collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Aston Villa Manager  (Read 55916 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Next Aston Villa Manager
« Reply #165 on: December 28, 2019, 08:32:41 PM »
Chinese govt has recently decreed that £2m pa is the most their clubs can pay employees in the next round of contracts

I’d give John Terry 6 months although I wouldn’t be able to give a robust reason why.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #166 on: December 28, 2019, 08:34:29 PM »
Chinese govt has recently decreed that £2m pa is the most their clubs can pay employees in the next round of contracts

I’d give John Terry 6 months although I wouldn’t be able to give a robust reason why.

Assault, M'Lud?

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #167 on: December 28, 2019, 08:35:02 PM »
Rafa has said he isn't coming back to the Prem yet on MNF about 3 weeks ago, by all means try but I think the summer is the earliest he'd return.

I'd therefore go for Big Sam. Ok the football isn't great but at the moment we are playing with no fight, organisation or leadership and I think he rectifies all three. No reason he couldn't keep us up with a couple of smart signings in Jan and then push on towards mid-table the following season like he did with West Ham, then it's after that you consider the long-term, right now the Championship is calling, again, and the thought of another 3 years down there isn't too appealing.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #168 on: December 28, 2019, 08:38:09 PM »

Online lovejoy

« Reply #169 on: December 28, 2019, 08:40:40 PM »
We can throw names around on here all we like but in the real world there’s no way a premier league manager is going to leave mid season to drop down the league and join us. Or, for that matter, a manager with champions league experience.

Offline ez

« Reply #170 on: December 28, 2019, 08:41:56 PM »
Try for Poch. You never know until you try. I get tired of people talking the club down saying he wont consider it. We're a big club with wealthy owners.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #171 on: December 28, 2019, 08:43:05 PM »
We can throw names around on here all we like but in the real world there’s no way a premier league manager is going to leave mid season to drop down the league and join us. Or, for that matter, a manager with champions league experience.

The real world where Rafa joined a relegation threatened Newcastle in March?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #172 on: December 28, 2019, 08:43:49 PM »

Not sure about this at all, we can pay very big wages and that is all that counts.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #173 on: December 28, 2019, 08:45:22 PM »
Well Pellegrini will surely be gone after losing to Leicester's reserves and that will narrow the pool of replacements further.

Moyes seems to think he's getting that job. Again.

Listening to the West Ham fans on talksport, they would welcome him back with open arms.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #174 on: December 28, 2019, 08:46:58 PM »
It's not all about money though, no manager like Dyche will drop down the table to come to us and big names with CL experience probably see us as a but of a basket case still....with a bang average squad.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #175 on: December 28, 2019, 08:47:52 PM »

The real world where Rafa joined a relegation threatened Newcastle in March?

Where three-time Champions League winner Carlo Ancelloti joins Everton..?!

Christ, Pellegrini is at feckin West Ham!

I would hope two men worth $7bil could lure a decent name.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #176 on: December 28, 2019, 08:49:59 PM »
Exactly. Our owners are filthy rich, and we are bloody massive. Let's act like it for once.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #177 on: December 28, 2019, 08:51:29 PM »
Try for Poch. You never know until you try. I get tired of people talking the club down saying he wont consider it. We're a big club with wealthy owners.

Everton are a big club with wealthy owners, they tried. Not interested.

"Mauricio Pochettino has declined the chance to become Everton’s next manager after they made an approach for him to take over from Marco Silva, reports have claimed. The Toffees finally swung the axe on the Portuguese yesterday with the side living dangerously in the relegation zone."

Ancelotti wasn't a bad Plan B though. He was still Napoli manager at time of that article so just shows that sometimes luck and timing can play a part in whether the right man for the job becomes available.

I'm pretty sure when we sacked Sherwood all those years ago Big Sam had just been appointed Sunderland manager so that was one obvious name who we couldn't appoint due to timing.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #178 on: December 28, 2019, 08:52:24 PM »

Not sure about this at all, we can pay very big wages and that is all that counts.

Surely that would count for big name players yet we signed hardly any in the summer. We need to do that aswell going forward.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #179 on: December 28, 2019, 08:56:22 PM »
No idea if Poch would come, but he recently said he is open to offers and wants to manage in the Premier League again.
There is no vacancy Liverpool Chelsea Spurs Arsenal Citeh Everton.
Sure he can wait to see if a Top European Club comes in for him in the summer.
Our biggest recruiting problem is our current league position as many managers will not want to be tarnished by relegation.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal