collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by eamonn
[Today at 01:34:31 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:33:31 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manchester United v Aston Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 27738 times)

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

Re: Manchester United v Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2019, 09:29:28 AM »
Old Trafford is a strange place these days, it has more of feel of a tourist attraction than a football ground. I walked from the Tram stop at the cricket ground and the amount of half and half scarf sellers was unbelievable.

And whilst it’s still impressive size-wise once your inside, on closer inspection it’s starting to look really tatty and neglected.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2019, 09:55:33 AM »
Old Trafford is a strange place these days, it has more of feel of a tourist attraction than a football ground. I walked from the Tram stop at the cricket ground and the amount of half and half scarf sellers was unbelievable.

And whilst it’s still impressive size-wise once your inside, on closer inspection it’s starting to look really tatty and neglected.

Is that the team as well?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2019, 10:20:05 AM »
Great day yesterday went to the National Football Museum in Manchester before the game we played really well what a brilliant goal by Jack you are right Old Trafford does look tatty needs doing up.

Offline exigo

« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2019, 10:22:23 AM »
Chatted to a United season ticket holder on the train back to London last night. He was very complimentary about us as a team, and picked out Jack and Wesley as our best two players. Said Wesley led the line well, constantly moving their defence around and bringing midfielders into play when the ball was played up to him.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2019, 10:30:15 AM »
Great day yesterday went to the National Football Museum in Manchester before the game we played really well what a brilliant goal by Jack you are right Old Trafford does look tatty needs doing up.
Darren I am shocked that visited the NFM in Manchester. I refuse to go there as the National Football Museum  should have been located in Birmingham.

Offline avfc_1874

« Reply #155 on: December 02, 2019, 10:39:17 AM »
Starting to feel that Grealish would make a good shadow striker. Would lessen the workload for Wesley.

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #156 on: December 02, 2019, 10:57:57 AM »
 Greater Manchester Police are investigating reports that Aston Villa were robbed at the Theatre of Screams and Jack Grealish was mugged several times by a bunch of over paid, bang average footballers.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2019, 11:50:38 AM »

Yes, very much the impression I got yesterday after not having been there for a few years.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2019, 11:57:00 AM »

Yes, very much the impression I got yesterday after not having been there for a few years.

That was said after we played at Arsenal - these new stadia (which TTOD is, realistically) don't age well.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #159 on: December 02, 2019, 12:02:08 PM »
I enjoyed it when Maguire got booked for fouling AEG early doors. He was all 'But it's my first foul ref!' Refreshingly, the ref was 'no fucks given! Here's a yellow' you c***'. It's a pity he didn't do that when Jack was felled as soon as he got a touch.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 12:04:10 PM by Bad English »

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #160 on: December 02, 2019, 12:06:27 PM »
I enjoyed it when Maguire got booked for fouling AEG. He was all 'But it's my first foul ref!' Refreshingly, the ref was 'no fucks given! Here's a yellow' you c***'. It's a pity he didn't do that when Jack was felled as soon as he got a touch.

Well said BE. Refs don't make their job any easier if they apply these mythical concepts of foul accumulation being related to bookings. This isn't fucking basketball. Sadly footballers know that they can usually get a few good kicks in before the first yellow comes out.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #161 on: December 02, 2019, 12:13:20 PM »
A well earned point and a great overall performance. Some really daft comments on here though, Mings “Elphick with dreadlocks” being the pick. Mings is an excellent player for us, an excellent leader too. His mistake apart, he was very good yesterday.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #162 on: December 02, 2019, 12:42:51 PM »
A well earned point and a great overall performance. Some really daft comments on here though, Mings “Elphick with dreadlocks” being the pick. Mings is an excellent player for us, an excellent leader too. His mistake apart, he was very good yesterday.

He's making too many mistakes, and they quite often lead to goals, as they did yesterday.  There's always at least when moment in every game when he pisses about on the ball, and either gets caught in possession or has to play a pass to a team mate, putting them under pressure.  He's done it loads of times, including against Newcastle when they should have scored, and against Man U when they did from the resulting set piece.  Needs to cut it out, otherwise he needs to be dropped.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #163 on: December 02, 2019, 01:20:20 PM »

Guardian journalist David Conn has mentioned the state of the ground a few times as part of his criticism of the owners, neglected seems to be the correct term.

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #164 on: December 02, 2019, 01:25:31 PM »
Oh I don’t know, calling him the new Titus Bramble ran it close for sheer crass stupidlity

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal