collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:55:40 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by LeeB
[Today at 11:49:39 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:43:43 AM]

Champions League Contention by Astnor
[Today at 11:38:10 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Mister E
[Today at 11:34:56 AM]

Robin Olsen by London Villan
[Today at 11:32:24 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by Nev
[Today at 11:16:38 AM]

Ollie Watkins by andyh
[Today at 10:53:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manchester United v Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 27722 times)

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Manchester United v Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2019, 06:52:09 PM »
Great point Villa! Well done. It's great putting a bang average team and set of supporters in their place. 2 well taken goals from Jack and Tyrone. Onto Chelski now, nothing to fear there either. UTV!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2019, 06:52:25 PM »
I'd like to see Marvelous back in for Chelsea (instead of Doug) and if AEG isn't fit Lansbury to start. Where's Jota?

Gullibert suspended so guess we'll see AEM in aswell unless Konsa can play there.

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2019, 06:54:43 PM »
Even game between two sides destined for mid table at the end of the season. I know Mings made a cock up for their first goal, but I thought he was very good apart from that.
Scored the equaliser too!

Listening to the Newton Heathens on Talksport now. To paraphrase Greta Thunberg: how dare we get something against them!  :D

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2019, 06:55:29 PM »
Fuckin ace point there. Will take it anyday of the week...Aston Villa are slowly but surely coming back and I love it

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2019, 06:57:16 PM »
Superb point awwy from home against a very poor united team

Thought Mcginn was terrible again and needs to be dropped. Over runs with the ball and don't look up. Shite

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2019, 06:58:35 PM »
A couple of plastics at work (origin Ayr, Scotland and Worcester fans since 1986 apparently, how convenient) so will enjoy quipping with them tomorrow and they won't be able to go to VP this year as will be sold out well in advance

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2019, 07:00:29 PM »

Thought Mcginn was terrible again and needs to be dropped. Over runs with the ball and don't look up. Shite

Agree re sjm my dream team patience run out too . If el Ghazi fit try something different... him and trez wide , jack just behind front 3 ?

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2019, 07:00:51 PM »

He probably needs a rest. Marvellous and Luis v Chelsea.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2019, 07:04:51 PM »
What is Anwar's injury?

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2019, 07:05:46 PM »
We deserved to win that. Great heart to fight back for the draw.

Small quibble...we gift the ball back to the opposition way too much.

...and I'd also like to highlight the ref's excellent performance.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2019, 07:06:31 PM »
100 percent improvement from the Wolves game. To be disappointed to come away from Manure with only a point shows how far we have come in 12 months.

It also shows how far Man Utd have fallen. Thoroughly outplayed on successive weekends by promoted teams. Strip away the Old Trafford factor, if it still exists, and it's a disappointing result against a mid table side under huge pressure. Thought we lacked conviction in the first half when they were there for the taking. Handed them a goal but never really pushed on to get the second. United improved in the second half and I think a draw was a fair result overall. Very disappointed with our midfield, powder puff without the ball and didn't show enough courage with the ball in second half.

Heaton 6 - seems a bit unsure coming off his line. Involved in the mess for the first and didn't leave his line after it. Letting Lingaard get that ball second half was embarrassing.
Guilbert 7 - absolute bargain signing. Sharp on ball and quick on turn. Picking up too many yellows though.
Konsa 5 - the right choice to start but really poor for their first and got away with a huge mistake for Martials miss. Seemed unsure of himself.
Mings 7 - big mistake for their goal, took a chance with no cover near him. His unforced errors are costing us goals. Made up for this one with a fine finish.
Targett 7 - solid performance and an assist. Big improvement last two games from the Wolves debacle.
Luiz 6 - in the team on reputation only for me. Started well but a passenger without the ball. Far too soft physically, doesnt track runners and didn't get us playing second half with the ball.
McGinn 5 - really poor and in a rut form wise now. Lost the ball a lot and seemed off the pace without it.
Hourihane 6 - good first half generally but set pieces were surprisingly poor. Passenger without ball second half.
AEG/Trez 6 - AEG limped off early, Trez tried hard, made the Grealish chance, unlucky for the offside goal. But he lacks pace, and horribly one sided against a very average left back.
Grealish 8 - dominated first half and scored a brilliant goal. Quieter in second but still drew numerous free kicks, yellow cards and missed a sitter. Set pieces were average.
Wes 6 - held ball up well at times but forwards have to offer an attacking threat, he doesn't. Assist for their second goal.

Lansbury 5 - surprising pick ahead of Nakamba given stage of game. We needed legs in midfield but he doesn't offer any. Poor sub.

Smith 6 - set up team well but in game management remains desperately poor and reactive. No idea why Nakamba hasn't fallen so far out of favour, we were crying out for his mobility and presence in the second half.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2019, 07:14:34 PM »
Excellent point gained at the theatre of shite.

McGinn needs dropping, he's been a non-contributing passenger for weeks now. Wesley? I'm still not a fan of this guy despite his hustle-and-bustling performance. I like my forwards to have a bit of skill about them and look a goal threat, Wesley is neither.

Hopefully Mings now understands that he can't dilly-dally on the ball, kick it out man and all will be good most of the time.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2019, 07:18:08 PM »
I hope Manure don't sack Solskjaer after todays game. The so called 'football family' would never forgive us.

Offline stevenavfc

« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2019, 07:18:59 PM »
We have had some really tough away games. Most of the too teams already ticked off.
 Chelsea next up but then things look a bit more doable for us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal