collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:50:16 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Dave
[Today at 01:49:10 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by eamonn
[Today at 01:48:07 PM]

NSWE Investment by chrisw1
[Today at 01:47:33 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Olneythelonely
[Today at 01:47:05 PM]

The Running thread by Richard E
[Today at 01:42:41 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by dalians umbrella
[Today at 01:37:23 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Mister E
[Today at 01:29:15 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manchester United v Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 27679 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Manchester United v Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #165 on: December 02, 2019, 01:31:02 PM »
A well earned point and a great overall performance. Some really daft comments on here though, Mings “Elphick with dreadlocks” being the pick. Mings is an excellent player for us, an excellent leader too. His mistake apart, he was very good yesterday.
Oh I don’t know, calling him the new Titus Bramble ran it close for sheer crass stupidlity

That was me.  At least I can spell *stupidity*.  But anyway, I think it's a fair comparison.  A generally sound defender, prone to absolute howlers.

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #166 on: December 02, 2019, 01:34:59 PM »
Yeah that was a stupidtly mistake.  But Titus Bramble, really ? I agree Mings needs to cut out the unforced mistakes but give the bloke a break ...
You’ll be calling Smith the new Mc Claren next  😊

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #167 on: December 02, 2019, 01:35:49 PM »
A well earned point and a great overall performance. Some really daft comments on here though, Mings “Elphick with dreadlocks” being the pick. Mings is an excellent player for us, an excellent leader too. His mistake apart, he was very good yesterday.

His mistakes (plural) are what I based the comment on.  Mings has played well generally but if any comment is daft it's saying he's been excellent when he's made cock ups at Arsenal, Man City, Norwich, ManYew, to name a few, which led directly or indirectly to goals conceded.   Not to mention other unforced errors like against Newcastle.  Elphick often played very well but then let himself and others down with frequent cock-ups.  So daft my arse and maybe you need to remove your Mings-ray specs.

Offline Risso

« Reply #168 on: December 02, 2019, 01:36:30 PM »
Yeah that was a stupidtly mistake.  But Titus Bramble, really ? I agree Mings needs to cut out the unforced mistakes but give the bloke a break ...
You’ll be calling Smith the new Mc Claren next  😊

Actually, I think somebody else made the same point, just a second:

Tyrone Bramble is shit. Get him off

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #169 on: December 02, 2019, 01:47:02 PM »
Blackadder once said to Baldrick “ you really don’t get irony do you?”  “Yes my Lord,” says Baldrick “ it’s like Goldy and Silvery but not worth as much.”
It was posted immediately after he scored. Maybe too subtle....

Offline Risso

« Reply #170 on: December 02, 2019, 01:51:32 PM »
Ah fair enough.  Point remains though, he makes far too many cock ups, and I hardly think it's rank stupidity to point that out.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #171 on: December 02, 2019, 01:54:01 PM »

His mistakes (plural) are what I based the comment on.  Mings has played well generally but if any comment is daft it's saying he's been excellent when he's made cock ups at Arsenal, Man City, Norwich, ManYew, to name a few, which led directly or indirectly to goals conceded.   Not to mention other unforced errors like against Newcastle.  Elphick often played very well but then let himself and others down with frequent cock-ups.  So daft my arse and maybe you need to remove your Mings-ray specs.

No it’s daft. He’s been immense for us since he’s been here in every aspect. A talisman for the club. Every player We have makes errors at some point. Konsa made one near the end which could easily have resulted in a goal for a winner for them when he should have put his boot through the ball. Fortunately Martial put the ball over.  No mention of that though. Talk of him being dropped is also daft.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2019, 01:54:28 PM »
I like many thought we played really well and should have been a couple of goals clear in first half where I thought we passed and moved really well. The only answer they had for JG was to hack at him.
Really wished we could of found a winner from somewhere but a point is better than I had thought before the game.

Listened to TS this morning and the fat prat that is man mountain Brazil said that Jack had Spurs written all over him - it wont be long before the journos start with "Jack needs to move to get the England place" I bet that ginger pube Durham will start it.

Without Tammy Chelsea looked bang average as well - lets hope Dean can keep up the 100% record he has against Lampard.

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #173 on: December 02, 2019, 02:03:50 PM »
Ah fair enough.  Point remains though, he makes far too many cock ups, and I hardly think it's rank stupidity to point that out.
Agreed, if he can cut out the cock ups he will be a fine player. Maybe stupidity was a bit harsh, it is a game of opinions after all. Soz.

Offline Risso

« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2019, 02:16:13 PM »
For the record, I think Mings is a superb player, but he's not been at hist best in recent games, and he needs to cut out the mistakes.  Most of the trouble has come from him dallying on the ball for too long, you just can't do that in the Premier League and expect to not get punished.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2019, 02:23:58 PM »
I think it is easily forgotten, perhaps as he is a bit older or due to his impressive character, that, particularly in terms of matches played, Mings is effectively still learning the game - especially in the Premier League.

Due to his injuries, he had only started about ten Premier League games for Bournemouth and I think they have also meant that Konsa and Engles have actually made more senior appearances than Tyrone before this season.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #176 on: December 02, 2019, 02:30:04 PM »
For the record, I think Mings is a superb player, but he's not been at hist best in recent games, and he needs to cut out the mistakes.  Most of the trouble has come from him dallying on the ball for too long, you just can't do that in the Premier League and expect to not get punished.
Good summary. He is a good player and athlete. However, he sometimes tries to play about at the back too much and also too slowly which invites trouble. Then when pressed, he has to go back to Heaton who has to clear it upfield anyway.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #177 on: December 02, 2019, 02:52:25 PM »
What our players have to learn; Mings very much included in this, is that a lack of concentration or any display of complacency is punished severely at this level. In the Championship the quality of the opposing forwards means you can get away with more. Mings is an excellent player but he has to come to grips with that quickly. Play the percentages.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 02:58:07 PM by Toronto Villa »

Offline Risso

« Reply #178 on: December 02, 2019, 02:55:58 PM »
It's not like it's a fundamental flaw or weakness in his game.  He's quick, great in the air, a superb tackler and he reads the game very well.  He just needs to learn that occasionally there's nothing wrong with a good hard thwack up field.  Yesterday he tried to dummy the Man U player about three times, and didn't get away with it.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #179 on: December 02, 2019, 02:59:47 PM »

No it’s daft. He’s been immense for us since he’s been here in every aspect. A talisman for the club. Every player We have makes errors at some point. Konsa made one near the end which could easily have resulted in a goal for a winner for them when he should have put his boot through the ball. Fortunately Martial put the ball over.  No mention of that though. Talk of him being dropped is also daft.

What he did last season is irrelevant to how he's been playing this season. Being a talisman is irrelevant to how he's playing this season.  Yes every player makes mistakes and they get pelters for them.     Clarke was prone to errors when he played for us, so was Vlaar, so was Elphick.  They could all play really well but then fuck it up with a stupid error.  And people weren't afraid to say so. Konsa is a youngster taking his first steps in the PL, he's also not an England international. He might deserve a bit of leeway for that.  I don't see why Mings should have a permanent get out of jail card or sacred cow status because he won the fans hearts and minds last season. Yes he was great last season, nowadays less so, which anyone can see if they care to admit it, and plenty of other people can based on the last few match threads and post match threads.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal