collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa v Leicester pre-match thread  (Read 11252 times)

Online Villafirst

Re: Villa v Leicester pre-match thread
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2019, 07:53:07 AM »
They just keep on coming.

This will be a tricky test, especially if we go for it. Nakamba needs to come back in for this, along with Guilbert and Engels.

Can't decide whether Taylor or Targett should be in on the left either, so I'll go with Taylor.

I'd consider leaving SJM out for a rest,i worry he'll get injured if he keeps playing,and he's been off the pace recently.

Though that's a lot of change.

ha ha good try Drum

Play Taylor and drop SJM

April 1st has come and gone mate

Not a direct swap. Obviously. Then again...

Taylor at the back with Targett wide left...

Nah, just tried to put a side together in 4-3-3 and couldn't!

No, Hause should be playing ahead of Taylor. I don't get why Smith continually ignores him. He was excellent against Wolves and got MOTM. I don't get it.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2019, 08:48:26 AM »
Just read a comment by Chris Waddle in today's racing post in which he said we are a number 9 away from being a very good side.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2019, 10:25:38 AM »
Looking forward to this one.  Leicester are going well, but I don't think they are to be feared too much and we've been competitive in pretty much every game so far this season. 

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2019, 10:39:12 AM »
Just read a comment by Chris Waddle in today's racing post in which he said we are a number 9 away from being a very good side.

I'd have to disagree slightly with him there.  I think a quality striker who could hold the ball up and bring others in to play would definitely improve us, but I think there would be another couple of upgrades needed before we would become a "very good" side.

I think we would need another quality winger, we would need Luiz to become the kind of central midfielder he has shown flashes of becoming or add another option in that area and potentially strengthen the full-back areas to take that next step as a side.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2019, 11:44:18 AM »
They are a very good side at the moment and look like the only side that come near to challenging Liverpool, and fair fucks to them, no probs with Leicester at all.....Rodgers on the other hand, smarmy, white toothed David Brent Git 😬

Bearing in mind with some how scrapped a draw at home to them as we were heading down with a shit team and they were heading towards the league title....so strange things can happen.

They should win tomorrow, but I have a feeling this could be a classic and possible season defining win for villa, 3-2, AEG, Jack, Luiz

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2019, 11:59:22 AM »
If we score first think we'll get at least a draw here.

Important we don't concede first as Leicester obviously on their best run since the 60s and they are lethal on the counter attack.

That said they only just beat Everton last weekend and were 0-0 at home to Watford up to 60th minute so to me it's not the sort of game which can quickly run away from you like when you play Man. City or Liverpool.

We'll be competitive as we've been in vast majority of games. I think 1-1.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2019, 01:54:08 PM »
Can’t see us getting anything out of this. Get this one out of the way, then push for a big points haul up to New Year

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2019, 02:21:31 PM »
Well we need something out of this, we can't keep writing games off as ''ooo that's a tough one, they're a good team'' it hasn't stopped a string a results against so called big 6 sides for other teams down the bottom, we need a win of our own and we need a striker to turn up for the game and actually threaten the oppositions defense where it hurts.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2019, 05:56:48 PM »
Well we need something out of this, we can't keep writing games off as ''ooo that's a tough one, they're a good team'' it hasn't stopped a string a results against so called big 6 sides for other teams down the bottom, we need a win of our own and we need a striker to turn up for the game and actually threaten the oppositions defense where it hurts.

No need to write off any games.  We've been competitive in pretty much every game this season, including against the side who currently sit with a double digit lead at the top of the table. 

Offline levico

« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2019, 06:20:07 PM »
If we could replicate our form in the 85 minutes of the Liverpool game, I think we might get something out of this match.

No sign that such a thing is likely, however as our players tire and continue to carry Wesley. So 0-3 I’m afraid as we descend into the bottom three for Christmas.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2019, 07:06:22 PM »
With today's sad news I think the spirit of Ron will be there tomorrow, 2-0 Villa.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2019, 07:12:58 PM »
D1-1. Just give 110% please. All of you.

Offline Roysmert

« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2019, 07:44:08 PM »
Leicester are a great team, on a great run. As Lee B says we want 110% off those players, tomorrow of all days.

Online JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2019, 07:44:28 PM »
3-2 win in a 110% performance in an emotionally charged and amazing Villa Park.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2019, 07:45:15 PM »
Minute's applause before the game, personally i'd have preferred a minute's silence.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal