collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 464360 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #450 on: December 15, 2019, 10:57:03 AM »
We were crying out for a dcm especially after whelan left. We bring 2 internationals in for that position and we still aren't happy. How many dcm's do we want and is that position becoming the equivalent of right back under bruce where we just fill the team with dcm's?
If it's a question of bringing in another dcm to unleash McGinn, perhaps super John needs to return to his early season form (before talk of manure) to see the best of him again and players around him.
A striker is definitely needed, perhaps a speedy winger who can cross a ball and someone who can replace either McGinn or Grealish especially when the former is off form or Jack is out injured.

We are going to need two DM's in some games and with Luiz struggling a bit and Hourihane and Lansbury not really up to the job, we don't have too many options. 

Online TonyD

« Reply #451 on: December 15, 2019, 11:02:47 AM »
Yep we definitely need a leg breaker type in midfield so McGinn and Jack can play together in the middle.  And we need TWO strikers.  Maybe a buy and a loan.  And someone to replace Targett.  And Dean to change.   If all this happens we will be pushing for Europe....

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #452 on: December 15, 2019, 11:15:11 AM »
We still carry players like Lansbury in our squad, if they are not good enough get rid.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #453 on: December 15, 2019, 11:19:56 AM »
Yep we definitely need a leg breaker type in midfield so McGinn and Jack can play together in the middle.  And we need TWO strikers.  Maybe a buy and a loan.  And someone to replace Targett.  And Dean to change.   If all this happens we will be pushing for Europe....

We signed two defensive midfielders in Nakamba and Luiz, paid over £25m for the pair of them, and now it turns out that neither of them are really up to the task.  Pitarch should be getting just as much of a squeaky bum as Smith to be honest.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #454 on: December 15, 2019, 11:25:45 AM »

We signed two defensive midfielders in Nakamba and Luiz, paid over £25m for the pair of them, and now it turns out that neither of them are really up to the task.  Pitarch should be getting just as much of a squeaky bum as Smith to be honest.
Or, the two we brought in have not yet fully acclimatised to the new league (not that I see Luiz as a destroyer; more of a play break-up player; a pass-and-move sort of guy).
As I said above, I'd play thre midfield in a different way, to make use of what we have got.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #455 on: December 15, 2019, 11:39:20 AM »
Lots of talk about what type of player we need. Are there any actual names linked? Not that I'll have heard of any of them I expect, a bit like all our signings in the summer!

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #456 on: December 15, 2019, 11:59:22 AM »
How's Veretout doing, can we take him back?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #457 on: December 15, 2019, 12:53:24 PM »
How's Veretout doing, can we take him back?

I'd imagine that he'd sooner go to Partick Thistle than come back here.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #458 on: December 15, 2019, 01:03:20 PM »

Nakamba has looked decent enough Risso, but has just been overrun at times with little help.  It is hard to make judgement in Luiz as by all accounts he had no preseason and is probably still playing catch up as a result. 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 04:11:32 PM by tomd2103 »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #459 on: December 15, 2019, 01:32:16 PM »
Morelos sent off again 😂

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #460 on: December 15, 2019, 02:05:48 PM »
I don’t know about luiz. I don’t think we’ve seen the best of him but I also don’t think he’s that kind of player. He’s got nice touch, tidy feet and good at ball recycling but he’s also slow and not very physical and his passing is hit and miss.

His work rate without the ball is diabolical.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #461 on: December 15, 2019, 02:34:01 PM »
In contrast Wolves midfield for all their technical ability really do work their bollocks off without the ball. And this I think is their 30th game of the season. They don’t have the biggest squad but it is so well drilled by the manager and staff.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #462 on: December 15, 2019, 04:14:21 PM »
In contrast Wolves midfield for all their technical ability really do work their bollocks off without the ball. And this I think is their 30th game of the season. They don’t have the biggest squad but it is so well drilled by the manager and staff.

Agree TV, but Neves and Moutinho are quality players.  As for formations, Wolves are like Sheffield United in that they have found a system that works for them and have developed it over a coupke of seasons.  We haven't had a system that has looked convincing for years. 

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #463 on: December 15, 2019, 04:33:14 PM »
Douglas Luiz is talented, but he’s clearly a playmaker type as opposed to a ball winner.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #464 on: December 15, 2019, 04:52:43 PM »

Agree TV, but Neves and Moutinho are quality players.  As for formations, Wolves are like Sheffield United in that they have found a system that works for them and have developed it over a coupke of seasons.  We haven't had a system that has looked convincing for years. 

System one issue the other is players not performing for 90 mins , never mind putting a few decent games together especially in MF.Houriane excellent against Newcastle , hopeless against Chelsea ..Luiz comes on looks decent starts next game and is poor .

At the moment Wes lack of goals and defence conceding looks like we have issues there where as I think the MF is contributing alot to these issues.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal