collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 10:04:08 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:55:30 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:53:19 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 09:47:38 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:53 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 09:46:25 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 09:45:15 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Aston Villa Manager  (Read 55928 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: Next Aston Villa Manager
« Reply #240 on: December 28, 2019, 10:54:18 PM »
Can we put the Poch thing to bed please. He wants to go to a club that will win him a trophy. Sadly that is not us at the moment.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #241 on: December 28, 2019, 10:54:43 PM »
The possibility of Pochettino’s arrival will continue to loom over Solskjaer but according to the Sunday Express, a clause in the Argentine’s deal could hold up his potential move to Old Trafford.

The report claims that Pochettino would have to repay his £12.5 million compensation pay-off to Spurs if he agreed to manage another Premier League team before the end of the season.

It probably is bollocks though, I mean if you sack someone how can you then dictate what job they take next?  I've certainly not heard of it before.
It could be a compensation clause but I doubt it is anything like reported.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #242 on: December 28, 2019, 10:55:14 PM »
Yeah imagine thinking you could take one of the wealthiest clubs on the planet to a trophy, when only giants like Wigan, Swansea and Small Heath have managed in recent years.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #243 on: December 28, 2019, 10:57:06 PM »
Chris Wilder. He's doing the business

Chris Wilder is what we all hoped to get with Dean Smith. Fan of the club. Up and coming manager. Zero fucks given when playing against supposedly bigger teams. Instead we have a bloke who’s becoming a delusional coward.
Why the fuck is he a coward?  I hate how that gets thrown about in here.  He's just a decent championship manager trying to find his feet in the hardest league in the world.  Stop calling him a coward you ungrateful ...

Ungrateful what? Show me professionally where he is being brave? Where he is sending his teams out to attack and take the game to the opponent. We just came off playing those world beaters; Southampton, Norwich and Watford. But for some world class keeping and a miraculous goal line clearance we would have lost all three. We were outplayed in all three. The possession and shot stats against us were fucking embarrassing. So professionally he’s a coward and not the brave manager we thought we were getting. And delusional. Listen to his press conferences. Any of them recently. How about a look in the mirror? It’s never, ever him. It’s always the ref, VAR, the players etc etc. It’s the definition of delusion when everyone else sees something completely differently. He’s a couple of defeats short of a full Paul Lambert at this stage.

I don’t want him fired. But it needs to be done because he’s become delusional and he’s lost his fucking balls as a manager.
The fact he’s struggling to get his system to work does not. AMS him a coward.

We all knew from day one the recruitment team left him with a hopelessly light weight forward line.  Even if Wesley hadn’t been shit it was paper thin.  Add to that two of our best three players are injured and the rest of the squad was cobbled together from all over Europe.

He’s not a coward, he’s just struggling.  Why you have to lay on the hyperbole is beyond me, it’s almost like you enjoy it.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #244 on: December 28, 2019, 10:58:18 PM »
The possibility of Pochettino’s arrival will continue to loom over Solskjaer but according to the Sunday Express, a clause in the Argentine’s deal could hold up his potential move to Old Trafford.

The report claims that Pochettino would have to repay his £12.5 million compensation pay-off to Spurs if he agreed to manage another Premier League team before the end of the season.

It probably is bollocks though, I mean if you sack someone how can you then dictate what job they take next?  I've certainly not heard of it before.

Chelsea did it when they sacked Mourinho mid season.

You also have terms of dismissal when managers still get paid their weekly salary until they get another job (or until the end of the season) so that's why many managers take a few months in the sun and are in no rush to get back into the pressure cooker.

Pochettino isn't coming here. If we couldn't attract a world class manager when we were consistantly finishing 6th in the league we won't now even if we have good intentions.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #245 on: December 28, 2019, 11:03:04 PM »
Chris Wilder. He's doing the business

Chris Wilder is what we all hoped to get with Dean Smith. Fan of the club. Up and coming manager. Zero fucks given when playing against supposedly bigger teams. Instead we have a bloke who’s becoming a delusional coward.
Why the fuck is he a coward?  I hate how that gets thrown about in here.  He's just a decent championship manager trying to find his feet in the hardest league in the world.  Stop calling him a coward you ungrateful ...

Ungrateful what? Show me professionally where he is being brave? Where he is sending his teams out to attack and take the game to the opponent. We just came off playing those world beaters; Southampton, Norwich and Watford. But for some world class keeping and a miraculous goal line clearance we would have lost all three. We were outplayed in all three. The possession and shot stats against us were fucking embarrassing. So professionally he’s a coward and not the brave manager we thought we were getting. And delusional. Listen to his press conferences. Any of them recently. How about a look in the mirror? It’s never, ever him. It’s always the ref, VAR, the players etc etc. It’s the definition of delusion when everyone else sees something completely differently. He’s a couple of defeats short of a full Paul Lambert at this stage.

I don’t want him fired. But it needs to be done because he’s become delusional and he’s lost his fucking balls as a manager.
The fact he’s struggling to get his system to work does not. AMS him a coward.

We all knew from day one the recruitment team left him with a hopelessly light weight forward line.  Even if Wesley hadn’t been shit it was paper thin.  Add to that two of our best three players are injured and the rest of the squad was cobbled together from all over Europe.

He’s not a coward, he’s just struggling.  Why you have to lay on the hyperbole is beyond me, it’s almost like you enjoy it.

It never ceases to amaze me how personal people get towards managers.
Nature of the beast I suppose.

Offline Dinas_Caerdydd

« Reply #246 on: December 28, 2019, 11:03:50 PM »
too late I know of course but you should have plumped for Brenden Rodgers when he was on the market

with gritted teeth he should be the next England manager

I don't think there was ever a time when we could have got him. We could probably have nicked him when we went for Lambert, but the Liverpool job became available at the same time and so we were never going to get him. I don't think he would have managed us in the Championship.

maybe steve gerrard would be a good shout too but I think he has just signed an extension up in Scotland . to me aston villa would be a plum job for him and plays the right way too

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #247 on: December 28, 2019, 11:05:44 PM »
Given the names on the realistic list aren’t we better sticking with the bloke who got us up a matter of months ago. I’d give him the season and if we go down then we regroup.
How many of us hate it when a club gets relegated and players jump ship ? We say things like “should have at least given a season to try and get the team back up etc”  well I’m all for sticking with Smith too . Yes at present it might be heart over head but how many of us in life go through a tough patch and come out stronger ? He’s not a fool so hopefully he will too.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #248 on: December 28, 2019, 11:07:09 PM »
How can you continue to send the same players out playing the same system that is continually failing. We have been badly caught out again by buying a load of players that are new to the Premiership when will management learn. We do have three or four very good players and there are some that can be useful but we miss that hard premiership experience and it shows. I am bemused by the stubbornness of Smith to keep playing Wesley, it really dictates the way we play and it isn't working.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #249 on: December 28, 2019, 11:07:33 PM »
maybe steve gerrard would be a good shout too but I think he has just signed an extension up in Scotland . to me aston villa would be a plum job for him and plays the right way too
I don't want to swap a guy with half a season of Premier League managerial experience for a guy with zero Premier League managerial experience.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #250 on: December 28, 2019, 11:09:20 PM »
I’m really not sure others would do better with this set of players, they really aren’t good enough.

Some of them have potential but are completely lost at the moment, we are a disorganised rabble so it's hard to stand out and easy to hide. In fairness to Smith, most of them are either sinking or hiding.

But I've given up on Wesley, Targett, Jota and Trez. While Lansbury, Taylor, Kodjia should be nowhere near a top division squad. A new manager and 3/4 new players needed asap.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #251 on: December 28, 2019, 11:10:48 PM »
Can we put the Poch thing to bed please. He wants to go to a club that will win him a trophy. Sadly that is not us at the moment.

Errrrrr Carabao cup semi finalist says hello.

Oh, ok then.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 11:20:40 PM by andyh »

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #252 on: December 28, 2019, 11:20:18 PM »
Marco Rose, got his team performing well or is it a case of a small cog in a fairly well oiled machine and when you take it out it doesn’t work on its own.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #253 on: December 28, 2019, 11:22:28 PM »
Apologies, thought he was Salzburg manager

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #254 on: December 28, 2019, 11:22:39 PM »
It's Benitez all day for me. I get the Purslow history issue but that aside it's a good fit for coach and club. Surprised West Ham haven't gone for him

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal