collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 464222 times)

Offline Goldie.7

Re: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2019, 12:33:55 AM »
I'm not in the Benteke pining camp but I'd sooner have him on the bench instead of Kodjia or Davis. I didn't see his cameo performance against Burnley but I watched the Belgium/'The Mighty Reds YNWA' games in full and honestly, he was impressive.

A loan until the end of the season wouldn't be the end of the world.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #196 on: December 02, 2019, 08:37:21 AM »
Why on earth would Palace loan him to us?

Online papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2019, 08:51:32 AM »
Benteke's scored 4 goals in two and a half seasons.  If it weren't for the fact that he did really well for us 5 years ago the suggestion would be hilarious.  In fact it is hilarious: whatever he had when he was here, he hasn't got it anymore.
......is the only logical conclusion.
I can't imagine that our management would even consider wanting him.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #198 on: December 02, 2019, 09:54:38 AM »
Benteke is only 28, but still think that's too old for a Dean Smith signing. He may be in our price range however, if he did become available.

Or may be a loan deal in January. Not ideal but it's less of a gamble than a permanent deal on big wages. I still think Davis could be good in the short term but he does seem to get a few injuries.

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #199 on: December 02, 2019, 10:14:09 AM »
Guys, whatever the question facing us in January is:

The 28 year old, 2019 version of Benteke is not the answer. We can do better.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #200 on: December 02, 2019, 11:12:26 AM »
Ollie Watkins has big fans on here doesn't he? Played left of a three against us last season but seems to be down the middle this year. Capable of stepping up?

Offline Luke8

« Reply #201 on: December 02, 2019, 11:16:36 AM »
I can’t see us pursuing any loans deals. Only possibly exception would be if we have an agreed option to purchase the player as part of the deal.

Purslow stated at the end of last season that loans make no sense from a business point of view and I don’t think Brentford loaned a single player in the last couple of seasons that Dean Smith was there. Seems to be a common belief that loans are not the way forward.

Online GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #202 on: December 02, 2019, 11:24:24 AM »
See the increase in Ming's value as the reason to not loan players!

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #203 on: December 02, 2019, 11:52:24 AM »
Personally, I feel that if we can put a bit of daylight between ourselves and the bottom 3, we will likely see a quiet January window.  Signings are more likely to happen if we are involved in a relegation battle.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #204 on: December 02, 2019, 12:00:49 PM »
See the increase in Ming's value as the reason to not loan players!

Loans got us promoted.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #205 on: December 02, 2019, 12:11:14 PM »
Guys, whatever the question facing us in January is:

The 28 year old, 2019 version of Benteke is not the answer. We can do better.

Hallelujah!

Online papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2019, 03:37:38 PM »
If our owners and management team have any intentions of making this club one of the modern day greats then I doubt if there would be any interest in any of the aforementioned championship players, (could do a job, might be able to step up, worth a punt, etc.etc.)

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #207 on: December 02, 2019, 03:45:51 PM »
Benteke is only 28, but still think that's too old for a Dean Smith signing. He may be in our price range however, if he did become available.

Or may be a loan deal in January. Not ideal but it's less of a gamble than a permanent deal on big wages. I still think Davis could be good in the short term but he does seem to get a few injuries.
The way the club handled transfers this summer was consistent and in line with what they said they’d do, bring in players who can be developed and whose value can go up. They also stated that loaning players wasn’t there intention in the future. So bringing back benteke on loan or permanently isn’t in line with their philosophy.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #208 on: December 02, 2019, 03:59:41 PM »
The way the club handled transfers this summer was consistent and in line with what they said they’d do, bring in players who can be developed and whose value can go up. They also stated that loaning players wasn’t there intention in the future. So bringing back benteke on loan or permanently isn’t in line with their philosophy.
Quite.  And on top of everything else, none of the management team (I think) were here when Benteke was so they have no connection to him whatsoever.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #209 on: December 02, 2019, 04:16:40 PM »
Quite.  And on top of everything else, none of the management team (I think) were here when Benteke was so they have no connection to him whatsoever.

Terry did once get the mother of all dogs abuse for getting him sent off.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal