collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 471252 times)

Offline postal

Re: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #2385 on: January 14, 2020, 04:08:13 PM »
With the striker issues surprised we haven’t brought Hepburn-Murphy back from loan, not sure if he is injured at the mo?

He might not be injured now but he would be as soon as walks through the doors of Bodymoor

With our luck, he'd probably walk into them.

I still think that of our loaned players, if he isnt injured should come back. Shocking that we havent.

Offline DennisHodgetts

« Reply #2386 on: January 14, 2020, 04:09:36 PM »
If nothing is close on a forward or 2 and Kodja is still "poorly", surely they should be recalling RHM and /or Hogan now, if only to loan out again late in the window when hopefully we have done the business on signings? or am I just being too pragmatic and obvious?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2387 on: January 14, 2020, 04:14:21 PM »
i think we don't have a pot to piss in worth speaking of which is going to see us loan in as many as we can, due to being right on the FFP limit. I want to be proved wrong, but the two signings thus far point that way.

Or they point to the fact that 2 straight-forward loan deals for players that aren't needed at their current clubs and with no real competition takes a lot less time and effort than signing someone who his club don't want to sell without a replacement or who has numerous offers or who the club and trying to push the price up for.

The entire league has seen 7 players come in to premier league clubs, 4 loans, 1 signing of an out of contract player and 1 kid moving to the Everton reserves and 1 actual signing with an actual fee (of about half a million).  It's that simple, no one does any meaningful business in the first half of this window. We might see a couple of decent deals later this week but more likely it'll stay quiet for another 7-10 days and then we'll get a rush of activity in the last week or so.

At which point it might be too late.  Smith himself said that there are a lot of games in January, so that it was important to do business early.

and just how do you propose we do that if the clubs we're trying to sign players from won't budge? I'm not saying it's not important but unless you have a solution that involves anything other than paying massively over the odds, which we won't do, then I'm not sure how Smith/Suso/Purslow are to blame for what is a universally slow market.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2388 on: January 14, 2020, 04:32:08 PM »
If nothing is close on a forward or 2 and Kodja is still "poorly", surely they should be recalling RHM and /or Hogan now, if only to loan out again late in the window when hopefully we have done the business on signings? or am I just being too pragmatic and obvious?

I would definately recall them both if possible. RHM looks half decent and Hogan looked good in his spell at Sheffield United.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #2389 on: January 14, 2020, 04:34:46 PM »
if we aren't going to sign anyone by BRIGHTON / WATFORD then Smith should be calling up Scott hogan and bringing him back in , he worked with him and was decent at Brentford, it's better than nothing

My god, this is desperate now

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #2390 on: January 14, 2020, 04:59:51 PM »
If we end the month with El Ghazi getting bullied senseless in some weird attempt at playing as a striker then Pitarch should get the sack, simple as that. It will cost us our place in the division.

Offline Luffbralion

« Reply #2391 on: January 14, 2020, 05:05:58 PM »
With the striker issues surprised we haven’t brought Hepburn-Murphy back from loan, not sure if he is injured at the mo?

He might not be injured now but he would be as soon as walks through the doors of Bodymoor

Is this the Hepburn-Murphy who struggles to get in the first eleven at Tranmere?

With our luck, he'd probably walk into them.

I still think that of our loaned players, if he isnt injured should come back. Shocking that we havent.

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2392 on: January 14, 2020, 05:23:01 PM »
Obviously saw us on Sunday.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2393 on: January 14, 2020, 05:51:07 PM »
The Russian scored a hat-trick not long back but I think he might be injured again. I stand correct though. He actually  looked lively in pre-season and looked liked he'd bulked himself up a bit.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #2394 on: January 14, 2020, 05:58:18 PM »
Have to start with the Indiana

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2395 on: January 14, 2020, 06:09:53 PM »
The Russian scored a hat-trick not long back but I think he might be injured again. I stand correct though. He actually  looked lively in pre-season and looked liked he'd bulked himself up a bit.

Yep I agree with all that

I was a tad surprised he went out on a loan to be honest I thought he showed enough to be given some game time

as it’s transpired he would have got some

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2396 on: January 14, 2020, 06:34:25 PM »
Add to that the Russian has now got some relegation battle experience under his belt though his loan to Tranmere was for the whole season, so doubt we can recall him.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #2397 on: January 14, 2020, 06:47:35 PM »
One of the guys I work with is a season ticket holder at Tranmere, and can’t understand why he doesn’t get more game time, as he rates him very highly. I concede it’s hardly la liga standard but is there something else going on with him?

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #2398 on: January 14, 2020, 07:24:08 PM »
As the time ticks on we get closer and closer to Saturday , going in to that game with no striker will be fucking criminal and serious questions need to be asked of the people running the club

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #2399 on: January 14, 2020, 07:25:21 PM »
Villa linked with Steven Nzonzi. He's big and powerful in central midfield - and a France World Cup winner. A loan deal would suit I feel. We desperately need some steel in midfield. An enforcer!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal