collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by ChicagoLion
[Today at 02:08:41 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by The Edge
[Today at 02:05:37 PM]

Re: VAR by chrisw1
[Today at 02:04:45 PM]

Re: MOTD by LeeB
[Today at 01:56:14 PM]

Re: VAR by LeeB
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: MOTD by The Edge
[Today at 01:51:57 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by LeeB
[Today at 01:46:02 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by ChicagoLion
[Today at 01:44:19 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Aston Villa Manager  (Read 55994 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Next Aston Villa Manager
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2019, 07:14:28 PM »
Avram Grant or Malcom Allison.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2019, 07:15:26 PM »
Fuck, no. He's a c***. His "achievements" consist of zero trophies and finishing second in a competition that only two teams can win. And he's a c***. I know I've mentioned that already, but thought it was worth emphasising.

So Bono > Stevie G ? :)

That's actually quite close. Throw in Robbie cocking Williams and you have the full Trumvirate of Twattery.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2019, 07:15:40 PM »
.......& here in this thread is the best argument against the other thread.

So easy to say ‘out’ yet not so easy to work out the ‘in’.

That is such a weak argument. We aren't paid a fortune to choose the next Villa manager. We don't have any idea of budgets, long term plans, contacts in the game etc.

Not particularly arguing, just saying.

We aren’t paid to sack managers either but we do.

Edit - The fact that I said it’s the ‘best’ argument against the other thread means I’m not in total disagreement. I’m really worried that he didn’t make any changes to such a terrible performance today, but I would still like to see it turn around because I am afraid the arguments about poisonous dressing rooms, training ground, chairmen etc are dead - we have completely changed all of these several times over and it is looking increasingly like the common denominator is us.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 07:19:36 PM by amfy »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2019, 07:24:41 PM »
I wouldn't mind Allardyce. I think he would keep us up this season and take us further up the table next season. He took Bolton up and kept them up, kept Blackburn up, kept Newcastle up, kept Sunderland up and got West Ham up and kept them up, he kept Palace up and he kept Everton up. Not to mention being the most successful England manager of all time.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2019, 07:25:42 PM »
No.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2019, 07:28:16 PM »
Well Pellegrini will surely be gone after losing to Leicester's reserves and that will narrow the pool of replacements further.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2019, 07:28:39 PM »
.......& here in this thread is the best argument against the other thread.

So easy to say ‘out’ yet not so easy to work out the ‘in’.

That is such a weak argument. We aren't paid a fortune to choose the next Villa manager. We don't have any idea of budgets, long term plans, contacts in the game etc.

Not particularly arguing, just saying.

We aren’t paid to sack managers either but we do.

Edit - The fact that I said it’s the ‘best’ argument against the other thread means I’m not in total disagreement. I’m really worried that he didn’t make any changes to such a terrible performance today, but I would still like to see it turn around because I am afraid the arguments about poisonous dressing rooms, training ground, chairmen etc are dead - we have completely changed all of these several times over and it is looking increasingly like the common denominator is us.

That last bit, really?!  It really grinds my gears when Villa fans get the blame for us being shit.  We're averaging 42K sell out crowds, and they're still largely supportive of the team.  It wasn't Villa fans who decided that a talentless carthorse like Wesley would be the answer to our goalscoring prayers, or that Jota and Matt Targett would be good buys.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 07:30:26 PM by Risso »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2019, 07:28:55 PM »
Well Pellegrini will surely be gone after losing to Leicester's reserves and that will narrow the pool of replacements further.

Moyes seems to think he's getting that job. Again.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2019, 07:29:04 PM »
Apologies Amfy, that reads harsher than I meant.

We can want players/managers out as we can see it's not working. What we don't have is the information needed to make an informed decision on replacements, especially manager wise. If, for example, the club have in place a plan to spend £50m in Jan and another £100m in the summer then it massively changes our targets compared to if we're spending 78p in Jan and half a pack of Hob Nobs in the summer.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2019, 07:31:45 PM »
Don't think I've seen Eddie Howe mentioned. Think he'd be a realistic and decent candidate.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2019, 07:32:42 PM »
Fuck, no. He's a c***. His "achievements" consist of zero trophies and finishing second in a competition that only two teams can win. And he's a c***. I know I've mentioned that already, but thought it was worth emphasising.

That's actually quite close. Throw in Robbie cocking Williams and you have the full Trumvirate of Twattery.
Out of pure interest CD, have you ever met SG?
And labelling him a #### is based upon what exactly?
Your hatred of all things Liverpudian ?
:)

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2019, 07:35:22 PM »
Not particularly a reason not to hire Gerrard long term, but imagine being the mugs that bought him back to the Premier League the season his beloved Reds won it with ease?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2019, 07:37:41 PM »
Leandro Jardim about to be sacked by Monaco (again). That said I do think he's a good manager. He was there in his first spell when they got to CL semi finals with that very exciting team.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2019, 07:41:15 PM »
Yes its the Fans fault FFS

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #134 on: December 28, 2019, 07:41:41 PM »

Out of pure interest CD, have you ever met SG?
And labelling him a #### is based upon what exactly?
Your hatred of all things Liverpudian ?
:)

Eh? No, I don't hate Ron Saunders, Dennis Mortimer or Tony Morley, funnily enough. You're a bit bloody defensive whenever anyone criticises anything that happens to be associated with Liverpool.

Is it okay that I dislike slavery, Cilla Black and Esther McVey but quite like The Beatles, Alexei Sayle and Tom Baker?

No, I hate Gerrard because he was a cheating, diving bastard who should have gone to prison for assaulting someone because they had different taste in music to him.

If that's okay with you?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal