out for the rest of last season, the dross that was served up from Leeds at home onwards would have carried on until the end of the season because there was no evidence of whatsoever of Smith having any idea of what to do. Basically exactly the same as what is happening now.

It’s worth giving a manager time if you’ve got the right one. Dean Smith most definitely is not the right one

I agree that even though we ended up getting promoted and that was fantastic, there was a nagging feeling about those few months when Grealish was out injured and how poor we were at times during that period.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #387 on: December 30, 2019, 10:04:57 AM »
I think they will give him to city game tbh.

If there is a zero points return then i dont see how he can stay

Conceding 6 and scoring 1 against Southampton and watford is totally unacceptable

Offline TonyD

« Reply #388 on: December 30, 2019, 06:01:00 PM »
Marcelo Gallardo

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #389 on: December 30, 2019, 07:01:26 PM »
Marcelo Gallardo

There's a reason he dismissed links earlier this month about joining Barca, he's holding out for the Villa job.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal