collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Re: Bjorn Engels - Confirmed by aj2k77
[Today at 12:35:25 AM]

Re: VAR by Toronto Villa
[Today at 12:09:50 AM]

Re: VAR by Ads
[Today at 12:06:31 AM]

Re: The Run IN by Sexual Ealing
[February 17, 2020, 11:55:06 PM]

Re: VAR by Toronto Villa
[February 17, 2020, 11:39:20 PM]

Re: Lower Holte row z by Madferret62
[February 17, 2020, 11:38:00 PM]

Re: The Run IN by olaftab
[February 17, 2020, 11:34:23 PM]

Re: The Run IN by Villan82
[February 17, 2020, 11:27:02 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 230616 times)

Offline TonyD

Re: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #480 on: December 15, 2019, 11:02:47 AM »
Yep we definitely need a leg breaker type in midfield so McGinn and Jack can play together in the middle.  And we need TWO strikers.  Maybe a buy and a loan.  And someone to replace Targett.  And Dean to change.   If all this happens we will be pushing for Europe....

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 31.12.2020
« Reply #481 on: December 15, 2019, 11:15:11 AM »
We still carry players like Lansbury in our squad, if they are not good enough get rid.

Offline Risso

• GM : 13.02.2020
« Reply #482 on: December 15, 2019, 11:19:56 AM »
Yep we definitely need a leg breaker type in midfield so McGinn and Jack can play together in the middle.  And we need TWO strikers.  Maybe a buy and a loan.  And someone to replace Targett.  And Dean to change.   If all this happens we will be pushing for Europe....

We signed two defensive midfielders in Nakamba and Luiz, paid over £25m for the pair of them, and now it turns out that neither of them are really up to the task.  Pitarch should be getting just as much of a squeaky bum as Smith to be honest.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 10.02.2021
« Reply #483 on: December 15, 2019, 11:25:45 AM »

We signed two defensive midfielders in Nakamba and Luiz, paid over £25m for the pair of them, and now it turns out that neither of them are really up to the task.  Pitarch should be getting just as much of a squeaky bum as Smith to be honest.
Or, the two we brought in have not yet fully acclimatised to the new league (not that I see Luiz as a destroyer; more of a play break-up player; a pass-and-move sort of guy).
As I said above, I'd play thre midfield in a different way, to make use of what we have got.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #484 on: December 15, 2019, 11:39:20 AM »
Lots of talk about what type of player we need. Are there any actual names linked? Not that I'll have heard of any of them I expect, a bit like all our signings in the summer!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #485 on: December 15, 2019, 11:59:22 AM »
How's Veretout doing, can we take him back?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #486 on: December 15, 2019, 12:53:24 PM »
How's Veretout doing, can we take him back?

I'd imagine that he'd sooner go to Partick Thistle than come back here.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #487 on: December 15, 2019, 01:03:20 PM »

Nakamba has looked decent enough Risso, but has just been overrun at times with little help.  It is hard to make judgement in Luiz as by all accounts he had no preseason and is probably still playing catch up as a result. 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 04:11:32 PM by tomd2103 »

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
« Reply #488 on: December 15, 2019, 01:32:16 PM »
Morelos sent off again 😂

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 28.06.2019
« Reply #489 on: December 15, 2019, 02:05:48 PM »
I donít know about luiz. I donít think weíve seen the best of him but I also donít think heís that kind of player. Heís got nice touch, tidy feet and good at ball recycling but heís also slow and not very physical and his passing is hit and miss.

His work rate without the ball is diabolical.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2021
« Reply #490 on: December 15, 2019, 02:34:01 PM »
In contrast Wolves midfield for all their technical ability really do work their bollocks off without the ball. And this I think is their 30th game of the season. They donít have the biggest squad but it is so well drilled by the manager and staff.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #491 on: December 15, 2019, 04:14:21 PM »
In contrast Wolves midfield for all their technical ability really do work their bollocks off without the ball. And this I think is their 30th game of the season. They donít have the biggest squad but it is so well drilled by the manager and staff.

Agree TV, but Neves and Moutinho are quality players.  As for formations, Wolves are like Sheffield United in that they have found a system that works for them and have developed it over a coupke of seasons.  We haven't had a system that has looked convincing for years. 

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 09.02.2020
« Reply #492 on: December 15, 2019, 04:33:14 PM »
Douglas Luiz is talented, but heís clearly a playmaker type as opposed to a ball winner.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #493 on: December 15, 2019, 04:52:43 PM »

Agree TV, but Neves and Moutinho are quality players.  As for formations, Wolves are like Sheffield United in that they have found a system that works for them and have developed it over a coupke of seasons.  We haven't had a system that has looked convincing for years. 

System one issue the other is players not performing for 90 mins , never mind putting a few decent games together especially in MF.Houriane excellent against Newcastle , hopeless against Chelsea ..Luiz comes on looks decent starts next game and is poor .

At the moment Wes lack of goals and defence conceding looks like we have issues there where as I think the MF is contributing alot to these issues.

Offline themossman

• GM : 14.02.2018
« Reply #494 on: December 15, 2019, 05:09:24 PM »
Douglas Luiz is talented, but heís clearly a playmaker type as opposed to a ball winner.

Thatís the thing, you could make a decent argument that trezeguet, jota, luiz, SJM, hourihane, marvelous, although they are all different players, are all best in that no. 10 position, which is mad when you consider that A. we have jack and B. we only bought one striker.