collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 470462 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #2400 on: January 14, 2020, 07:26:31 PM »
Absolutely, I think he was exactly at Sturk and would be excellent for us. We don't have any bulk in midfield.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #2401 on: January 14, 2020, 07:43:17 PM »
As the time ticks on we get closer and closer to Saturday , going in to that game with no striker will be fucking criminal and serious questions need to be asked of the people running the club
The 'offence' was committed way back in the summer going with just one striker, and a hunch at that. We needed at least one and probably two strikers even before Wesley got injured, so goodness knows what has been going on in recruitment for the last 5 months.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #2402 on: January 14, 2020, 07:47:10 PM »
As the time ticks on we get closer and closer to Saturday , going in to that game with no striker will be fucking criminal and serious questions need to be asked of the people running the club

The question is why we didn't add in the summer, not so far this January.

It's not easy buying a decent forward at this time. We'll get somebody in.

I hope its Slimani, I know some are worried about his goal record but he's got more to his game than just goals. He would link up nicely with Jack.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #2403 on: January 14, 2020, 07:47:57 PM »
Oops more or less wrote what you said rouge.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #2404 on: January 14, 2020, 08:01:02 PM »
Benteke and Nzonzi anybody? They would add height and power down the middle. Nzonzi has been booked 52 times and sent off 4 times in his career. I feel we need some aggression in midfield especially with SJM out. I sometimes feel we're too nice.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2405 on: January 14, 2020, 08:07:04 PM »
That's what we need, a few suspensions in midfield!

Only joking. I'd love us to get Nzonzi (and I wouldn't mind Benteke). We won't get Nzonzi though.

Online Clampy

« Reply #2406 on: January 14, 2020, 08:09:29 PM »
N'Zonzi is a nice idea although it would leave us a bit overloaded with center midfielders.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #2407 on: January 14, 2020, 08:16:25 PM »
That's what we need, a few suspensions in midfield!

Only joking. I'd love us to get Nzonzi (and I wouldn't mind Benteke). We won't get Nzonzi though.

I don't know....stranger things have happened. I always liked Nzonzi at Blackburn and Stoke. A real enforcer in the middle. Get it done Pitarch!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 08:18:35 PM by Villafirst »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2408 on: January 14, 2020, 08:42:08 PM »
We need a bit of presence in central midfield. Let's be honest Luiz and Nakamba are massively low on confidence on the ball now and seemingly scared to take. Hourihane...enough said. McGinn won't be back for a while so don't think it would be the worst move.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #2409 on: January 14, 2020, 08:46:43 PM »
What's happened to the Louie Barry deal??

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #2410 on: January 14, 2020, 08:52:41 PM »
What's happened to the Louie Barry deal??

Barca changing managers and dicking the baggies around with the fee!. I've been told it's done and I honestly trust my mate 100%

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #2411 on: January 14, 2020, 08:55:55 PM »
Bizarre he went there in the 1st place. I presume his agent knew how these clubs operate with young foreign players? Must have been "compensated" well in wages though.

Offline frank black

« Reply #2412 on: January 14, 2020, 09:01:12 PM »
Bizarre he went there in the 1st place. I presume his agent knew how these clubs operate with young foreign players? Must have been "compensated" well in wages though.

According to the baggies Fans it was all a conspiracy between us and Barca to get him to Villa without having to pay the compensation to them. Because that’s just the conniving thing the Vile would do 😂

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2413 on: January 14, 2020, 09:02:09 PM »

Do you mean Lewie Barry going to Barcelona? If so, he's not foreign, they are. They're based in Catalonia in Spain.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #2414 on: January 14, 2020, 09:08:05 PM »

According to the baggies Fans it was all a conspiracy between us and Barca to get him to Villa without having to pay the compensation to them. Because that’s just the conniving thing the Vile would do 😂

heh, only conspiracy is barcelona hoovering up highly rated overseas youngsters to sell them on at a profit asap. I mean if they thought he was that good, you'd think they'd give him a contract  that ran past 18.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal