collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:34 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 10:44:59 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by eamonn
[Today at 10:38:10 PM]

Re: FFP by AV82EC
[Today at 10:36:39 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:32:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:29:02 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:27:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 464499 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #1050 on: January 02, 2020, 04:04:39 PM »
Batshuayi is a very similar player to tammy from what i have seen. He is strong big and can score. Think that might be one of the reasons chelsea would let him go.

Get him on loan with option to buy in summer.  He did very well at palace last year.

Do we really want to sign a player with a surname that difficult to spell correctly? Some of our fans had enough trouble with Kozak. 

Kozak? People couldn't get Ciaran Clarke right

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1051 on: January 02, 2020, 04:07:20 PM »
Batshuayi is a very similar player to tammy from what i have seen. He is strong big and can score. Think that might be one of the reasons chelsea would let him go.

Get him on loan with option to buy in summer.  He did very well at palace last year.

Do we really want to sign a player with a surname that difficult to spell correctly? Some of our fans had enough trouble with Kozak. 

So ably demonstrated.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1052 on: January 02, 2020, 04:08:21 PM »

So ably demonstrated.

Insert "that's the joke" meme.

Online Drummond

« Reply #1053 on: January 02, 2020, 04:10:39 PM »

So ably demonstrated.

*Realises failure to insert winky casts doubt on intention of post.*

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #1054 on: January 02, 2020, 04:11:48 PM »

So ably demonstrated.

You used to be one of the smartest and most astute posters on here

*winky*

Online Drummond

« Reply #1055 on: January 02, 2020, 04:16:54 PM »

So ably demonstrated.

*winky*

Yeah, these days I'm past it and playing in the lower leagues. I even posted in the Timewasters section t'other day.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1056 on: January 02, 2020, 04:22:26 PM »

So ably demonstrated.

*winky*

Yeah, these days I'm past it and playing in the lower leagues. I even posted in the Timewasters section t'other day.
That’s the equivalent of Radio Sad, yerll quite literally be mumbling around midnight in A Lambertastique sort of way mate.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #1057 on: January 02, 2020, 04:25:54 PM »
Don't want to pee on anyone's chips, but from what I've read from Chelsea fans he offers very little outside of the box, gets caught offside a lot. He is a good finisher though, so if we create chances for him it could work out.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #1058 on: January 02, 2020, 04:33:40 PM »
Don't want to pee on anyone's chips, but from what I've read from Chelsea fans he offers very little outside of the box, gets caught offside a lot. He is a good finisher though, so if we create chances for him it could work out.

They’re also the club that let Mo Salah and Kevin de Bruyne leave.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1059 on: January 02, 2020, 04:34:07 PM »
And Sidwell, the fools!

Oh, wait.

Offline Villatillidie25

« Reply #1060 on: January 02, 2020, 04:34:34 PM »

agreed. I don't think anyone thinks he's the world's best (he'd be playing if he was). What he does do, though, is score goals. with Wesley a cropper I think we need 2 strikers (or one and another that can play wider). we should go for Batshuayi on loan but then another guy who's more physical. it would be quite a big change in style of play (Wesley's faults aside) to not have a big target man which might be a bit risky at this stage if it takes any time for the rest of the team to get up to speed. Someone in before Citeh is a must though

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #1061 on: January 02, 2020, 04:38:39 PM »

They didn't rate Tammy very highly at one point. Not just the fans, the club also. We'd have got him if they weren't forced to keep him and play him. Like anything let's see what happens if he comes here, but he's got talent and ability. It's up to us then to get it out of him.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #1062 on: January 02, 2020, 04:40:41 PM »

They didn't rate Tammy very highly at one point. Not just the fans, the club also. We'd have got him if they weren't forced to keep him and play him. Like anything let's see what happens if he comes here, but he's got talent and ability. It's up to us then to get it out of him.

Yep exactly.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #1063 on: January 02, 2020, 05:04:05 PM »
I'm not saying he's awful, just wondering if he's suited to our way of playing. We may be better with Giroud for half a season.

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #1064 on: January 02, 2020, 05:36:17 PM »
I'm not saying he's awful, just wondering if he's suited to our way of playing. We may be better with Giroud for half a season.
Why not both?
With Wes being out for the season we need someone in asap and up to speed. Add in another backup striker, get rid of Kodjia and get a creative midfielder in as well. When is Davis back fit?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal