collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Woody17
[Today at 12:34:13 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sheffield United v Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 20861 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Sheffield United v Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2019, 06:01:51 PM »
Even if we're relegated it won't have been a bad move appointing him. And no one has said you can't have an opinion. You and anyone can have one if whether they've been going one year or 75, same as anyone can disagree with it.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2019, 06:05:04 PM »
You can take defeats  if you can take positives from them.  But that's now very inept performances against Wolves, Chelsea. Leicester and Sheffield. 

That's Chelsea who lost to West Ham and Bournemouth in their other two recent home games, and Leicester who couldn't beat Norwich at home today, and Sheffield who lost their last home game to Bruceball. 

Too many players go missing like AEG and Lansbury, or are badly out of form (McGinn).  It also looks like we overpaid for some very average/inconsistent players in the summer.  Either that or Smith doesn't know how to get the best out of them consistently.  For those constantly slagging Wesley he's on a hiding to nothing. Kodija did less when he came on.  Smith is looking increasingly out of his depth at this level.  The next four games we need a minimum 8 or 9  points or we will be royally shafted.

Altogether now, "it's beginning to look a lot like Fulham"
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 06:43:06 PM by ktvillan »

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2019, 06:05:47 PM »
Rest of the month is crucial. I think we need a couple of new faces in Jan that offer something different.

At least 6 points from the next 4 games.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2019, 06:06:30 PM »
Even if we're relegated it won't have been a bad move appointing him. And no one has said you can't have an opinion. You and anyone can have one if whether they've been going one year or 75, same as anyone can disagree with it.
If we did get relegated and he got binned and we're right back to square one, with a lot of players on big money and probably no Jack, it would be hard to put your hand on your heart and say it was a good appointment.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2019, 06:07:45 PM »
I wouldn't find it hard to say that, maybe others would.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2019, 06:08:03 PM »
That was truly abject. Quite a few fans left after the penalty miss and I don't blame them.

Smith isn't seemingly learning or adapting. We've been pitiful away from home so many times now it's no longer a surprise.

Both teams were poor in the first half, but clearly they said and did something at half time. Also the countless diagonal balls they successfully played (mainly Norwood) to Baldock and Stevens on the wings was just embarrassing. There was no tactical change to stop them either.

I hope I am wrong, but I currently don't have confidence in the players or Smith's ability to turn things around.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2019, 06:08:28 PM »
Fair enough.  I think I would.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2019, 06:13:47 PM »
Fair enough.  I think I would.

Being relegated would be shit, but imo, we'd be going down in a lot better shape than we'd be in if we hadn't gone up. We know Jack would have gone in the summer if we hadn't gone up, he's said that, for starters we'd get a lot more for him this summer than we would the one just gone. Parachute payments helping to cover any wage increases and so on.

I'll also say that i'm not sure i'd keep DS if we went down, a lot of that would, again for me, depend on the manner of how we went down.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2019, 06:18:24 PM »
OK now I'm worried. We're shit.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2019, 06:21:28 PM »
My thoughts are the owners and quotes from purslow keep saying building around dean. They are more astute owners and ceo than
we’ve had in a good while so we must trust . Similar issues to previous regime but unless you’re really lucky you need cash to pay and sign decent players and manger.
I’m not interested how much we spent last last summer we had to with 15 players leaving, can’t be a prem team in history that has rebuilt that quickly before. Some have proven to be good for their prices and a couple dire, but then I’m interested in how this situation will be managed by our well run club going forward .
I love villa but watch as a football fan with interest on how we manger and run the club because that will transfer onto the pitch at some point.
I’m guessing 95% of fans on here were saying trust in dean after the play off win and stay with the players and don’t boo etc if we have bad runs, I’ve not seen the latter but there is no point in getting on Deano ‘s back, they’ve just asked him to sign an extension to his contract.... they won’t pay more money to sack him than they would of a month ago !
I’ll always love us and support from wherever I am at home or at VP because I love villa. I don’t know wether it’s best to watch us win exciting games in championship, win 10,11 or 12 on the bounce , or be in the cash loaded premiership..... which has changed in so many ways whilst we were away.

We need 9 points though from next 3 games or relegation would be a reality but then again we all made predictions this time last year but no-one knew what was about to happen between jan-May !!

Come on you villains , I don’t think we’ll buy anyone substantial in January , let’s just finish 17th and spend in summer again

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2019, 06:22:25 PM »
You just wonder who will we keep a clean sheet against, especially away from home. It's frustrating that we didn't go at Sheff the way we did at Old Trafford a fortnight ago. The impact confidence or a lack thereof has, I suppose.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2019, 06:23:05 PM »
Absolutely fucking horrible 7 days. Leicester, Election and today. I am going to go and hide in a dark hole till next Saturday.😥😡

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2019, 06:24:14 PM »
Absolutely fucking horrible 7 days. Leicester, Election and today. I am going to go and hide in a dark hole till next Saturday.😥😡

Not bothering with the Liverpool game?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2019, 06:28:07 PM »
Shit week, shit football, shit results all round. Thoroughly pissed off with leaking goals left right and center and having no center forward threat.

BAH fucking humbug.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2019, 06:33:35 PM »
The window might just come at the right time for us.
We desperately need a striker.
Desperately.
You say that, and it may be true, but the first thing we have to do is stop leaking goals.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal